New Hire Boats For 2022

RS2021

2 hours ago, andyg said:

Hi david, as someone who works in the sector can i ask how you see next season unfolding

Many people are already booking for 2023 and paying these rates. If they reduced prices, I guess they would have to reduce theirs too, or it would put off early bookings. I've just seen that only 6 boats remain for hire starting tomorrow on Hoseasons (for 7 nights). September bookings look good too. Someone still  has money! 

Having said all that, people have been booking closer to their start date, clearly waiting to see what they can afford. We will all be able to afford less next summer with energy rates going through the roof and a level of inflation which will far outstrip salary rises. It's bound to make a difference. My guess (for what it's worth) is that prices will stay the same and not increase for 2023.... but who knows!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

. . . . . . . . I've just seen that only 6 boats remain for hire starting tomorrow on Hoseasons (for 7 nights). . . . . . . .

Is one of them Tranquila from Richo’s for some inexplicable reason? :default_hiding:

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi all as to next year's prices Richardson's has put up their prices by Two Hundred Quid

Not sure about that Andrew. I've just checked some prices for boats available in October 22 and 23 and the hire charges are unchanged. Broads Harmony is £1021 on the 7th (2022) and £1021 on the 7th (2023). Carousel is £1267 on the 8th (2022) and £1267 on the 9th (2023) Clear Gem is £451 on the 8th (2022) and £451 on the 9th (2023). It looks the same for the other boatyards that I've seen too.  Maybe on one of the years you have hit a bank holiday? 

I think the convention is that you can book the following year's boats at this year's prices until the end of October (I believe). 

• Like 2

On 19/08/2022 at 16:51, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Brooms have totally out priced themselves now .. They got greedy with last years staycation and they think they can carry on by asking for stupid high prices..  They have killed it off for returning customers. I for one have not returned. And we was hiring with them for a few years some times twice to three times a year. Sad really but that’s greed and stupidity. 

Oooooosh!!  Not just the price of hiring boats apparently.  Just seen these ‘special offers!’

https://shop.broomboats.com/collections/food-drink

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Not sure about that Andrew. I've just checked some prices for boats available in October 22 and 23 and the hire charges are unchanged. Broads Harmony is £1021 on the 7th (2022) and £1021 on the 7th (2023). Carousel is £1267 on the 8th (2022) and £1267 on the 9th (2023) Clear Gem is £451 on the 8th (2022) and £451 on the 9th (2023). It looks the same for the other boatyards that I've seen too.  Maybe on one of the years you have hit a bank holiday? 

I think the convention is that you can book the following year's boats at this year's prices until the end of October (I believe). 

They most definitely have David. I paid 1300 quid for broadsman for a long weekend in Sept. The same class boat on the same start date is know 1800 quid..ummm,something I've never known richardsons to do. I'm a regular customer and I'm pretty spot on with prices. 

11 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Queen Mary that come supplied with a full crew of about 1800 people?

Broom Captain next August £2,199 a week for 2. Queen Mary 2 a week transatlantic for 2 in Ocean View cabin £2,198 - cooked breakfast and afternoon tea included every day...

You pays your money and makes your choice.

• Like 5

Latest news on the pub is it opens sometime in September, but it has had a huge amount of work done on it so expect the prices to reflect the investment would be my guess. There should also be a few more visitor moorings for the pub.

Mind I had a pump out on Friday and most of the boats were out on hire. 2 in on turnaround and 2 not hired. Pump out was £18.

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Think they've lost the plot.Call in the Co-op at Brundall, buy ingredients and cook yourself. Or have breakfast at a cafe in the village. 

The only cafe in Brundall offers a choice of breakfast at around £6 - £8 per head and takeaway baps. It is clean and tidy inside with a garden out back. The only drawback for those on a boat who struggle with walking is the hill up to the village.

24 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Latest news on the pub is it opens sometime in September, but it has had a huge amount of work done on it so expect the prices to reflect the investment would be my guess. There should also be a few more visitor moorings for the pub.

Mind I had a pump out on Friday and most of the boats were out on hire. 2 in on turnaround and 2 not hired. Pump out was £18.

Yes, it was meant to reopen in July then they found a snag so August and now due to reopen in September. Outside seating area has had a low wall built around it and a sump pump installed there  to combat high water flooding.

All looking "pretty" now on the outside but hoping it wont have "pretty" prices inside when it is finished but dreading the worst, ie £8 a pint!

40 quid for breakfast for 2. How on earth did they come up with that. We often eat breakfast along the seafront here in Southend. Thoses that know the area I mean up by the cliffs, about a dozen cafes all in a row with great views out over the Thames to Kent. Even with the ridiculous parking fees it doesn't come to nowhere near 40 quid. From what I remember of this pub it's not in a fantastic location and all you can see is the marina and the odd train passing. Well good luck with that one..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RS2021 said:

Broom Captain next August £2,199 a week for 2. Queen Mary 2 a week transatlantic for 2 in Ocean View cabin £2,198 - cooked breakfast and afternoon tea included every day...

You pays your money and makes your choice.

I really think they need to sit down and realise that people will not return at stupid over priced prices.. A rise of nearly over £800 over the last two years is a complete joke .. They have definitely killed the returning customer market on there prices. I’m sorry to say this is downward slope of there hire boat side.. Personally I can see it going as well as there repair side and the whole site being turned into upmarket riverside residential area with moorings.. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Understand what you say however you cant fault the food there or can you?

I have no idea, since I have only "darkened their door" on two occasions.  The first was when it turned out they were doing a wedding reception and so "normal" customers were out of the question.

The second time, I came in and asked for a drink at the bar and to see the lunch menu.  I was made so totally unwelcome by the "P.R." or whoever she thought she was, that I simply walked away.

I am cruising the Broads on my boat.  If I want to stop for lunch, I want good old pub food and a pint or two.  Who remembers Patsy Dashwood's home cooked fish pie in the Buck in Thorpe, or her steak and ale pie?

If I want a heavily priced gourmet experience, I will take my twin engined flybridge Broom to the Waterside Inn at Bray, where I will expect to pay whatever it might cost.

• Like 4