New Hire Boats For 2022

RS2021

Barnes have now launched the 1st of there new brinks prelude class, a 46ft dual steer. Unusually for them the boat isn't finished, she was launched without her windows or stern doors fitted and with the interior not complete. I did notice the other week they had another hull still in its mould outside the shed, maybe they need to clear some space. But great to see continued investment into there fleet, not doubt it will fitted with loads of tech and a quality internal fit out as you'd expect from new barnes boats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyg said:

Barnes have now launched the 1st of there new brinks prelude class, a 46ft dual steer. Unusually for them the boat isn't finished, she was launched without her windows or stern doors fitted and with the interior not complete. I did notice the other week they had another hull still in its mould outside the shed, maybe they need to clear some space. But great to see continued investment into there fleet, not doubt it will fitted with loads of tech and a quality internal fit out as you'd expect from new barnes boats. 

I guess that even they are suffering from supply issues for components needed for the build.  We’ve been quoted ten weeks delay to supply a new prop for  Norfolk Lady and already have one ordered for when she’s lifted in the autumn/winter for maintenance.

I was in Horning Pleasurecraft yesterday afternoon to fit a fender basket to Moonlight Shadow and enquired about their new build.  They too are awaiting various components to complete it, although they hope to have it ready by the end of August.  Thinking back to December, when the syndicate voted on a new engine for MS, we tried to get a Beta Marine 50hp as a replacement for the ageing Perkins and they couldn’t supply until May, so we settled for a Nanni that was in stock at Peachments.

I’ve been told by two people in the boat building industry that supplies of toilets and spares from one of the leading manufacturers of marine loos have all but dried up (no pun intended).

I’m also aware that canopy and upholstery suppliers have long waiting lists, some refusing to promise delivery until 2023.

No one seems sure of the reasons - after effects of Covid, Brexit, shortage of labour or a combination of all or some of them, but there are certainly supply issues affecting the industry 

• Thanks 1

Good point, I didn't give that a thought. Just goes to show how use to just picking things of the shelf wed got use to..our convenient life styles aren't that convenient anymore lol... my wife's new car delivery date has been put back to January...

Before covid we were planning a slight increase in business.  The first few weeks manufacturers cancelled tons of raw matériels, within a few weeks they were trying to re-order.

Boatbuilders orderbooks across the world exploded and the supply chain is still struggling to catch up.  Don’t think we will for some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

Before covid we were planning a slight increase in business.  The first few weeks manufacturers cancelled tons of raw matériels, within a few weeks they were trying to re-order.

Boatbuilders orderbooks across the world exploded and the supply chain is still struggling to catch up.  Don’t think we will for some time.

Thanks for the info Neil, I knew clive had the new engine for the new build and I believe he said it had been fitted. Any idea where the bonded windows are manufactured ? Is it locally ?? Makes sense now for barnes to put prelude in the water and get it out of the way instead of taken up space in the shed. Quite easy to cover up the exposed window openings. 

17 minutes ago, andyg said:

Thanks for the info Neil, I knew clive had the new engine for the new build and I believe he said it had been fitted. Any idea where the bonded windows are manufactured ? Is it locally ?? Makes sense now for barnes to put prelude in the water and get it out of the way instead of taken up space in the shed. Quite easy to cover up the exposed window openings. 

Clive’s new boat is a hybrid, so I’ve been given to understand.

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Clive’s new boat is a hybrid, so I’ve been given to understand.

Yes, it’s a private build, the next one will be for hire but won’t be hybrid.. 

B7B0D38E-CC5E-42CC-9C8B-2F584991D0CF.jpeg

3D2855DA-DD75-412D-8600-21DC4E58D4BC.jpeg

74B9934A-8A7A-49A7-AE12-805DD18B9787.jpeg

CE0254D0-5044-4E8A-9434-AE76F5D40570.jpeg

BDEAE8D9-AFD6-4819-B962-FFB73ECFDD9B.jpeg

8787B1F1-F177-4E10-9AFA-45CF2A489203.jpeg

813586D5-C0FA-43A7-B5EF-3CEC6B67AE31.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, Roy said:

Looks really good you certainly have a eye for a good broads boat !!! 

I just know what I like, I get a fair bit of help along the way from a lot of talented individuals who have massive input and put up with me changing my mind a lot! 

yes, that’s Ladybird and Jomaric

and yes tape is to help protect from scuffing 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

Okay, Clive, get that ready for the end of September and we are prepared to do a shakedown cruise for the new owners instead being on Clearway.

paul

The owner has been out on Clearway twice! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1