Broom Bikes

Tempest

The cynic in me says ‘how much?’  I can’t imagine that they'd be cheap, given their current price for diesel.  Having bought the pub, they already have a coffee/snack bar on site where they had evening entertainment one day last week and another planned for 18th May, boat, water lodge, dayboat and bike hire, they’re clearly going for market domination in Brundall.

Interestingly, White Heron ( the super luxury 2 berth boat they advertised a few weeks ago), is still missing from their website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Interestingly, White Heron ( the super luxury 2 berth boat they advertised a few weeks ago), is still missing from their website

It's still on sale through Hoseasons, though looking at availability, it looks like it is wide open apart from one week in May. 
https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/white-heron-bh2728

Edited to add - just found the Broom page on their own site Malcolm. Looks like there's a link mistake on their navigation menu:
https://www.broomboats.com/holidays/captain-white-heron/

1 hour ago, DAVIDH said:

It's still on sale through Hoseasons, though looking at availability, it looks like it is wide open apart from one week in May. 
https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/white-heron-bh2728

Broom might have to update their general information on the Hoseasons website.  Spot the deliberate error:

AEEB4328-C144-4ECC-9AA5-9A6CD5CE5635.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

As to that Boat name White Heron we all be be had like a skipper for that Boat but if there are Four Adults Only and Paying £400 Each for the week that should cover the cost of the Boat.

Very true,however a friend  of mine is going to Spain next week for two weeks,costing £266 each.This is where UK will need to compete. If not staying at home (staycation).Will perhaps be a thing of the past.

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

The cynic in me says ‘how much?’  I can’t imagine that they'd be cheap, given their current price for diesel.  Having bought the pub, they already have a coffee/snack bar on site where they had evening entertainment one day last week and another planned for 18th May, boat, water lodge, dayboat and bike hire, they’re clearly going for market domination in Brundall.

Interestingly, White Heron ( the super luxury 2 berth boat they advertised a few weeks ago), is still missing from their website.

Somebody is buying their diesel!

431D095B-440D-445E-BDAE-2E3DDF5436E0.png

Just heard from somebody with inside knowledge that even long standing buyers of red for boats now have to obtain a letter from HMRC stating that they are eligible to receive red and then forward a copy to the fuel supplier before a tanker will be despatched which may have caught some out.

Diesel forklifts and building site vehicles now have to have the fuel tanks flushed to remove the dye and use white diesel.

9 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Meethinks someone needs to come up with an additive that un-colours the red dye ...

Cat litter (Fullers' earth)  - I was told when i was a Cussie, but that's a long way behind me now.😉

The dye is the easier bit, there is also a chemical marker added to red, heating oil has yellow dye and a different chemical marker added.

The dye is just for easy roadside testing, you can bet they do a full analysis before prosecuting and check for both.

44 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

At the price Broom are charging for their diesel, it’d be better to buy white diesel in a couple of jerrycans and use that.  £2.35 per litre is really taking the **ss.

Yes, I'd heard it was £2.35 at Broom, how do they arrive at that? I filled my car at Sainsbury's this morning with white diesel at £1.79 and the boat with diesel at Boulter's on Tuesday this week at £1.55 which is a difference to Broom of £3.64 per gallon. With their hire fleet as well, I would have thought Broom's purchasing power was higher that Boulter's. Well done Sonny Boulter.