Cancer And Me.

17 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sadly I've had a number of problems with the just giving page.Ive tried to resolve the problem,without  success. So please  don't attempt  to donate  to my just giving page.I will soon close  this page.

Why is your page not working? Do Macmillian not have donation pages for this? Message me.

Save me some cake too although you may need to deliver it too, obviously I'll donate.

10 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Why is your page not working? Do Macmillian not have donation pages for this? Message me.

Save me some cake too although you may need to deliver it too, obviously I'll donate.

I signed up to the coffee morning. They sent me a pack.They don't have there own donation page.You have to use just giving. I tried on laptop and mobile. Thought it was working.Even donated  £50, received  by Macmillian,yet not on what I thought  was my page.The annoying  thing was/is, I could speak  to Macmillian,but not to Just giving. With them you could only message  them.I sent many messages,most of which they never answered  So after  all this week I have pulled out. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Consultant  phoned this afternoon.  Nearly  three hours later then planned.The results  from my MRI,show the tumors  in my head are not getting  larger,my lungs are good.So no further  treatment. Just further  follow  up scans.Next one October. So good news.

• Like 22

encourage incou

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Glad to hear your news Ian. Looking forward to hearing more about you adventures on your boat. I continue to admire your positive attitude on whatever life throws at you.

Thanks I always  try to stay positive. I think that helps with the Cancer. I refuse to let Cancer get the better of me.I encourage others to stay positive. With Cancer its Important  to live life to the full, however long or short that is.

• Like 5

It's no picnic,but as I said remaining  positive I think helps.I have been lucky the three Cancers have all been at a early  stage.Oddly the thing that worries  me the most.Is my COPD.Im still on steroids  and will be for the next two and a half weeks. I'm still better off then many.

I've said many times if you don't feel right,get  yourself  checked.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Today I should  have had a coffee morning  at home in aid of Macmillan. Sadly I cancelled  last month. Had a problem  with the tec So I hope to have better  luck next year.Perhaps Alan can help I have managed  to donated £50.plus again recently  I've not been well

Macmillan  nurses  have given Marina  and myself,lots of support, and the help and support  line has been very useful. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Sorry hear you’re not feeling your best Ian. 
I was on a walk round from Ludham Bridge to Horning this morning and a man standing at the end of his drive along Lower Street was coralling folk into their macmillan coffee morning. So I’ve had tea and ginger cake and very nice it was too, accompanied by lots of friendly chat. 

• Like 7