Lads Week

JamesLV

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

We are fully booked / crewed up with three Jewels and 'B.A' - 24 of us and three if not four dogs.  Sadly nowadays it's more a case of 'Lock up your Mums / Granny's ' bring oxygen, smelling salts or better still a stretcher!

Griff

How long before it gets renamed "Grandads' Week"   ......no, once a lad, always a lad.

• Like 1

There are indeed a fair few Grandads amongst the crew, me being one twice over now.

Remind me nearer the time for an itinerary  we do indeed go South at the beginning of the week, this year it will be the turn of the Waveney to host us as last years jaunt was the Mighty Yare.  We usually return to the Northerns about Wednesday-ish

Griff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

The dress code is only used for the final night on the Friday during our 'Dining Out' night.   Last year it was indeed 70's hippie outfits.

This year it is to be Priests apparently, no vicars or tarts I have been informed

Griff

Reminds me of a time many years ago when all the office staff dressed up for Christmas Eve, the theme being Robin Hood. One guy hired a monk’s habit, complete with sandals, and he really did look a good Friar Tuck. Mid morning he decided to do a bun run to the bakers opposite. The traffic was heavy but, as he stood on the pavement waiting for a gap, all vehicles stopped and allowed him to cross. As he crossed the road he steepled his hands as if in prayer and bowed his head to each driver. Sadly he didn’t get the buns free of charge! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

The dress code is only used for the final night on the Friday during our 'Dining Out' night.   Last year it was indeed 70's hippie outfits.

This year it is to be Priests apparently, no vicars or tarts I have been informed

Griff

I prefer to dress up as a tart.

Nothing to do with fancy dress I just like it :default_smiley-angelic002:

Unfortunately I have a speaking engagement (no honestly I really do) in Hamburg Monday through Thursday of that week. It's a fun jolly, I get to talk for an hour, do a bit of a panel discussion and the organisers pay for me in an Hotel for three nights and I get to go to three conferences for free. Do not know why I didn't do more of this earlier in my career.

So sadly mate we will not be joining you this time, rabbit stew not withstanding, or venison sausages either... Boy were they good. (the sausages)

M

4 hours ago, Malanka said:

Unfortunately I have a speaking engagement (no honestly I really do) in Hamburg Monday through Thursday of that week.

Where in Hamburg?

So sadly mate we will not be joining you this time, rabbit stew not withstanding, or venison sausages either.

You are more likely to get Labskaus...

1 hour ago, Malanka said:

Now you may look me up. I don’t mind I’m on google. Lol 

M

I'm going to be on Google soon...just as soon as NASA can send up another satellite to take pictures of the other side of my stomach!

• Haha 2

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:39, BroadAmbition said:

This year it is to be Priests apparently, no vicars or tarts 

Griff

Is this so that all you your sins can be forgiven in one night, or would you need longer for that.:default_biggrin: