At Long Last I'm Home.

Chelsea14Ian

I came home by Ambulance, getting  home 16.45.I can't  thank everyone  at Guys enough. And I mean everyone. Doctors, nurses, porters,cleaners,catering  staff etc.My operation was a major one and I was not in good shape for three days,very tried and even with a cocktail  of drugs in pain.Thankfully the last three days have been much better.I came off oxygen completely today and they are happy with my stats,which were low regarding,Salt levels,blood pressure and oxygen. Game plan now is to build up my fitness, which will help up my breathing. Stall don't know if it is Cancer, due to go to the clinic  next week.Back I think to Queen  Elizabeth hospital  Woolwich. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Wishing you well with the recovery Ian. I’m sure it will be a slow process, but building up your fitness sounds very positive. It’s good that the NHS now realises that’s a really important part of getting better. It’s not that many yearS ago when they just discharged people without thinking about that aspect.

Helen

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Wishing you well with the recovery Ian. I’m sure it will be a slow process, but building up your fitness sounds very positive. It’s good that the NHS now realises that’s a really important part of getting better. It’s not that many yearS ago when they just discharged people without thinking about that aspect.

Helen

I was told my stay would  be between 3 and 5 days.I was there for 7.They checked all my stats. The one still low yesterday  was my oxygen  levels, but this morning, they got me walking including  up and down two flights of stairs. Won't  be able  to mix with anyone  for about  two weeks.Can do some walking  close by because  never many people  around. 

• Like 2

Ian, take no notice of Helen and all this fitness malarky, crack open the wine and have a glass or two :default_biggrin: (just kidding Helen)

Seriously though I'm so pleased you're home, you do as Marina and the Doctors tell you and you'll be right as rain in no time. All the best for a speedy recovery 

Best wishes to you both :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What was truly  uplifting  in hospital, was how everyone was so positive. All of us had life threatening surgery, many more serious  then mine.Yet we all looked out for one another, encouraging, supporting and caring for one another. If someone was in pain,we would  speak  to nurses if they weren't  around. Not one person was downcast. Would  have been easy to do so.But no we all had a great supporting unit.We all took the mick out of one another, including the staff.All done in a light hearted way.

Since late spring  I've been to seven hospitals,all very caring. My advice if you have a condition that's not normal, please get it checked,it won't  go away.Hospitals are very caring and safe now.

• Like 6

Was good,but after  seven days in hospital, getting  home was the best.Will have follow ups at Woolwich in 10 to 14 days.Then Guys in four to six weeks.Hopefully wont need more treatment, but I'm  prepared for further treatment and if necessary more operations.I won't  let this get the better of me.

• Like 4