Lockdown Winterisation

Cheesey69

42 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Have we heard it is going to be a 4 week lockdown - and in what sense,   just no pubs , clubs etc,  what about holidays?

Presumably it will be like it was March - July this year although schools will still be open. I think we just have to wait and see what transpires on Monday. 

• Like 1

We made the decision at 6.00am today to get to the boat to winterise after seeing the news. 

Seems others in the marina may have had the same idea as the carpark was really filling up this morning and now it’s nearly empty again.  We’ve made a list of what we need to do in the morning to winterise then will go home tomorrow. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I find it very frustrating the way the BBC is drip-feeding the information that the PM is supposedly going to announce at the press conference - whenever that is. 4pm, 5pm, 6pm and now 6.30pm. 

Agreed. Their correspondent also seems to have to be explaining why they are effectively leaking this out. Sounds like Boris wanted to wait and make announcements to Parliament on Monday but the media started this circus again this morning! Shame on them!

• Like 6

The media has once again added to the uncertainty, they feel the need to announce the leaks way before the government make an announcement.

It was supposed to happen on Monday but the media decided to set their own timetable, hence the government has had to accelerate the announcement.

Shameful of these egotistical media peacocks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Who do people think is leaking the information? It is this governments usual ploy to drip feed what is happening, that way it softens the blow when all is revealed. Don't blame the journalists, they can only report what they are given!

Most of what we are now being told was predictable  / predicted, several weeks ago. The government did not act, and as  back in the Spring, it is now  too little too  late. Incompetence comes to mind.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The precise wording of the new legislation includes amongst reasons to list leaving the home as matters of safety , in their usual confusing way it is unclear as to if it is personal safety or safety of property.

If it is to make safe and winterise your boat , surely that is also work that cannot be done from home as such and provided it is not used as an excuse to have a day or so holiday I cannot see how they can not permit it.

As always it is down to how the rules are interpreted , and if they are unclear (which IMHO) they are then the winterising of boats is permitted. 

What fun, we are just waking up for an unscheduled drive up to winterise the boat..

Seems a easy decision really.. today or the 5th december assuming the virus will magically reduce in a month and it will only be a month long lockdown!! (pray for bloody june again!)

I doubt the BA will magically have anything additional to say, they will need to read through lots of rushed and contradictory laws/advice and cover themselves by saying "stay away"..

Sadly our boats our problem... personally i don't fancy trying to justify in court next summer that driving 120 miles during a lockdown to winterise my boat was essential so yup norfolk for an hour here we come!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

And therein lies the problem.

Common and sense are definitely the problem ,  sense with some is not so common in fact I dont believe half of them have a brain, hence the situation we find ourselves in today.   Self Self  Self,  got to have their nails done, got to go to the nightclub, got to get p.ssed up , and got to gather in groups , because they are not like the elderly , they wont get it.  Well thanks a bunch to you lot of morons.

• Like 1