Norfolk Now In Tier 4

ChrisB

33 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

What can one say?

Anything one likes but it's probably pertinent to say nothing.

Maybe worth a thought: 691 deaths today. I wonder what is the average number of people grieving for each death announced?

How many deaths tomorrow, Christmas Eve?

How many deaths will be announced for Christmas day?

A lot of people grieving over this Christmas then remembering on the anniversary every future Christmas.

I for one won't be phoning the BBC to get on tv to moan I can't go to the gym.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Yes , East Anglia has been put into tier 4 from 00:01 on 26/12/2020 which sadly means we and others will not be able to be afloat ( no unnecessary travel being the key phrase).

But lets keep things in perspective , being unable to spend a few days and nights afloat is a small price to pay to help stem the relentless spread of this awful virus and hopefully save a few lives.

Stay safe , wear your masks , wash your hands regularly, keep your distance from others not in your household and please don’t travel unless it is essential .

• Like 14

i think one important message that the government have clarified is the question of travel, the guidance has been revised to specifically limit travel to within your tier area and local.

Travelling within a Tier 4 area

If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (e.g. for work or education purposes). If you need to travel you should stay local - meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live - and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.

this clarification puts paid to those arguments we previously heard over how far one could travel to use your boat for the day.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (e.g. for work or education purposes). If you need to travel you should stay local - meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live - and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.

this clarification puts paid to those arguments we previously heard over how far one could travel to use your boat for the day.

Belter of a statement that one.  Surely this alone should put paid to those selfish idiots that try and find loopholes / excuses to bend the rules.  As far as I'm concerned, those that run the risk of ignoring the guidance and increasing the infection rate, can also therefore run the risk of being reported immediately 

Griff

• Like 12

Fully agree,however tonight some asked why  they were travelling from Kings Cross.One woman replied Its been a bad year and I want to go home for my mental  health. So of course the rest of us have had a good year.That said there were very few travelling.

Theres no doubt Covid has had an affect on lots of peoples mental health, but I think some people will use that as an excuse. 

• Like 3

I wish people would just accept we have to stay home, not travel or use the gym etc. How else will this ruddy virus be contained. The heart wrenching stories on the news every night is quite enough to convince me not to break the rules

I know one thing for certain though, I have no problem not being able to go to the gym  :default_biggrin: x

:default_xmas6:

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, grendel said:

Clarification? I thought tier 4 in any part of England only came in last weekend? The restrictions back in November related to the whole country and a different set of legislation, whilst the three tier system was paused in favour of national restrictions. 

The first National lockdown in March was different to the November National set of restrictions, and now again the new tier 4 is different to the November set of National restrictions. In case your still unsure communal worship is still allowed in tier 4 one of the differences compared to the November National restrictions.  

No clarifications needed for those that follow the rules in force at the time in question. Off course there will still be those that cannot see the difference and there will be those who will not follow the rules in place at the moment in time no matter what. There will also still be those who want to accuse others of bending the rules even if they haven't, C'est 'a vie. 

50 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Belter of a statement that one.  Surely this alone should put paid to those selfish idiots that try and find loopholes / excuses to bend the rules.  As far as I'm concerned, those that run the risk of ignoring the guidance and increasing the infection rate, can also therefore run the risk of being reported immediately 

Griff

Good luck with that. 
police stated, backed up by mrs pritel, they won’t be knocking on doors unless there is a house party. 
Traffic police won’t be stopping people and checking only as part of routine stops. 
so it’s down social pressure and doing the right thing. 
And if the public decide to follow the rules 

Just a lighter note and clarification around going to the gym:

I sort of lied. When I said I wouldn't be phoning the BBC ... it was symbolic and still stands.

But I'm still in tier 3 and the local gym is still open so na na ne na nah!

However, you would never catch me in a gym unless it was to do a survey for a CAD drawing. Firing a laser accross the place would be me straining myself thanks. Why people pay out good money to go and run on a stationary machine whilst looking out accross a landscape where they could be running for free is totally beyond my comprehension. And they destroyed part of the environment in so many ways to build the place!:default_hiding:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Taken from the BA Facebook Page

Norfolk and Suffolk in Tier 4 from 26 December

From 26 December, Norfolk and Suffolk will be placed into tier 4, the highest level of restrictions.

In tier 4, it is essential travel only - travel on waterways and overnight stays are only permitted where the boat is your permanent residence or it is necessary for work, education or similar reasons. You should stay local where possible and not travel outside of a tier 4 area.

Travel to maintain your boat is not permitted in tier 4.

Canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, sailing, angling and other exercise is permitted in tier 4 subject to social contact rules. Outdoor recreation or exercise should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space).

Read more on our website: https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/.../coronavirus-covid-19

Andy T Marmalade

1 minute ago, Cheesey69 said:

Good luck with that. 
police stated, backed up by mrs pritel, they won’t be knocking on doors unless there is a house party. 
Traffic police won’t be stopping people and checking only as part of routine stops. 
so it’s down social pressure and doing the right thing. 
And if the public decide to follow the rules 

It is also worth pointing out that the government hasn't had a vote on tier 4 guidance and I don't believe it is anything more than that at present. I will still be staying at home, apart from the occasional walk in my local area. I shall not be bending the rules. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

I wish people would just accept we have to stay home, not travel or use the gym etc. How else will this ruddy virus be contained. The heart wrenching stories on the news every night is quite enough to convince me not to break the rules

I know one thing for certain though, I have no problem not being able to go to the gym  :default_biggrin: x

Gracie, I know lots for Fred's,David's.But dont know any Jim's 

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

Couldn't decide whether to give this a thumbs up or a ho ho but gave it a ho ho ho in the end. Spot on as always Grace - sit back and have a glass of wine :default_drink_2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Very true Paul.Think the idiots  that breck  the rules  should  visit, ICUs to see the affect  this virus has on people. 

They also need to consider the effect on NHS staff, many whom are working seven days on the trot, working through their holidays and days off and working extended shifts, covering for staff who have caught Covid 19 or are in isolation. As one NHS person told me, working until it hurts. 

• Like 2

are these tiers, including tier 4 backed by legislation, or will we see the same debate that we had for the November lock down where "guidance" and "legislation" were very different leaving countless loopholes options for those morons people who decide that the rules don't apply to them to drive twenty miles to take their recreation, shop etc?

6 hours ago, Paul said:

are these tiers, including tier 4 backed by legislation, or will we see the same debate that we had for the November lock down where "guidance" and "legislation" were very different leaving countless loopholes options for those morons people who decide that the rules don't apply to them to drive twenty miles to take their recreation, shop etc?

Since I've already stated on another thread that I drove for 25 miles to visit open countryside to take a socially distant walk with very few other people around I shall assume I'm one of the "morons" you refer to. Fortunately I have a thick skin and more importantly a clear conscience and I'm not a hypocrite. I'm not saying you are Paul, but a few people who have replied emotively to this thread need to take a long hard look at some of their actions over the past couple of months / weeks and the activities they have posted about on other threads. 

To answer your question, the tier system is backed up by legislation and this has been amended without a vote in parliament to include the new tier 4 legislation. We are treading a very dangerous path in our "democracy". As before the legislation is quite different to the guidance and as the advice on the government website states; The law is what you must do. The guidance might be a mixture of what you must do and what you should do.

Despite some thinking that the rules have been clarified, the rules or guidance are pretty much the same as the previous guidance, and the legislation is pretty much the same as the previous legislation for the November National restrictions. I won't bore you with the details but the legislation can be found here

As before it provides some legal exceptions to staying home and it doesn't provide distance limits in law on how far you can travel for those legal exceptions. I'm not bending the rules, or seeking loopholes in the law, just reading the legislation as it is written.

I'll tell you something though, I wouldn't for one minute contemplate some of the activities that others on this thread have very publicly posted about previously, even if some of them were legal, and in one case probably not. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paul said:

I thought Homo Sapiens were supposed to be the dominant intelligent species on this planet yet many seem unable to understand a simple instruction issued for the good of all without demanding someone wields a big stick, if anyone needs the current requirements explained or legislated on then there is no point explaining it as they obviously dont have the intelligence to comprehend.

Fred