About Time That I Joined.....

bucket

Morning all........I am new as a contributer but have followed this forum for a while, learning loads along the way. Although new to NBN, I first hired on the Broads in 1981 (I know.....last century)......and loved it! I returned as a hirer every year with my children for over 20 years until last year when I embarked upon syndicate boating......one of the best things I have ever done.

Anyway, enough about me for now, and blimey there is so much going on at the moment and much of it isn't good. But also, as the days lengthen and the mercury slowly rises....for those of us who are fortunate enough to have discovered the magic of boating and the Broads, a new season of adventures is upon us, with so much to look forward to.

And thank the lord for that!!

ps.....thank you for having me!

• Like 8

I sometimes think that with all the outrage over this that and everything, that the beauty, serenity tranquility and peace that can be got cruising the broads and mooring up gets lost, its still there, the rivers broads and wildlife is still there just waiting to be enjoyed.

• Like 3

Filey - Love the place. been many times, its just a short hop from Donny, my Mighty Tiger loves a ride out to Filey.  Hoping to go with MrsG this year in the Z3 assuming Purdey will manage in passenger footwell

Reighton Sands?  When I was a young un (Yes it was a while ago now) My Dad had a couple of caravans he used to rent out at Reighton Gap holiday park - Happy memories, I really need to visit the place again soon

Griff

• Like 1

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Griff?....you are quite right, my granny had a caravan at Reighton Gap in the 60's, it was a caravan camp back then, they started calling them holiday parks some years later.

Broads01, I am very pleased to be a member of Blue Mist syndicate. She is a lovely Aquafibre 38 Pearl, based, as are quite a few of the syndicate boats, at Horning Pleasurecraft. There are many on here who are better placed to advise than me (just 11 months into shared ownership) but my experience so far has been everything I could have expected.....and my fellow syndicate members are a delight!

I researched long and hard (there were a few boats with shares for sale.....as there are now) before applying to be considered to join our syndicate.....there was/is a very good thread on NBN from 2018 which I found really helpful.......I have just revisited it before posting......all is still relevant.

• Like 1