Places To Eat On The Northern Broads

jezhickling

Ok, that's 19 recommendations so far ... how long have you got?! :default_rofl:

If you're staying for 7 days and you want breakfast, lunch, and dinner out you need two more ... how about the Fur and Feather at Salhouse and the Staithe and Willow at Horning ...

I'm sure someone will be along with a few more in a minute ... :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

Another vote for The Lion at Thurne and The Swan at Stalham. I'd also add Dune's River Cafe at Acle and Indian Spoon at Hoveton.

I'd be interested to know a bit more about Bridge Restaurant at Wroxham. When we were last there in 2021 it was called The Liberty and we enjoyed it. Has it changed much (apart from renaming to the most unimaginative name I could think of)?

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I'd be interested to know a bit more about Bridge Restaurant at Wroxham. When we were last there in 2021 it was called The Liberty and we enjoyed it. Has it changed much (apart from renaming to the most unimaginative name I could think of)?

I’m not sure why they changed the name unless they thought that Liberty wasn’t the right image in the end. After all it’s not American food and maybe that’s what the name implies. Did it change hands at some point?

I thought they retained Liberty for the upstairs events area. But there’s no indication of that on their website. 

All of the above especially The Bridge Inn, Acle

I would like to add The Kings Head Wroxham, never had a bad meal there, also stayed in their rooms which were comfy and right by the river too. The garden is great for having a drink and watching the boats come and go. Nothing to dislike really

• Like 3

I know I’m going against the grain here, but we’ve rather gone off The Bridge Inn at Acle. We’ve never had a bad experience there, the food is generally good quality and the service efficient and friendly. It’s just that I find the menu rather boring. If you are looking for good quality regular pub food you can’t beat it, if you’d like a choice between pubby food and something a bit more imaginative, then I’d recommend The White Horses (Neatishead and Upton) and The Lion at Thurne.

We also like The Cross Keys, Dilham and the carvery at The King’s Arms, Ludham.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

The 2 pubs in Salhouse (Lodge and Stag) are another level in quality from most broadland pubs. Make sure you book even midweek as they are fully booked 7 days.

John 

When we visited the Stag and asked to see the menu at 14.20hrs I was told it was too late to order as the kitchen was running down. We went from there to the Salhouse Lodge and found they open for food from 12.00 to 20.30 Mon to Sat and 12.00 to 19.30 on Sundays. As you say the level of quality was excellent, as was the service.

1 hour ago, LizG said:

No one has mentioned Flavours in Horning! Hours a bit haphazard but gaining a reputation for being a bit different 

Liz do you know where you can park to visit Flavours please? Can you use Ferry Marina’s car park?