Boat Fire At Sutton

SwanR

Taken from the Norfolk Fire Service live incident website. I heard a number of sirens this morning which are probably explained by this. I daresay more information may come out via local news. 

Appliances from Stalham, Wroxham, Carrow and Gt Yarmouth attended a boat fire fire at Sutton. Crews used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. A drone was used to check for hot spots. The stop message was received at 09:09.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just seen a bit of a video of the sunken boat and I’m not convinced it is blocking the navigation completely. I think it is the little boat that has been moored right at the downstream end of the moorings for some while but not actually on the public moorings. Hopefully the Sutton businesses will not be too affected. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

I really shouldn't need to say this but it appears I do.

Sadly, it would seem so.

I haven't posted anything since the end of July, due to a week in hospital followed by recovery at home, although I have been reading the forum regularly.  Frankly, I am glad not to have been involved in some of the discussions that there have been about sunken boats and other incidents, which have amounted to little better than ambulance chasing.  Either that, or casually presuming to tell Clive Richardson how to run a boatyard!

The forum has changed in recent months and I fear it is still changing.  That change, of course, is driven from within, by certain of its membership.

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Sadly, it would seem so.

I haven't posted anything since the end of July, due to a week in hospital followed by recovery at home, although I have been reading the forum regularly.  Frankly, I am glad not to have been involved in some of the discussions that there have been about sunken boats and other incidents, which have amounted to little better than ambulance chasing.  Either that, or casually presuming to tell Clive Richardson how to run a boatyard!

The forum has changed in recent months and I fear it is still changing.  That change, of course, is driven from within, by certain of its membership.

It is good to hear from you Vaughan and I wish you all the best for your recovery!

In my opinion, this forum is a better place for having you in it.......and long may that continue!!

• Like 18
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, bucket said:

It is good to hear from you Vaughan and I wish you all the best for your recovery!

In my opinion, this forum is a better place for having you in it.......and long may that continue!!

Ditto!

Dear Vaughan, I wish you all the best too, hope you are feeling better and on the road to recovery

Grace x

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, bucket said:

Here, here, please keep on contributing Vaughan.

• Like 2

If you live on your boat and it catches fire you haven't just llost your boat but your home as well, and more than likely all your possessions apart from the clothes you are wearing. 

It's worth taking five minutes to ponder how you would be feeling now  before jumping to conclusions or reaching for the keyboard. 

• Like 12