Another season gone.... what's planned for the next one?

Dan

Whatho Everyone

Well, after another year of messing about on the river passes and I've had all my holidays for this year I am now keen for the next one to hurry along and get started!

Come on then... what's everyone got booked, and has anyone had their new Hoseasons brochure yet?!

Dan

After a token early week this year on Silver Harmony, we return in July for a full fortnight on Silver Symphony. Bliss! No rush, no airport, no flight delays and no jet lag. Just hope the British weather is better in 2013!

Fred

P.s. Booked direct. The only need of a brochure these days is to put it away for 30 years and then sell it on eBay at an extortionate price!

I might borrow a clients Hampton for a afternoons chug up/down the river sometime next year!

FOC i assume , not for hire or reward?? :norty:

As for holidays planned, I have just got together with some saily types and bought a River cruiser which means a few weekends on the water with racing and 'apres-sail' :dance

also hope to finish Broadsventure so the family can come with us instead of her being just a support/party boat...

I've still got a weekend planned in November, and then New Year's Eve afloat for this year.

Wedding plans for next year have taken priority over holidays at the moment, but we are honeymooning afloat on the Caledonian Canal aboard the Lord of the Glens cruise "ship" for a week, so that should be different!

Hello Mark,

The Caledonian Canal is great, sadly it was 30 + years ago when we went, four adults and a baby in a 25ft cruiser.

We could not go on the full length of the canal because the lock had collapsed at Laggon.

Julia Bradury featured a walk on the Caledonian Canal recently and she spoke with the capain whilst the ship was going through one of the locks.

You will enjoy self even if the weather is not good, there are mixed reports on the ship and not that many, but if you go with an open mind you should be ok.

Regards

Alan

:wave hi all, ive gone &booked early for a change, got fed up of waiting for my sister, so not telling my sister yet, & ive decided to have a nice boat, so ive booked distant horizon, end of september, never had a dual steerer before GULP, i know one or two of you have had that boat, is it easy to switch from top drive to bottom & vice versa ? lori :Stinky

Hi Lori,

Not sure on that boat, but on ours all you have to do is alter one mechanical control. Just make sure the morse contol is always in neutral before switching. The boatyard should give you plenty of advice re the operation.

If you get sunny (well lets say dry) weather you can not beat being in the fresh air and being able to see beyond the reeds.

Regards

Alan

Hello Mark,

The Caledonian Canal is great, sadly it was 30 + years ago when we went, four adults and a baby in a 25ft cruiser.

We could not go on the full length of the canal because the lock had collapsed at Laggon.

Julia Bradury featured a walk on the Caledonian Canal recently and she spoke with the capain whilst the ship was going through one of the locks.

You will enjoy self even if the weather is not good, there are mixed reports on the ship and not that many, but if you go with an open mind you should be ok.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Yes we saw that program. We also saw the boat in the flesh a couple of years ago as it was passing through Fort Augustus and thought to ourselves it looked lovely. The reviews we read that were not entirely complimentary seemed to revolve around the small cabins, but then they were no used to a Sealine 350 and were probably our slightly larger American cousins. :naughty:

Having seens Perry's holiday vessel though, maybe we should have gone to Florida instead :mrgreen: