Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

• 3 months later...

Friday 7th Feb 2020

So, after stepping onboard late afternoon today,Β first job was to turn on the heating as well as the 240v ceramic fan heater.Β 

Nobody has been onboard overnight since the Lads Week back in October Β nearly 4 x months, probably an unwanted record Β 

I was pleasantly surprised, not too much mouldy surfaces and moderate dust Β of course if one listened to MrsG β€˜B.A’ wasΒ filthy and unliveable.

A visit to Tesco’s we needed some Dettol mould n mildew remover, probably the only cleaning agent known to Man we didn’t have onboard.

Immersion heater on and we got stuck in, Β every bulkhead, surface and deckhead got a bolloxing. Β The galley, aft passageway (Watch it!) double cabin, double cabin and wheelhouse completed Β gear onboard, stowed. Β Tomorrow will see upΒ fwd and topsides completed before we sail into a howling gale.

Friday evenings for us at home is traditionally Fish n chips from our local Β chipole, tonight would be no different, Β off to Stalham chippy in t car. Β Ordered = no wallet, dash back collect wallet (not at all embarrassing)Β 

Bl00dy hell, large fishΒ n chips with Β mushies, small fish n chips = Β£17:50 Β HOW MUCH?

Less than a tenner at home Β 

Anyroadup, here we sit getting nice n toastyΒ onboard, the heating will stay on 24 Hrs for now. Β TV on, a glass each MrsG knitting and drooling.

Earlier whilst driving on the NDR (is it still called that?) I pointed out those β€˜Bat’ gantries to MrsG Β she didn’t believe me one iota they were for bats.

So we had a bet of sorts Β I won of course after google confirmed.

So, β€˜Bat out of Hell, will be playing on β€˜B.A’s ICE on valentines night, really? Yes reallyΒ :default_icon_luvlove:Β MrsG - face like a bulldog licking p1ss off a nettle. Happy Days

More to follow

Griff

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Sat 8th Feb.

Morning,

just been outside the wetshed at the basin end looking out over Swan quay. Mug of rum with splash of coffee in hand

There’s not a breath of wind to be felt. The calm before the storm, literally.

Last night after the evening news, I put a dvd on, it was the RAF’s training film namely β€˜Battle of Britain’. Now MrsG was knitting (Third grandchild’ on the way) and I knew she would both not watch it Β nor understand the importance of it and how close we came to losing it

Well, surprise surprise, watched all of it, enjoyed it and β€˜Got it’’. Wonders never cease eh?

Griff

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Come on, let's be honest, would you ever buy a used car from someone like this? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.Β 

thats fine, by the time i have finished with a car theres not enough left to sell on to anyone, most get used as parts donor cars for the next one.

• Haha 3