Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

1 minute ago, BroadAmbition said:

Crewed up yesterday afternoon / evening. Stayed in wetshed due to strong winds and rain. Sailed at 1100 today after a FCE onboard. 

Ludham Bridge only 7ft 6” headroom so canopy down in the rain - marvellous. 

Attempted to berth at Ranworth but due to poor mooring form those alongside we failed (Annoyed)

Horning full, craft side on moored at New inn with the garden flooded

Now heading for Wroxham in the rain

Griff

Not sure if you plan on going thru the bridge, or how much you need, but was as low as 5ft9in earlier today.

What a palarva. 

Nearly got mysen proper tangled up there.  Went round the back of Barnes to the day boat dead end  No space. Couldn’t turn had to go astern all the way out. Next attempt was into Richo’s day boats for a look see, but this time stern first. No spaces. Got on the front of Barnes and within minutes nearly got side swiped by a passing Hireboat. Moved into Barnes cut opposite The Sail Loft. £15 overnight. side on. That’ll do us nicely. (It’s an extra £2:00 for electric)

However now discovered we can’t walk into the village as access road is flooded. Sigh

Griff

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

It’s the cut off the main river directly in front of Barnes Sail Loft. I’ll take a photo

Griff

Thank you Griff.  Very helpful. I didn’t know private boats could moor there. We used to have a berth at the private moorings opposite but havent been back into Wroxham since we moved thinking there would be nowhere to moor up for the night if we don't go under the bridge (which we havent tried yet as we are too scared lol) 

19 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I’m onboard

There's roughtie toughtie Northerners then there's roughtie toughtie Northerners :default_biggrin:

I've spent my day splashing around in freezing cold rivers on a Water Rescue Recertification and you're sat in the warm with your feet up?

You're giving us a bad name Griff :facepalm:

:default_xmas2:

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

So, just looked at the on line wx forecast here at Wroxham It states cloud and sunshine, dry 10mph breeze

Why there fore is it 10/10ths cloud, rain and 20mph winds?

Wild stab in the dark...your forecast was wrong?? :default_norty:

At 1635 today they departed the moorings at Ranworth Staithe, side swiping  ‘B.A’s port side as they left. Damaging the Oak strip over the intake vent grill in the process :default_smiley-angry047:typically they didn’t stop or come back to check either. Thank goodness I was onboard  

I have a witness in one of my crew and independent witness  contact details. 

I have rang the duty engineer at Ferry Marina asking him to make a note of my report and will ring their office in t morning. Not happy

Griff

53ACCA21-4E1F-46D0-B3BF-76CF4713EB98.jpeg

64CDFD78-9378-4119-993D-C5FB70241A61.jpeg

Edited by ranworthbreeze
Edited to remove name of boat TOC
  • Sad 3

That’s a shame, hope it gets sorted out, Ferry’ are a very good yard with first class boat builders who can make a perfect job of such repair I’m sure. Doesn’t make the hirers right though.

Back to your earlier post Mr Griffin I had to make passage from North Walsham to Sprowston yesterday, my normal scenic route via Hoveton&Wroxham was unnavigable in my wife’s Yaris from about Scottow on account of a hard bottomed lake fed by a field; was the confluence of the A1151 and the Bure navigable? The road outside the launderette used to flood at times like this.