Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

Plan 'A' was to spend Friday & Sat doing maintenance stuff then sail Sat, back home Sunday (Today).  However the original plan 'A' has gone astray somewhat as I'm now back home as of 2030 yesterday evening.

Bro', Robin & Pete O. arrived onboard Friday afternoon, I got onboard just after midnight. The crew departed Saturday mid afternoon which left me and Purdey dog onboard I could have sailed then for a wild mooring overnight on the Ant but it was constant rain / drizzle with no sign of it letting up.  So the fishing I was hankering after would not be happening (I gave up fishing in the rain years ago), Purdey would be confined to barracks too to avoid her getting soaked through, also it would mean drying off 'B.A' prior to arriving back at the wetshed Sunday morning.  Also I have an outstanding grouting job to complete on a clients en-suite today so I made the decision to leave for home yesterday instead of today.

Best made plans and all that - Hey Ho

Griff

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, Stuff it.

Onboard with Purdey dog from 0230 Wednesday through to Thursday 1700 

And - 

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I failed most miserably to get 'B.A' out of the wetshed yet AGAIN.  The last time I was behind the helm whilst underway was back in August.  I'll need a refresher course at this rate.   This is getting ridiculous

Griff

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Well, Stuff it.

Onboard with Purdey dog from 0230 Wednesday through to Thursday 1700 

And - 

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I failed most miserably to get 'B.A' out of the wetshed yet AGAIN.  The last time I was behind the helm whilst underway was back in August.  I'll need a refresher course at this rate.   This is getting ridiculous

Griff

Well if you didn't waste your time in a Spitfire.......

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

She’s doing great. Now 19 months old, not the complete article yet though 

Stern on at Ranworth.

How many boats here? Ten!  Didn’t expect that many  thought I’d be side on

Fortunately fellow boater took my stern lines

Cold outside so full complement of wheelhouse curtains up. Purdey dinner next, then of in t pub with her for mine

Griff

image.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Tuesday 8th March - Purdey dog padded through to the aft cabin and woke me up with gentle woofing at 0630 - Not best pleased.  Being a responsible dog owner I got half dressed to let her out, then immediately went back to bed.

Only to awake of my own accord at 0930 - What?  I never sleep in that late, plus there was a Golden Retriever fast asleep on the bed with me - That never happens at home either!

My original plan when leaving Donny was to do some fishing today prior to the close season arriving.  Due to circumstances detailed on our 'TLC' thread it didn't happen.  I sailed at around 1500 for a wild mooring on the Ant.  It was good to be afloat, been ages since I have got her out and moving.

My chosen wild mooring was available, it was a tad breezy with the wind coming of the bank so had to be quick smart getting the rhond anchors set and 'B.A' secured.  The temperature was dropping, so fired up the heater, tv aerial up and shut the doors for the evening

Griff

• Like 2

Wednesday 9th Mar

Up and about, took Purdey for a proper long walk.  Did a pre-AMP job which was my main reason for being onboard then sailed at around 1100 for the wetshed

Eventually departed for home arriving at 2230 ready for toiling at a Holiday Inn express the following morning.  So completed three days afloat.  Those maggots I purchased Monday afternoon? - I finally took the lid off the box and chucked the lot in the water for the resident wet shed fish population without having picked a rod up at all.  Best laid plans and all that - such is life being a boat owner

Griff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Arrived onboard at 2245, me n Howard. Slung a few personal items onboard. By 2300 we are both driving to Lake Lothing. We purely by chance ended up on the tail of our volunteer hero on the Acle straight!

All three vehicles arrived safely. Our hero then drove us back to the wetshed. We were onboard by 0030. This time kettle got put on. Then we got set to offloading gear and storing onboard numerous items out of our shore locker. Sailing night nav preps. It is now 0230, pointless going to a pit. We will sail in half an hour or so aiming to pass through the delightful Gya at around 1000 and onwards to Mutford lock

Griff

• Like 1

Sailed at 0245. 8ft 3” at Ludham Bridge. No river mist as of yet. I’m feeling cold and a tad weary. In just over 2 Hrs I’ll have been up for 24 Hrs. Getting too old for this kind of caper

How hill moorings we’re nigh on full  plenty at St Benets too

Griff

• Like 4