Broad Ambition - TLC Time Again

Wow you must be pleased with that lift. Keel support and no pinching the topsides. She looks good under there.

Let's hope she can be re launched without any issues . 

A bollocking for you now Griff Old Parge never slept sometimes in 48hours but I am suffering now. Get your head on the pillow and stop working all night the outcome will be more achieved. 

Kindest regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1

Yesterday we commenced work from 1200 - 1800. Then ashore for provisions and scran. I was in bed for 2100 and slept through to 0700  I had been on the go for 39 Hrs 

Feeling fine this morning

I have completed the hull survey and well relieved so far. Still to do the internal survey especially the aft ribs that’s this mornings task.  Howard is on with removing the toe rails and rubbing strips 

Griff

• Like 2

Now Broad Ambition  is  now in the Dry Shed with work :default_pcwhack: at hand to be done but let's hope in that time scale they have got all this Items on Griffs  list to be completed in that time and back to happy days of cruising  until Three Years time for that TLC time or longer once  again.

they never complete that list andrew, it grows as each item gets ticked off, however they will complete all those things on the list that need doing out of the water.

Griff dont snuggle up too close to Lovejoy, you dont want to be catching anything from there.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, grendel said:

they never complete that list andrew, it grows as each item gets ticked off, however they will complete all those things on the list that need doing out of the water.

Griff dont snuggle up too close to Lovejoy, you dont want to be catching anything from there.

Nothing to catch now. All the infectious bit are in the skip. 

We do have a template for the shaped bit on the pointy end which you can hire. And lots of Utile just in case you need more than expected. 

Having nothing better to be doing and a full tank of fuel I decided to volunteer a day and a half of effort, so headed up Saturday afternoon, yesterday we all got stuck in and all the rubbing rails and toe rails were removed, then it was on to the hard graft of sanding the hull. By tea time I was covered in white dust and looking like a ghost. Then it was time to get changed into clean clothes and head to weatherspoons for food.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, grendel said:

Having nothing better to be doing and a full tank of fuel I decided to volunteer a day and a half of effort, so headed up Saturday afternoon, yesterday we all got stuck in and all the rubbing rails and toe rails were removed, then it was on to the hard graft of sanding the hull. By tea time I was covered in white dust and looking like a ghost. Then it was time to get changed into clean clothes and head to weatherspoons for food.

Bloody hell Mr.G you're a glutten for self inflicted punishment, weatherspoons! :default_eusa_naughty:

There must be a proper pub somewhere.

P.S. Where do I apply for the advisory commitee? I like the sound of that job.

• Haha 3

breakfast at morrisons- not bad, roughly £4 a head, then down to work, becoming the grey ghost once again as sanding proceeded rough sanding done both sides, detailed sanding finished one side, feathering in the edges of the paint where the rubbing strakes had been.

1pm, departed for home, had a good run to kent arrived home 4pm, and asda had diesel so filled up again 333 miles, 32.85 litres, not much change out of £60.

• Like 3

i did have a whoops moment removing the transom rubbing strip, when i found that the transom was coming off with the strip, however this turned out to be beneficial as rot was found in that plank of the transom, so it had to come out anyway.

DSCN0325.JPG

DSCN0326.JPG

DSCN0327.JPG

DSCN0328.JPG

DSCN0329.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1