Broad Ambition - TLC Time Again

'B.A's forthcoming AMP out of the wet stuff - The planning is coming along nicely

Venue / Dates  -  Sorted

Varnish / Paint / Cosmetics order  -  Sorted

Timber Utile for rubbing strakes order - Sorted

Genuine 'New' Burmese teak for planks and rib replacement - Sorted

Holly and Teak decks order - In hand

Items list of issues to attend to, all Thirty Nine of em - Sorted

Hands on deck volunteers (Press ganged then) - In hand

Selling our grandmothers to pay for the above - Failed miserably

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Victoryv said:

We have a crack team (I think that's the term?) descending on Martham diy shed tomorrow, mission, to get Judith M shipshape and in the water.

That’s a shame I would have popped in but currently convalescing 165 miles away. Good luck guys can’t wait to see you afloat. 

'Person doing all the organising' - Project manager - That'll be me then as per the norm

Daily B'fast and Lunches are already organised for the team which the owner skippers will cover / take care of.  Evening scran and venues will be sorted out between the lot of us

There are now eight of us 'Signed Up' (Not all at the same time).  One of whom I have yet to meet, he is ex-RN, served 1978 - 2014 so we were in at the same time for some of those years, nowt unusual in that.  What is unusual is that he was a fully confirmed genuine Rear Admiral by the time he left (unlike the media armchair Admirals)

That puts him eleven ranks above my lowly level and only four behind 'The Boss' (HM Queen)!

Looking forward to meeting him, even more so when he asks me for a job to accomplish on our list - 

'Certainly Sir and thanks for asking, I've got just the job for you - Deep bilge cleaning' :default_norty:

For the first time since 1976, Griff gets to detail off a Rear Admiral into doing bilge cleaning :default_beerchug:  I might even photo /  film this inaugural rare event!

Griff

P.S - The maintenance items list now up to forty three

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Sailing from t wetshed to return, I have allocated twenty three days. Historically we have never achieved a 100% list ticked off. This AMP could be a first

Griff

What like "boat" and "finished" in the same sentence? Now you're just being silly!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

There are now eight of us 'Signed Up' (Not all at the same time).  One of whom I have yet to meet, he is ex-RN, served 1978 - 2014 so we were in at the same time for some of those years, nowt unusual in that.  What is unusual is that he was a fully confirmed genuine Rear Admiral by the time he left (unlike the media armchair Admirals)

That puts him eleven ranks above my lowly level and only four behind 'The Boss' (HM Queen)!

Looking forward to meeting him, even more so when he asks me for a job to accomplish on our list - 

'Certainly Sir and thanks for asking, I've got just the job for you - Deep bilge cleaning' :default_norty:

For the first time since 1976, Griff gets to detail off a Rear Admiral into doing bilge cleaning :default_beerchug:  I might even photo /  film this inaugural rare event!

Griff

P.S - The maintenance items list now up to forty three

I think that is just so cool to be able to tell a Rear Admiral what to do, and not be at risk of a Court Martial in the process :default_stinky:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Daily B'fast and Lunches are already organised for the team which the owner skippers will cover / take care of.  Evening scran and venues will be sorted out between the lot of us.

Just a quick reminder that the Seagull Café is not open on a Wednesday or Sunday. I am sure you have factored that in though :)

Bushells on Westwood Avenue do a good bacon roll for a Wednesday snack. 

• Thanks 1

Hi as to having Breakfast /Lunch/ evening meal? why can you bring in a Camping Stove and do the Freshly Bacon or Sausage Rolls/ Sandwich on the spot with a Mug of Tea or Coffee with a bit of Navy Rum in it as this saves you all don't have to go off site and get these Forty Five Jobs tick off. 

2 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi as to having Breakfast /Lunch/ evening meal? why can you bring in a Camping Stove and do the Freshly Bacon or Sausage Rolls/ Sandwich on the spot with a Mug of Tea or Coffee with a bit of Navy Rum in it as this saves you all don't have to go off site and get these Forty Five Jobs tick off. 

Everyone will be too busy working to cook   

• Like 1