Speed Tracker Apps

Moosey

Sailing Droid works very well on android or get Viewranger plus the local tiles or 1:25000 Broads National Park OS which I think costs about £12 for the mapping. You will then not only have speed but a plotter as well.

I must admit we have an old sat nav which we take on board that does the business!  I've only just got a phone that I can download apps onto anyway.

SueH

Hi Sue,

We have done that, but she who must be obeyed (no not Tan) the voice on the sat nav, gets very upset when we wont turn left or right off of the river. It does however give you the correct MPH.

Regards

Alan

I have used various apps on my phone and they all work pretty well, BUT I find that they add to the battery drain. (I always find this worse on the broads where the device is searching for cell towers all the time!) Anyhow, I bought a secondhand Garmin Etrex thing from Ebay @£25 and that worked a treat!