Bucket List

40 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

My bucket list.

1. Buy bucket.

2. Put list in bucket.

3. Empty bucket in bin.

4. Try to find somewhere to keep bucket.

5. Throw bucket in same bin list was thrown in.

:-)

Something that won't be on my list is to be a grumpy old man! :3_grin:

To fly on Concorde - ticked

To see Montserrat Caballe live - ticked

To see "The Big Five" in their natural habitat - ticked

To watch Liverpool lift the Champions League - ticked

To see Madame Butterfly at Arena di Verona - pending

To own a Range Rover - under review

I was lucky that my work in the travel industry afforded me the opportunity to fly on Concorde twice, and also to safari in various parts of Africa on a number of occasions. It also allowed me to pull some very considerable strings to make it to Istanbul in 2005 for what surely rates as the greatest European Cup / Champions League final of all time when Liverpool overturned a 0-3 half time deficit to AC Milan, winning on penalties thanks largely to the heroics of Jerzy Dudek. I would love to have seen Montserrat Caballe performing a full opera, that never happened however I did see her in concert in Munich in 1990, indescribable! 

I doubt I will get to see Madame Butterfly (or anything else for that matter) at Verona. After thirty years travelling the world I have no desire to go overseas again. As for the Range Rover just about every one I know who ever owned one has had huge problems with them, though strangely this doesn't stop them buying another. I'm coming to the opinion that that is a carousel of pain I don't want to get on! 

28 minutes ago, Paul said:

... allowed me to pull some very considerable strings to make it to Istanbul in 2005 for what surely rates as the greatest European Cup / Champions League final of all time when Liverpool overturned a 0-3 half time deficit to AC Milan, winning on penalties thanks largely to the heroics of Jerzy Dudek.

As a football fan, and knowing the passion it involves, if you were there for that night there is nothing that could possibly compare. I hate* LFC but love what you did that night.

You are a very fortunate man.

* caveat attached, won't bother here.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

As for the Range Rover just about every one I know who ever owned one has had huge problems with them, though strangely this doesn't stop them buying another. I'm coming to the opinion that that is a carousel of pain I don't want to get on! 

Ive had two in the past,  both second hand and both had their problems, great feeling driving them though and they do seem to get in your blood. Would I buy another, probably if I hadn't spent the money on a boat.

bucket list for me, would be to spend 5 years continuous cruising around the Mediterranean visiting as many places as possible.

It was always our intention having secured a contract gardener to spend a summer in Ireland in order to drive the 2600km "Wild Atlantic Way" then return to the north by sailing from Killaloe to Belleek some 400km. But the attraction is not there anymore now that I am on my own.

On 29/03/2018 at 22:30, Ray said:

Always planned to retire early, move to a house on the coast and get a boat on the Norfolk Broads! And guess what? :default_biggrin:

:default_beerchug:

That is what I did,  thank The Lord. It gave us eight wonderful years before my wife's terminal cancer.

If I had plodded on towards 65, we would have had no retirement together.

• Like 6

My bucket list is to stay healthy and able to see my boys grow into young men, meet someone special, get married and be happy (not that anyone will ever be good enough Lol)

A nice little house in Norfolk with a mooring for my 38ft centre cockpit with lots of room for forum friends to chill and share some wine

Throw in my Firefighter and that's me pretty much sorted :default_wink:

Grace

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Haven't you just said i would never be good enough? :default_blink:

D'oh

10 hours ago, Gracie said:

My bucket list is to stay healthy and able to see my boys grow into young men, meet someone special, get married and be happy (not that anyone will ever be good enough Lol)

A nice little house in Norfolk with a mooring for my 38ft centre cockpit with lots of room for forum friends to chill and share some wine

Throw in my Firefighter and that's me pretty much sorted :default_wink:

Grace

Sorry gorgeous, idiot here misreading your beautiful post

:facepalm:

I've ticked off quite a few of mine already, I have been proper lucky.  To name but a few in no particular order:-       Got our own Broads Woody,    took her to sea with HMS Explorer,    Met the queen (Twice) and introduced my wife to her,      Saw ELO live in concert,      Got  'My' personalised registration plate,    Swam with wild dolphins (Twice),     Sat and chatted with an astronaut,     Had tea n biscuits with Prince Charles,      Own and ride a Triumph Tiger,    Became a Grandad (Twice),     Sailed around the Greek islands as a Skipper.  Achieved the gold standard in both down hill and X country skiing,    Regular game shoot.    There are t'others but that will do for now

I try to set realistic targets on the bucket list, next two are a fast taxi ride in that Lancaster bomber in Lincolnshire and a flight in that twin seater Spitfire.  To hit 25 straight at my local clay shooting ground on three disciplines,  DTL,   S k e e t  and sporting.  (Done it before but at other locations).  Go for a full six months between dental appts without any issues,      Have a weekend afloat onboard a Brooms Admiral,    Retire before I reach 65 and be able to afford it !

What else - Oh yes, world peace of course, and a weekend onboard 'B.A' with Kelly Brook - easy!

Griff

• Like 4

I have been very lucky I have owned a Ferrari Dino. a Porsche 911 SC an XJ12 two Range Rovers and numerous other forms of automotive transport. I have had a pub on the Broads, I have owned various boats on the Broads. I have been extraordinarily lucky in the friends I have made who have made boating still possible for me over the last few years. I have flown around the Broads in a 1947 piper cub high wing aircraft, and many other experiences. 

So my bucket list is quite  short as a result, I would like to  travel through Germany Switzerland down the French Rivera and down both Italian coasts in a proper GT Grand Tourer like a S1 / 2 Bentley continental Jensen Interceptor Aston Martin POW or some such.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, springsong said:

I have been very lucky I have owned a Ferrari Dino. a Porsche 911 SC an XJ12 two Range Rovers and numerous other forms of automotive transport. I have had a pub on the Broads, I have owned various boats on the Broads. I have been extraordinarily lucky in the friends I have made who have made boating still possible for me over the last few years. I have flown around the Broads in a 1947 piper cub high wing aircraft, and many other experiences. 

So my bucket list is quite  short as a result, I would like to  travel through Germany Switzerland down the French Rivera and down both Italian coasts in a proper GT Grand Tourer like a S1 / 2 Bentley continental Jensen Interceptor Aston Martin POW or some such.

The Dino 206/246 GT and GTS were imho the most beautiful of cars after the car that Enzo said was the most beautiful the MK1 3.8 E Type.