Car Talk

LondonRascal

The BMW R1150 engine also fits nicely into a Citroen 2CV! Giving a very useful increase in power from 29bhp to 84bhp, however some of the 2cv racers get nearer 100bhp out of the BMW unit.

IMG_30491494810609.jpg.7c2f440f35b8c1b095c2a45544677a6c.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ChrisB said:

The BMW R1150 engine also fits nicely into a Citroen 2CV! Giving a very useful increase in power from 29bhp to 84bhp, however some of the 2cv racers get nearer 100bhp out of the BMW unit.

My RT 1200 had 125 bhp and I believe the 1250 has even more. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Those wheels & tyres don’t look standard either, good job it’s not an ice rink they’re racing on!

Seems it's not just The Broads Authority that can be infuriating when dealing with those in authority.

Civil Servants do not understand their job description sometimes.  The clue is in the title - 'Servant' and they are supposed to serve us the customer / public are they not?

I've been trying (And failing) to put MrsG's private number plate on her new Q5.  I have the retention private plate document (Which annoyingly cost £80:00), the replacement V5 all to hand.  Try as I might on-line it just states - 'Cannot be completed' or some such waffle.

Nowt for it but to ring up DVLA.  That was a battle in itsen actually trying to get talking to a living person after many 'This service is closed until further notice due to covid restrictions', being put on hold, left in queues etc.  Well over hour n half in total

When I did finally manage to converse all I got told was one of the vehicles is being checked and you will have to send in the documents by post, they will then be returned to you so you can change the plates over, it will take about 2 - 3 weeks :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

What they are actually checking - I know not, neither do they it seems as they can't tell me, nor do they know which or even both vehicles are being checked  :default_2gunsfiring_v1:  What they can tell me is that they check back five years.

Our recently sold Focus is sixteen years old, we have owned it for the past fourteen years - so shouldn't be an issue there

The replacement Q5 is less than two n a half years old, we are the second owners so how can there be a problem there?  I paid for and had it checked for finance / stolen etc before we bought it so shouldn't be an issue there either

Sigh - I have sent off the forms in the snail mail and we will just have to wait it seems :default_badday:

Griff