I Have Now Got A Boat!

Meg

Well it has been an exciting time. I have bought an Alphacraft 29 Sports bridge, re named her Legacy because that's how I could afford her. A friend and I are still getting to grips with a thorough clean through and a bit of varnishing as well as making her dog safe. Chugged up and down a bit and practised mooring, peered at the engine checked the bilge pump and tried to look like I am an old hand! This Saturday  another friend and I are on a hire boat, Sonnet 3 from Barnes. We decided to still have this holiday as Legacy isn't quite kitted out for a week yet, so hope to get some waves as we cruise by "the hand type not like storm Doris last year, very choppy"! I will do photos later in the year.

• Like 18

No she wasn't that one but I get your point about the name! She's probably much older than that one with a slightly different configuration. Suits me though, hadn't got much to spend on a boat and as an "Old Un" not that many years to cruise. Not hoping to pop me clogs for a long while! but bones get stiff and hips and stuff, so a couple or three years will do nicely.

• Like 4

Congratulations.  We’ve owned Norfolk Lady for just over a month and my wallet is battered, bruised and feeling some pain already, but we knew there were some bits and pieces to sort out from the survey, so we’re not entirely surprised!

Having hired for so long and being over the moon last year when the opportunity of buying into a syndicate boat presented itself, despite the cost, I can’t stop grinning now we have a boat of our own.  I sincerely hope that you derive as much pleasure from your ‘Legacy’, as our Norfolk Lady is already bringing us.

Congratulations, I have very fond memories of the Alpha 29 Sport, my late wife and I had two wonderful Autumn holidays on Bridgecraft's "Sunrays" on the RGO hired from their base in Ely. 

5 minutes ago, Meg said:

Thank you everyone so pleased to be afloat. Someone will have to tell me how to upload photos." Its them megabites !" bothering me.  Is mobile phone best format.

Congratulations on the new boat:55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:

I use an image hosting site to post my pictures. In my case 'Flickr' but others are available.

Upload your image to hosting site then it's just a case of copying the BB code of the image and pasting code into your thread on here.

16 hours ago, Meg said:

No she wasn't that one but I get your point about the name! She's probably much older than that one with a slightly different configuration. Suits me though, hadn't got much to spend on a boat and as an "Old Un" not that many years to cruise. Not hoping to pop me clogs for a long while! but bones get stiff and hips and stuff, so a couple or three years will do nicely.

Love your positive attitude.    Well done on your new venture.     All the best to you,   may you have many many happy hours aboard.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 15:42, Meg said:

Don't worry that a a dodgy hip will curtail your agility on your new boat I had a new one fitted last year and it's brilliant no problems using the boat at all  unlike last year before it was replaced  using the boat was really hard .Congrats on your new purchase you'll soon begin to wonder what you did with your life before you had it and your money!!!)

Carole

• Like 1

Am I too late to say congratulations too Meg.

It's still a distant dream for me to own my own boat, though I am working on it, but I wish you nothing but luck and happiness on your new boat.

Needless to say if I see you coming in to moor, I'll be alongside to help make it easier for your "bones and hips" if you allow

All the best :default_smile:

Once again thank you everyone, I will certainly give Jayfire a shout if near when mooring. We have just had a week on Sonnet from Barnes as Legacy was not quite ready for stay aboard. Sometime soon though. I have always said "why cannot we have hot weather for our holiday". The hottest day we sat under a beech tree at Gays Staithe much to the amusement of the locals who had a comment or two about no stamina! Had a lovely time though and I must commend Barnes on their prompt response to a problem with the engine. If you were the boat I shouted at under Ludham bridge , sorry but my drive was playing up and I had no fine control which of course only manifested itself just there and then. Barnes arrived in minutes and sorted it out with no fuss despite us all perspiring like racehorses!

Photos of Legacy soon, I promise.

• Like 5

Nice to met you Maureen :) I hope you get Legacy soon and manage to get the photos uploaded! I don't blame you one bit for hiding, it must have reached way over 40dc in our wheelhouse on the thursday an friday.  

• Like 1