Stalham Staithe

garryn

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry but isn't this just moaning ? Has anyone reported it to BA ? And more to the point is it actually causing those posting any problem what so ever .

While I appreciate it Christmas and BA is likely closed for the next few days they are open just after before the new year , however I would hold back in reporting it if your not in a position to actually see it if indeed it's happening , as that causes BA to go on a wild goose chase , wasting rangers time when they could be doing other things .

Sorry but it annoys me when folk make an issue of something that's very unlikely to affect them .

Sure untolled boats shouldn't be on BA moorings but it is the season of good will .

If after Christmas you feel strongly about it and have witnessed it then by all means report it .

Other than that have a happy Christmas .

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Heron said:

What is it to do with the BA?  It is not a BA mooring. (Yet). It might be one day, then there will probably be costs involved moving boats on.

No NorfolkNog, no sign of Pelican.

Well in that case you obviously know who owns the mooring ie the council therefore the same applies , contact them if it's an issue .

I only mentioned BA because they were basking in the glory of the refurbishment so one would presume it has a element to do with them , if they are untolled then it's definitely something to do with them regardless who owns it .

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

Good news, let’s hope it happens! I look forward to mooring there for the first time (hopefully).

That depends on if it actually works it hasn't on certain other moorings .

BA simple do not have the legality to move boat onless under certain conditions , all they can do is stick a contravention notice on the vessel , if it's a Hazzard to navigation or pollution Hazzard then it's totally different and they can tow it away , obviously that includes in a situation where it may sink , other than that they can only apply the contravention notice and nothing else , this includes untolled vessels too unfortunately .

Trust me I'm not in favor of them in any way whatsoever but that's exactly how BA have to act .

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Strangely enough we never have complaints from the liveaboard community that moorings are being hogged at weekends by people staying on their boats! 

I don't know about the "community" but one past member, a continuous cruiser, used to complain bitterly about Bramerton being taken over at weekends, by contingents of the Brundall Navy. But such complaints as there are about liveaboards aren''t that they use the 24 hr moorings - those are available to all - but they 'forget' to move on after they've had their 24 hr whack.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I don't know about the "community" but one past member, a continuous cruiser, used to complain bitterly about Bramerton being taken over at weekends, by contingents of the Brundall Navy. But such complaints as there are about liveaboards aren''t that they use the 24 hr moorings - those are available to all - but they 'forget' to move on after they've had their 24 hr whack.

I think I know who you mean and if it's the same person he certainly did complain about some liveaboards as well as certain private boats that forget to move .

Not so sure that it's right to say that there haven't been complaints about those that live onboard using BA moorings , in another place a while back quite a few stated they had no right to and the mooring's were for for them but for other craft , where as in reality they are for any tolled vessel .

That said I definitely agree that no boat be it liveaboard or private has the right to overstay on less given permission by BA .

Bramerton isn't just the only hot spot there are many others such as somerlayton .

Even respected members of this forum have done it by their own admission in a very well known boat !.

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

And Brundall Church Fen. :default_norty:

That depends on if your on the BA moorings or not , its a little like opposite the ferry house BA don't own all of it , church fen and the above mentioned moorings are split it depends on what area the vessel is on , that said report it to the relevant council I'm sure BA will point you in the correct direction if you don't already know :default_norty:

2 hours ago, D46 said:

That depends on if your on the BA moorings or not , its a little like opposite the ferry house BA don't own all of it , church fen and the above mentioned moorings are split it depends on what area the vessel is on , that said report it to the relevant council I'm sure BA will point you in the correct direction if you don't already know :default_norty:

I know all too well thank you D46, I also know which part certain boats moor at. :default_norty:

On 23/12/2019 at 18:37, D46 said:

I'm sorry but isn't this just moaning ? Has anyone reported it to BA ? And more to the point is it actually causing those posting any problem what so ever .

While I appreciate it Christmas and BA is likely closed for the next few days they are open just after before the new year , however I would hold back in reporting it if your not in a position to actually see it if indeed it's happening , as that causes BA to go on a wild goose chase , wasting rangers time when they could be doing other things .

Sorry but it annoys me when folk make an issue of something that's very unlikely to affect them .

Sure untolled boats shouldn't be on BA moorings but it is the season of good will .

If after Christmas you feel strongly about it and have witnessed it then by all means report it .

Other than that have a happy Christmas .

I don`t think it`s moaning, i think people are concerned because these new aged navigators tend to have very scruffy boats which are an eyesore, and some of the occupants can also be (to some) a bit intimidating. Add to that, they hog the staithe so other visitors can`t moor, and have in the past acted aggresively when asked to move up allowing others to moor. They usually leave a load of rubbish behind when they move on.  :default_coat: