Land And Houseboat Up For Auction

I was told several years ago when Buccaneer boats at Brundall first introduced Willow Lodge that the only way you could introduce a new houseboat to the broads was as a replacement for an existing one.

Not sure if this is still the case or whether the BA will now allow additional new ones

Jeff 

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Which  auction house is running the sale?

https://www.auctionhouse.co.uk/eastanglia/auction/lot/103740

John, if you are seriously interested then I seriously suggest that you check as to what planning consent is in place in regard to residential use. That might explain why the property is for sale. That aside, an interesting site for anyone with an interest in boats and nearby trains!  There is also an issue of access, or lack thereof. If there is no reserve then I can see this going cheap. In reality I suspect that what is on offer is effectively a workshop and a mooring of sorts with a footpath under a railway line for access..

18 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

John, if you are seriously interested then I seriously suggest that you check as to what planning consent is in place in regard to residential use. That might explain why the property is for sale. That aside, an interesting site for anyone with an interest in boats and nearby trains!  There is also an issue of access, or lack thereof. If there is no reserve then I can see this going cheap. In reality I suspect that what is on offer is effectively a workshop and a mooring of sorts with a footpath under a railway line for access..

Sounds like an ideal place for a recluse. Peace and quiet. 

15 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Peace and quiet.

The new trains are a great deal quieter than the old ones, granted, and the site is only a hundred or so yards from three pubs, but the shed or whatever is only yards from the actual railway line which runs along an embankment that is above the roof line so quiet it is not! As for the recluse, yes, ideal for an overgrown 'railway child' with a penchant for pubs and carveries!

2 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

The new trains are a great deal quieter than the old ones, granted, and the site is only a hundred or so yards from three pubs, but the shed or whatever is only yards from the railway line which runs along an embankment that is above the roof line so quiet it is not! As for the recluse, yes, ideal for an overgrown 'railway child' with a penchant for pubs and carveries!

Must be one of those out there somewhere! 😁

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

To me it reads like there is no planning in place already. The whole listing seems a bit off to me actually.

Interestingly Google Maps still has the mentioned old house still there.

Oulton.PNG

Well I think I'm on my way to being "seriously interested", and given that  I'll be on the broads from the 6th (only 6 sleeps away) I'll have a looksee.

Peter, any further info you have would be most welcome Tidal rise and fall and whether the mooring dries out, that sort of thing. :-)

36 minutes ago, MaceSwinger said:

Interestingly Google Maps still has the mentioned old house still there.

But is it, or was it an old house? I've lived here all my life and gone past the site either on foot or by boat many hundreds of time and I don't recollect there having been a house there. Might have been a house there very many years ago but I suspect that in planning terms that that consent or use has long been abandoned.