Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

The Vulnerable to the virus are in group six, so there's a way to go, between 1.5 million and 8 million still in front of me.. According the the online guesser of when I'll get the vaccine.. 

On 13/02/2021 at 12:27, grendel said:

the fact still remains that the jab only protects the person immunised by preventing the severe symptoms, there is no proof that those vaccinated cant catch the virus and pass it on, far too many people seem to be under the misapprehension that the virus will enable them to ignore the restrictions and go back to a normal lifestyle, all the vaccination is doing is reducing the severity and allowing the NHS to cope.

There have now been studies that show, there is a 60% less chance of passing the virus on if Vaccinated.. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hylander said:

The  'Well',  can you drink that water?     

Apparently so - if you are referring to the well where Sven pulled up a bucket on a chain at the other side of the path you can just see a black pipe that carries the water down to parts of San Carlos.  Many of the new "fincas" don't have running water & a guy makes his living by driving the water truck around.

The walk looks interesting , dont so much care for yapping dogs around your ankles though.   

We certainly enjoy the hike (did it twice in 2018 & once in 2019).

I did not realise it rained quite so much as you describe.

Thats one of the reasons why its fairly green there (in recent years we have gone in September i.e. the so-called off-season).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheQ said:

The Vulnerable to the virus are in group six, so there's a way to go, between 1.5 million and 8 million still in front of me.. According the the online guesser of when I'll get the vaccine.. 

There have now been studies that show, there is a 60% less chance of passing the virus on if Vaccinated.. 

so instead of passing it on to 4.5 others, you now only pass it on to two, it still is no excuse to break lockdown.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheQ said:

I am in group 6 and had a text to book for Wednesday morning at Hoveton Village Hall.

So probably not as long as you thought to wait.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2021 at 13:26, MauriceMynah said:

I'm probably going to get a bit of a slapping for posting this but, here goes.

The main danger with Covid19 is that those over a certain age become seriously ill, sometimes fatally, and need hospital attention. When this disease is spreading rapidly, there is a real danger that the hospitals become overwhelmed. HOWEVER, if those who would normally have to go to hospital, are protected by having had the jab, then those who are not in the highly vulnerable group, could, in theory, carry on with normal life.

If the majority of those remaining "unjabbed" become ill, but not dangerously so, then the whole issue will rate as importantly as the flu. The NHS will be fine and we can all go boating again!

Ok, where are the stocks? I'll come quietly!  

Fully agree with this, so I'll join you in the stocks

I read a stat early this year that once the groups in the 50's and above are vaccinated that will account for 99% of the deaths, whilst not under estimating the value of any life, we must also be aware of what lock down is doing to mental heath!

Mandy is a voluntary counselor at MIND, they are at full stretch with people needing help, I haven't any numbers but continued lock down can only result in more people looking for a way out

No problems on the day but the day after, arghhh, I was as stiff as hell first thing. I do have mobility problems and what is normally less than pliable first thing was also downright painful. This morning it was back to normal, indeed better than usual!

Lynn, my wife, just felt sluggish but like me, was back to normal this morning.

Lady across the road told me that she had a back ground headache for two days whilst her husband, like me. was uncomfortably stiff for 24hrs. 

Is it worth it? Of course it is! Spot of discomfort for a day or two, no probs! 

• Like 4

Grend

1 hour ago, grendel said:

well that was an unexpected call, seems they must be flying ahead with the vaccinations locally, just recieved the call for wednesday for my jab, I do fall into 2 risk categories.

Grendel - isn't it obvious what's happening ? The PM has tried to put the economy as a priority ( as much as possible ) throughout COVID. They clearly want you back in Norfolk spending money as soon as possible

• Like 1

|As I have been given to understand it, you are more likely to experience side effects from the Oxford jab than the Pfizer. How true this is I don't know. Tony and I both had the Pfizer and neither of us had any reaction other than very slight localised soreness to the upper arm for 24 hours. None of the neighbours that we've spoken to has been given the Oxford vaccine  so I've  no way of confirming whether this is true.

Carole

I had the Oxford and had no side effects apart from a slight tenderness in my arm the next day. My wife and a couple of friends had the Pfizer and all only had side effects similar to me.

A friend of my daughters did feel quite poorly the day after the Pfizer for two or three days but she's fine now. I suppose it just depends on an individuals metabolism/immune system.

• Like 2

We had the Pfizer jab on Saturday. Just the usual stiff arm afterwards which wore off after a day and I suppose I was a bit tired and took things quietly yesterday, but back to normal in all respects this morning.  The vaccination centre in Ashford was extremely well organised. No queuing and after booking in, went straight into a room where a doctor gave me the jab, which was painless.  The only downside was that after the jab we were given a kitchen timer and ushered into a room where we had to sit for 15 minutes in case of an  adverse reaction. Frankly, I would rather have foregone that bit and taken my chances. 

What did surprise me is that no-one explained that maximum immunity takes around 21 days to develop. I can imagine people taking unnecessary risks the day after, only to come down with Covid. 

• Like 2

My wife and I had the Oxford vaccination last Friday (albeit under 70 at 68 and 69), no side effects at all. Organisation was superb and efficient at the centre we went to, Cliffs Pavilion, Southend on Sea, which is a large modern theatre and function centre.

Hope everyone gets jabbed sooner than forecast and back on their boats 

• Like 2

there are more than one type of test centre, if you are non symptomatic there is the quick test with results in 30 minutes, where if you are symptomatic you have to have the full test that takes about a day to get the results back to you, so if it was a quick test centre it was totally correct signage

Well it's now over 4 weeks since I had the vaccine and to all the anti's out there, it's not a problem.

My controller seems a nice robot with a sense of humour, it's just had me doing handstands and somersaults while humming the birdie song, mind I am not going in that supermarket again unless told to.

paul

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, PaulN said:

My wife and I had the Oxford vaccination last Friday (albeit under 70 at 68 and 69), no side effects at all. Organisation was superb and efficient at the centre we went to, Cliffs Pavilion, Southend on Sea, which is a large modern theatre and function centre.

Hope everyone gets jabbed sooner than forecast and back on their boats 

A five minute walk from my house, I miss having a coffee in the front bar. Great veiws of the Thames..

AndyG 

So I'm not the only one who lives down here. I live on Canvey Island and I took the option to go to 'Cliffs' as appointments were available the next morning after my letter arrived. Also a good excuse to go out and drive a few miles and take a route along our great Sea Front :default_smiley-char054:

At the Cliffs

The Maritime room will cost you £300 -£600 per day to hire,

The Admirals £200-400

The Restaurant £300 -600

How do I know this?

We were discussing hall Hire costs for model railways shows yesterday, on a model railway forum..

The Cliffs is way to expensive ..