How Busy Can It Get?

MauriceMynah

10 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

how lucky our moderators were. Nothing to do all day but sit about and try to control some of our more unruly contributors

I'm sure that Grendel will be along soon to comment, but given that he does actually have a job...:default_rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Next to each post there is a small picture, an avitar I believe it's called. Sometimes I'd like a closer look at it. Is there a way of doing this?

So, I thought, could it be possible for one of them ( I don't mind which one ) to enable readers to have a closer looksee at the avitars?

If you hover over and click on someone's profile, then again on their avatar picture in their profile, the image will be displayed as large as it can be.

However, normally the avatars are quite small images to start with, from a resolution point of view (ie how many pixels up and across).

Else, as it common with Forum software, they may well get "compressed" if they were bigger to start with.

So even if you could enlarge the picture, it would be very 'grainy'. 

The upside of this is that you can't see the dirt on the boats so well ...

• Haha 2

what Bikertov said really, the forum software preshrinks the avatar pictures (puts them through a boil wash cycle) to make them a small size, so no amount of stretching will get them back to a bigger size for viewing. and yes some of us have to fit moderating in around boring stuff like work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

I know - I've tricked my wife for years over hers ... little does she know :default_icon_evil:

I do hope for your sake Mrs Biker doesn't happen upon this forum. What are the visiting hours at your local hospital? I'll bring you a bunch of grapes :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Gracie said:

I do hope for your sake Mrs Biker doesn't happen upon this forum. What are the visiting hours at your local hospital? I'll bring you a bunch of grapes :default_biggrin: x

Nah, should be OK ... but maybe I will bring the Girlfriend to the Spring meet up instead, just in case anyone blabs on me :default_hiding:

• Haha 4