Suitable Shoes

Gracie

Contrary to popular belief (and I aim that comment at Jaws, Riyadhcrew, Broadscot and R/breeze  :naughty: ) i don't take that many pairs of shoes on the Broads with me. I normally wear pumps/ballet pumps for messing about on the boat, wellies (pink) for walks if it's damp/muddy etc and a couple, ok maybe three or four pairs of dressing up shoes. I have worn flip flop type shoes but found them to be a bit tricky on deck if not dangerous. On really hot days have been known to go barefoot. Of course for some of us there is a need to look stylish but comfort and safety are just as important, so what's the best type of footwear for a Boating holiday? This is really for a bit of fun so please don't tell me off for wearing flip flops Lol and please no Doc Martin type suggestions because they really don't go with summer dresses and shorts  :naughty:

Grace  :kiss

• Like 4

Hi Grace,

I usually take the following with me, sandals (mule type) for driving, deck shoes (whilst on board) pair of black and a pair of brown shoes for walking.

When we were moored at Ferry Marina, wellies were part of our boat kit.

All footware stops at the door down into the boat.

Regards

Alan

• Like 4

I really don't mean to insult anyone's choice of footwear and sandals are great with shorts but even if the sandals are rubbing on your feet remember this, never, never, ever wear socks with sandals and shorts, especially not white ones Lol, you must endure what ever pain you are going through just don't do it  :naughty:

Grace

• Like 5

Grace not for one moment did I believe the others... but now.. how many pairs is that?? geez now we why Clive really is having to expand he will soon have to start thinking of walk in wardrobes with a huge shoe area...

As for us (as you've seen) its cold/raining we wear trainers.. if its not we don't lol 

• Like 4

Hi fellas, oh and Grace :kiss

I didn't name her Esmarelda  "Gracie"  Marcos, for nothing! :naughty:  I have very little choice in footwear as my old plates of meat go up n down like a yoyo. So generally its non slip trainers for getting on n off the boat. Steering I have my slip-on cumfy slippers on!

I am however, looking for a pair of blue/black or white boating pumps just now but have to be EEE wide fitting and size 11! See I bring my own boats with me! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 5

Well it would now seem I have a reputation for being a bit of a nosyparker and keeping tabs on people doesn't it David (deebee29) I rather think of it as neighbourhood watch where we all look out for each other so no need for a nosyparker emot thank you very much Jaws Lol  :swordpir:  and TRAINERS, honestly, I said stylish didn't I?  :naughty:

Grace  :kiss

• Like 5

I bought a pair of lightweight trainers last week from Aldi, for £12.99. Nothing wrong with these Grace and these are to wear on the boat during the day. Taking another heavier duty pair for walking and a pair of slip on shoes for going to the pub at night and of course my slippers for relaxing on the boat.

God knows what Wendy is taking, I don't interfere when she is packing for a holiday.

• Like 1

I've just ordered a pair of these:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Evening-Uniform-Oxford-Patent-leather/dp/B0051N8MCY/

Mind you they are not for onboard of course, they are to replace my worn out ones and will need them for this:-

finningleyballfinalposter.jpg

To be held underneath the wings of our XH588 - Our last flying Vulcan

Griff

• Like 1

I really don't mean to insult anyone's choice of footwear and sandals are great with shorts but even if the sandals are rubbing on your feet remember this, never, never, ever wear socks with sandals and shorts, especially not white ones Lol, you must endure what ever pain you are going through just don't do it  :naughty:

Grace

Picture if you will a little Spanish fishing village. Well off the beaten track, no English tourists. The only two Englishmen who probably ever graced the village were Walter, a little bloke...so Yorkshire his dialect was almost a continuous vowel movement...and your truly. Both Walter and I were residents of the village and neighbours. One afternoon we took a break from our labours to saunter across the beach to the local tapas bar for a couple of cold ones and Walter asked me if I would ever leave such an idyllic place.

"I've said before Walter, the first time I see someone wearing socks with sandals and carrying one of those walking sticks with the badges on...the first whiff of an english accent that's not mine or thine...I'm off home!" I declared.

A couple of beers later I was just tucking into a fresh caught tuna salad...lettuce caught on a rod and line and not netted, when along the beach comes some tit in sandals and white socks with a walking stick with badges on it. Trailing behind him is his wife and two teenage daughters. They sit at the table beside Walter and I and the daughters begin a conversation with each other.

"Are ya goin to Black n White's tonight?" drawled one to the other.

Walter looked at me mouthing the question 'Black and Whites?'

"They mean the night club 'En blanco y *****'!" I said paying the bill and getting up.

"Where are you going?" asked Walter.

"Home!" I replied.

Walter drove me to the airport next morning.

Now may I add Gracie...I find nothing wrong at all in the sight of a young lady in a summer dress and Doc Martin Boots!

Footwear for me is a choice of steel toecapped boots or Karrimor walking shoes. I have a pair of proper shoes somewhere at the back of the wardrobe.

Griff....Black tie and ball gowns...what, together?

tumblr_lwvo7lbvY11qbey5r.png

• Like 3

Crocs and reefs, barefoot for preference. :)

I always went off barefoot in the Whimp round Malthouse Broad and once it led to an interesting outcome.

Phill accepted an invitation to join me and we pottered about, then decided to sail up the dam, then turned upstream on the Bure, then got to Cockshoot. The chance for a nice walk offered, and at this point my absence of shoes was noted. :) it was a very enjoyable, if cautious, walk! On balance we decided not to press on to the New Inn for lunch!

• Like 1

Now I know this will raise a laugh but it's true Honest it is.

I have to wear WHITE socks for medical reasons... YES I DO!!!!!!... White socks or no socks! Those are my options.

Last year I wore sandles and as I went sockless I suffered severe sun burn on the tops of my feet.

Now...As in the summer I like to wear sandles, I shall, totally shamelessly don those sandles on my white socked feet..... So there!!

Edited to add, I find Crocs treacherously slippery on anything other than a dry surface.

• Like 1

Now I know this will raise a laugh but it's true Honest it is.

I have to wear WHITE socks for medical reasons... YES I DO!!!!!!... White socks or no socks! Those are my options.

Last year I wore sandles and as I went sockless I suffered severe sun burn on the tops of my feet.

Now...As in the summer I like to wear sandles, I shall, totally shamelessly don those sandles on my white socked feet..... So there!!

Edited to add, I find Crocs treacherously slippery on anything other than a dry surface.

MM am no laughin, no way :norty:  Last year I tried the no socks on the plates of meat, and ended up with two infected upper feet. My reason is medical also. Psoriasis plaques.

So you are not alone MM, I too will have socks on, if I have my slip-on sandles on. :)

cheers Iain.