Hi - I'm new to the Broads

Juli

Hello - Recently bought and moved a boat from Wiltshire to the Broads. Just getting to know the boat and the broads!

We were rescued by Chris on Mistral on Monday - embarassingly ran out of fuel, and Chris kindly towed us to land. Note to self: 'carry spare fuel!'

Looking forward to exploring and enjoying the broads!

• Like 5

Hello,

:welcome: to the forum and welcome to norfolk!

Don't worry my parents apparently done the same thing lol... thankfully I've not done that yet but came close on a hireboat one year when they forgot to fuel it up!

We have a number of very very noisy members so before they ask, we need pictures of your boat and details where you moor  ;)  :nosey:

Enjoy your time in norfolk and on the forum, cheers

• Like 3

Hello and Welcome Juli to the Norfolk Broads and to this mad house . As JawsOrca said (my dear son) we run out of fuel on Oulton Broad and this was our first time with our new boat. All ended well and now we insure we have enough fuel. The Broads is a great place to rest and relax . Enjoy and we all look forward to hear from you . Regards Marina

Hello Juli,

Welcome to the NBN Forum from Tan & myself.

May we have some details about yourself and your boat,  we tend to like pictures on this forum.

Please have a look at our information pages, to do this click on the Forums tab and curser down until you find something of interest.

If you require any help or advice please let us know.

Regards

Alan

ohh lard, are yer northern too .........???

nooo why not ........!!!!

from posh ole west part ehhhh......

go on what boot yer goot .......

do yer want to sell it ???????????

Hi Juli welcome also from me,yes as Marina and Alan said on our first boat Shetland 4+2 little kingfisher we run out in the middle of Oulton broad,since then we make sure we have enough.I am sure like the rest of us you will soon get the bug.Between  us we can let you know where to buy fuel.

Best wishes Ian :Sailing  :welcome:  :teddy:

A warm welcome from me as well. I'm not nosey or mad I've got attention defe...Ooh where did you run out of fu...what do you do for a liv...where did you say your moorings we...cit dis...are you enjoying th..order! :naughty:

• Like 2

No wind, there is always the tide!

In years gone by trading wherries used to travel during the night, if there was a fair tide, by tying themselves in pairs and casting off. If one ran aground the other would pull the grounded one away from the bank. In this manner the wherryman could use the tide and have a kip. 

• Like 1

No - not scared off yet!

Thank you all for your welcome messages.

Boat is called 'Kirribilli' and moored in Dilham.

I'll add a photo soon - once I can figure out how to upload it.

• Like 3