• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

TheQ

The Northern Distributer Road AKA Norwich Northern Bypass

The mileage for us down to 'B.A' from door to door for an age has been 162 miles

Having updated the TomTom maps and also looking on the AA's Route planner.  The mileage from door to door has been reduced down to 154.  Now need to have a trip on the Mighty Tiger, those roundabouts and twisty s will be fun.

It would have been even better if the road builders had linked up the NDR where is finishes near Morton on the Hill to the A47

Griff

Hi Griff It will soon they have gote to build it on stilts to cross the Wenson rivor and flood plain in Wenson  valley lots of neuts, frogs, butter flys etc plus all the pilling.John

• Thanks 1

Griff it took me 6.5 hrs back to Leeds today it was hold up after hold up. Tomtom latest maps, right out of Stalham them took me over Ludham, Wroxham but ended up on a new road passed a airfield with the Vulcan but it them but me on the B1145 I was by myself all the way to a 1.5 mile from Sutton Bridge and it's a great bike route not in the wet. I took it steady after a week at 5mph and a dog that's travel sick!.

Goggle not put my travel history up yet but over the swing bridge turn left on A149 then right onto B1145, a few speed camera signs but didn't see any.

• Thanks 1

I did the 154 miles in the van Home in 3hrs 20 including a 20 minete stop

Griff

• Like 1

Last Friday we left at 0730 and with a stop on route we'd call at Tesco for a butty and in the yard at 1215, 190 miles it was a dream of a run. I wasn't even trying to take off on the dual carriage way.

But Friday we set off at 1000 and it was hold up after hold up, like I said I was on the back roads looking across the fields and seeing the traffic stood. Then got to Bylth services and it took me off there showing with tomtom taking 20 mins of the traffic jam and pop me back on the A1 in front of the jam.

All was great as I was passing Cas towards Wakefield and I said 12mins to go, then 4 lanes of red lights and I got off at Wakefield then down into Leeds after it added 20 mins back on the time. Radio report M62 shut so another 100 yards I'd have been stuffed.

Next years boats are Saturday starts. I said to Kaz if we have a Friday start I'd rather take boat back in the evening and drive home after tea. ps she misses half the delays been asleep!!

7 hours ago, Siddy said:

Next years boats are Saturday starts. I said to Kaz if we have a Friday start I'd rather take boat back in the evening and drive home after tea. ps she misses half the delays been asleep!!

We often go Friday to Friday, but rather than fight the Friday traffic book in an AirBnB or Hotel and explore some other parts of Norfolk on the Saturday before travelling home in the late afternoon.

Yet more traffic jams in our village this morning!

100_3746.thumb.jpg.7372fd66a428b70e7a9cf66cf513995b.jpg

100_3748.thumb.jpg.455ce33e0bad90fd8d3f433e9aa07faa.jpg

100_3749.thumb.jpg.e0bc3872cbedd51ed181389657ac8c55.jpg

An elderly lady had to be rescued from the top window.