Goodbye Broadscot

Hockham Admiral

I don't know what to say, only that I am heartbroken, a smashing Man and one hell of a pesky mod, he was my on-line Granddad and a wonderful friend some of us hadn't met yet and now we never will

My heart goes out to Ruth and the family

Goodnight and God bless sweetheart :kiss

Grace

• Like 14

having had the pleasure of meeting both iain and ruth earlier this year and then speaking to him in hospital, i am absolutely gutted, he sounded so chirpy last week and was looking forward to going home.

picked up this thread after getting home from work and it knocked me sideways

our thoughs are with ruth and family and i will gladly contribute to whatever is organised

• Like 8

Very sad news,  Iain was always very fair and even handed.  He certainly devoted a lot of time and energy to helping the forum retain its "friendly forum" reputation. He seemed  true gent. 

Godspeed Pesky mod
My thoughts and condolences are with his wife,  Ruth and his family.

• Like 9

How terribly sad. Like most on here, I never got the chance to meet Iain in person, but he passed on some of his Broads memories and we corresponded over local history matters a few times in the last few years. He was someone who truly loved the area and clearly had many, many happy memories of boating on the Broads over the years.

I had massive respect for him in his role as a moderator on here too. 

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

Carol

• Like 9

I am absoloutley stunned and truly saddened by this sad sad news .

In a short space of time , he became a very good friend of mine. Sadly I never met him, though plans were in place. He was of great help to me, and such a likeable character. I am going to miss him so much.

• Like 6

Such a sad sad day. Iain was not only a friend to many of us individually but a true friend of the forum itself. 

As this year passes and the bells chime in the next I shall raise a glass to Old Pesky. I suspect some of you will join me...

• Like 13