Manchester Explosion

Of course you are angry, we all are.. We all feel especially for those young people.  My own feeling is that we have to try to knit together and direct our anger toward those that really deserve it and not allow it to overspill to those who don't. Reading some of the news today it sounds like the people of Manchester have been trying to do that and that the community there has really pulled together.  Together we are strong. 

• Like 4

I went to the vigil and found the experience to be a very positive and moving . Nothing can repair the sheer evil this person (or  people) have  perpetrated  but the spirit in Manchester last night, in that wonderful multi cultural city, was really beautiful to see.  

Fred

• Like 8

Initial reactions are usually of extreme anger, if we let this turn into hatred and fear then they have achieved their goal and we have helped them do so. Not all people of any religion, cast or creed are evil there are a few very nasty people out there for many reasons, but for everyone there  are thousand if not millions of decent ones. If we meet hated and anger with hated and anger then we are all in a downward spiral.

My wife and I lived in Manchester for several years and love the place and the people, we have many close friends and my heart goes out to them in their hour of need. They need hugs and love at the moment to help repair their damage.

• Like 6

Such terrible cruel wicked actions leaves one without words . One of the issues is with that these are second generation immigrants that are radicalised and who feel that they have no place.They are still brought up with old muslem beliefs but in a modern western culture. Some of their parents still do not speak fluent english. I worked in the NHS  for many years and would despair of  staff who would not adapt to western life although they chose to live and work here and to enjoy the benefits.Nothing can excuse this barbaric act  but I think it is time to take a harder line.'When in Rome' Are we allowed to behave like westerners in say Dubai?.No and we accept it. We have travelled to many Muslem countries . True Muslems are lovely kind peaceful people .What goes through the mind  of a 22 year old to carry out such a barbaric act. My 4 year old grandson had more compassion yesterday for a dying fly. I cannot stop watching the news and shed a tear for the poor  poor parents and relatives of those affected. If there is a God up there why oh why  does this happen. We need to love one another  more   everyday, no matter what creed culture or religion.

• Like 3

My heart goes out to INNOCENT victims of this cowardly act , as well as their families. A completely avoidable waste of young innocent lives.

Edited by Hockham Admiral
"Any posts that The Team consider to be outside the guidelines, particularly flaming or trolling will be deleted without recourse. In practice any Mod may hide a post until it has been discussed by The Team".
  • Like 3

Speedtriple, I will refer you to Hockham Admirals last post in the rant thread, and ask that you re-consider parts your post above with respect to the guidelines posted. bearing in mind that this is not in the members area.

• Like 4

Just now, grendel said:

Speedtriple, I will refer you to Hockham Admirals last post in the rant thread, and ask that you re-consider parts your post above with respect to the guidelines posted. bearing in mind that this is not in the members area.

Thank you, Grendel.

• Like 4

It's ironic the bomber is named well before all of the victims family's are informed .eight are arrested with valuable information found within a matter of days of this sad affair

personally i I would question ( and so should everyone ) did  22 have to die and did 119 really need to be so badly injured .........and that's not even counting the countless number of our youngsters deeply effected 

there are more questions than answers 

finny

• Like 2

I have kept off of these topics, as what I could say would get me a rather good telling off from the mods...

But, what I do not understand is that after every, and I mean EVERY terrorist attack, the police/authorities say that the person/persons doing it WERE KNOW TO THEM.....

I know the saying innocent until proven guilty, but being proved guilty by taking young innocent lives..

that's it, say no more Donny, just in case...

:40_rage:

• Like 3

Then the simple answer to that is they need or must start removing people from our country.

If there are laws in the way then change them, in the interests of public safety.

If I can see that and millions of others can probably see that, why cant they? 

They change laws all the time when it suits. 

• Like 1

The terrorist did show the world something alright, he showed us the people of Manchester standing together in defiance, candles, song and prayer, they showed the world they are not afraid as did the Londoners in the Westminster attack, instead of cowering in fear and letting this lowlife take over their lives, I know it doesn't help the families who are grieving the loss of their babies, mums and dads but it does prove that most of us stand together against such appalling terror. The saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" springs to mind, very proud to be British at the moment :trophy

Grace

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Gracie said:

The terrorist did show the world something alright, he showed us the people of Manchester standing together in defiance, candles, song and prayer, they showed the world they are not afraid as did the Londoners in the Westminster attack, instead of cowering in fear and letting this lowlife take over their lives, I know it doesn't help the families who are grieving the loss of their babies, mums and dads but it does prove that most of us stand together against such appalling terror. The saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" springs to mind, very proud to be British at the moment :trophy

Grace

But we shouldn't have to Gracie,  we know we can stand fast against the enemy, we have proved it time and again,  usually against the enemy without,  not often the enemy within.

The problem is how to root out the extremists without becoming something our fathers fought against in 1939.

If proven guilty,  get rid of them but wide-scale interment on whisper,  suspicion or the wrong beard is not our way.

I f they choose to go abroad to join a proscribed group then that is a one way trip.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dnks34 said:

Then the simple answer to that is they need or must start removing people from our country.

If there are laws in the way then change them, in the interests of public safety.

If I can see that and millions of others can probably see that, why cant they? 

They change laws all the time when it suits. 

How do you remove someone from this country, that was born in this country? Where would you send them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dnks34 said:

The trouble is that many of these young jihadists were born and brought up in this country.

Psychicsurveyor said 'If they choose to go abroad to join a proscribed group then that is a one way trip.' It most certainly should be but somehow they get back into this country again. 

As much as I feel anger at all of this, I also feel despair. Despair that we don't seem to have any answers. We are told that some of these people have been on a 'watch list' but nothing has been done with that information, as far as we know anyway. We are supposed to have some of the best Security Forces in the world and I am sure there are many foiled attempts that we never get to hear about, but this seems to have been such a simple way of creating carnage and causing such hurt. There will, I feel sure, be more attempts as time goes on and we all have to be on permanent alert. I recently read Lee Child's 'Gone Tomorrow', one of his Jack Reacher stories. The first few chapters involves a suicide bomber and describes 11 ways in which such a person can be spotted. The book is fiction of course but nevertheless a useful read.

Mark is so right when he says "We shouldn't have to" but the fact a known terrorist has been free to live among us only to go on to kill and maim innocent people is the very reason we have to, what else have we got??

I won't say anymore on this, I have just read stories about beautiful 14 and 15 year old girls who will never grow into young women with careers and families of their own, if I do say anymore I will get banned from the internet

Grace

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Mark is so right when he says "We shouldn't have to" but the fact a known terrorist has been free to live among us only to go on to kill and maim innocent people is the very reason we have to, what else have we got??

I won't say anymore on this, I have just read stories about beautiful 14 and 15 year old girls who will never grow into young women with careers and families of their own, if I do say anymore I will get banned from the internet

Grace

We have allegedly 3000 on a list of concern and 500 actively watched.  12 people are needed to watch one suspect.  We will never have enough security staff. 

How sad is it Gracie that you don't feel you can express your outrage on the internet ( ok,  not on here,  we except that ) but the internet is used extensively by extremists to plot and radicalize.  Funny  old world.

• Like 2

It is inevitable that an incident such as this will bring anger to the most mild of people, but please think carefully before asking... or worse demanding action.

Forget the suicide bomber himself, he won't be a problem any more, it is those who convinced him to take this dreadful action who need to be watched, they are the evil ones, they are the enemy. They are alive and well and continuing their disgusting work. They are the ones who I hope the various security agencies are concentrating on. Sadly they are also the ones so difficult to catch

For every teacher of evil, there must be thousands of Muslims here, in this country, who not only are feeling outrage about this attack on children, they must be feeling deep fear too. Fear of reprisals against them. Fear of hatred aimed at their children. 

Extremist Muslims want to cause a war between Muslims and the west. Do not let them achieve that. Do not let them have their way. To do so, hands them victory on a plate.

We are better than that. We are stronger than that., and if you are in any doubt of this, the solidarity of the residents of Manchester are living proof.  

This is the only post I shall make on this forum on this subject. Thank you for reading it.

• Like 12

Ive just read an article on BBC news that states there a 12000 people in the UK with the status "subject to review" by the security services.

If we are unable to remove known extremists/sympathisers then we should be incarcerating them instead.  How much military land is there available in the UK where new facilities could be built. 

A radical problem needs a radical solution.  

While these 12000 people have their freedom none of us are truly safe.  

• Like 1

The reason why these 12.000 are still free to walk about and cause terror is thanks to your good old human rights people. Oh sorry you can't hold them it's against there human rights. They are human you know. They make me sic,  there just as bad. They've got blood on there hands for sticking up and helping them, So it's ok for them to let those evil 12.000 to go out radicalise others to join and inflict terror aswell. If they fill that strong about hating our country we are not asking them to stay. simples leave and go somewhere else. We don't want pure evil like that here. If it was me I would shoot the lot of them and those human rights lot aswell. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SEAMASTER said:

If it was me I would shoot the lot of them and those human rights lot aswell. 

Hitler tried just that, and the whole world was up in arms about it - lets no go there.

Your reaction is as extremist as the terrorists, this is how they want people to react, so they can then use your reaction to recruit more terrorists. your reaction shows them that they are winning.

we cant be having that, so please can we let this thread fade away, and get back to a normal life of boats and broads.

• Like 10