June 16th 2020

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

image.png.2ad30a6f7d93aefcae7bc129da53e595.png

1 hour ago, Timbo said:

Middle Aged Man In Lycra according to the OED! :default_biggrin:

Edited to add they have support groups and support groups for their wives!

He needs all the support he can get.

And I didn't know they made Lycra material that wide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/04/2020 at 18:18, JennyMorgan said:

He's not that big, he's just passed wind!

Then I'm glad I wasn't the one behind him. 

He struggles a bit on the ascents but by crikey he can't half shift going down hill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Backing away from the glorious thought of well rounded ladies froliking in the long grass, I just noticed this positive bit of spin in relation to the even more Glorious 16th. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/04/golfers-anglers-ready-cast-coronavirus-lockdown-restrictions/?fbclid=IwAR0-7gYp8QW-2WFCzbrvIErEiYNthM5bKJ_4LbekYsm6K43G3mowKjv8Nug

• Like 1

The RYA are working for boating as well

"With all sports starting to consider recovery, the RYA is developing a ‘Return to Boating’ strategy aimed at getting the message over that there is a very strong case for boating to be one of the first activities that could be resumed safely within any necessary parameters for social distancing, once we start to see a relaxation of the current restrictions.

“We remain committed to representing the interests of our valued members and the wider boating community and we look forward to seeing you back on the water when as soon as it is safe and advisable for us to do so,” Sarah concludes. "

https://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/RYA-leads-call-for-limited-and-controlled-access-to-marinas.aspx

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

The 16th done good for me! Nothing huge but plenty of them! 

P6163636.JPG

Personally I would never hold a fish like that, you look like you are strangulating it!

Don't forget while it is out of the water, it's trying to breathe!!!

1 hour ago, Upcycler said:

Personally I would never hold a fish like that, you look like you are strangulating it!

Are you an angler, or a fish biologist? Fish extract oxygen from water, not oxygen as you and I breath it. Keeping the gill covers closed on a hot day also prevents the rakers drying out. As it was the fish was only out of the water for thirty seconds or so whilst it was unhooked. Better held firmly than dropped.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I am not an angler, but I imagine that method also gives better protection to the fish's scales?

It does indeed. I was actually sat on a chair, on a slipway with the water near to the top of my wellies. No net, I drew the fish alongside me, lifted it out of the water with my left hand and hook out with the right before grabbing my camera. Minimal contact, not so much the scales but also minimum loss of slime/mucous. Had an even bigger one this morning, no single handed lift with that one, needed both hands but still with minimum contact. Straight onto a wet unhooking mat, job soon done. The very worst thing that novices can do is to hold bream with a rag or towel, even a wet one. That does remove the slime, leaving the fish open to infection which can then effect other fish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Personally I do not get this fishing malarkey, my Brother in law brings some light tackle with him when joining me on the boat. The only fish I am interested in is in batter or a pie.

Regards

Alan

Alan, mental well-being is no bad thing and angling can really help. Have a peep at this link: