Any New Hiring Boats 2021

Andrewcook

SwarR mentioned Ferry Maria, we hired Bronze Emblem under her former name River Hart from Staham Yacht Services in the 90's. The headboard one side was slightly under the side deck but never presented a problem, again I am over 6" and the bed was fine. We never suffered from condensation on this boat but having the island bed worked well for us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Looks like a very nice boat. And a reasonable price if you look at the weeks available in October. Any idea on the air draft? I note the details say that it will only go under Acle Bridge. 

It was mentioned a while ago on this thread Jean - 9ft.  I had to delve back several pages, but I remembered that it had been asked before.

50576594-3F17-4492-9197-31B410C31DB7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Two new Richardsons boats added to Hoseasons this morning, Tesaro and Amore. Anybodies guess as to what they look like as they're displaying stock photos from Richardsons at the moment. Can't link to them as I'm in a McDonalds on my way home. Go to Hoseasons boats, then seaech my boat name. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Two new Richardsons boats added to Hoseasons this morning, Tesaro and Amore. Anybodies guess as to what they look like as they're displaying stock photos from Richardsons at the moment. Can't link to them as I'm in a McDonalds on my way home. Go to Hoseasons boats, then seaech my boat name. 

Reading the descriptions, Amore sounds as if it could be a Haines 32 (style) boat and Tesoro is possibly a Sheerline 950 centre cockpit.  I’ll wait to be corrected when someone more knowledgeable tells me otherwise!! 😉😉

Bella Signora (which I think is actually just an individual name for one of the Haines 32 boats put on in June) is here:
https://partners.hoseasons.co.uk/NBH/boat-holidays/bella-signora-bh2699

Both Amore and Tesoro have indeed gone from sale. My guess is that it was causing so much trouble with people booking boats based on the images shown, which turned out not to be a representation of the actual boat, Hoseasons have decided to pull them until Richardsons provide the proper images.

27 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Bella Signora (which I think is actually just an individual name for one of the Haines 32 boats put on in June) is here:
https://partners.hoseasons.co.uk/NBH/boat-holidays/bella-signora-bh2699

Both Amore and Tesoro have indeed gone from sale. My guess is that it was causing so much trouble with people booking boats based on the images shown, which turned out not to be a representation of the actual boat, Hoseasons have decided to pull them until Richardsons provide the proper images.

Almost £1400 for a week in October, bit pricey for 2 people in my opinion. Also, wonder what the air draft is? We couldn't get under Ludham in October with an 8ft 10" ish

10 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Haines suggest that the air draft is 8' 3".  I'm guessing that includes the mast!  See:

https://www.hainesmarine.co.uk/the-range/32-sedan/#specification

Our Broom 29 Sedan has an airdraft of 8ft 3ins, with the nav light and flag staff down.  There is still a listing on the NYA website, despite being sold, for a Haines 32 sedan which shows the airdraft to be 8ft 3ins too, but I would imagine that would be with the mast/nav light/aerial down as well:

https://www.nya.co.uk/boats-for-sale/haines-32-sedan-16/

It would certainly be less than Pegasus, which is still for sale on the NYA website:

https://www.nya.co.uk/boats-for-sale/vogue-27/

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Our Broom 29 Sedan has an airdraft of 8ft 3ins, with the nav light and flag staff down.  There is still a listing on the NYA website, despite being sold, for a Haines 32 sedan which shows the airdraft to be 8ft 3ins too, but I would imagine that would be with the mast/nav light/aerial down as well:

https://www.nya.co.uk/boats-for-sale/haines-32-sedan-16/

It would certainly be less than Pegasus, which is still for sale on the NYA website:

https://www.nya.co.uk/boats-for-sale/vogue-27/

We had Pegasus for a week in October last year. Enjoyed it on the whole and it was a nice boat, but had a few issues.

Electric oven/microwave/hob/kettle/heating were a nightmare unless on shore power, and the warm air heating wasn’t very warm. But perhaps it’s been fixed since then!

Rear outside deck is very narrow when getting on and off, and seemed even narrower after a pint or 2! We both managed to avoid the wet stuff though. Nice to fish off.

1 hour ago, 750XL said:

We had Pegasus for a week in October last year. Enjoyed it on the whole and it was a nice boat, but had a few issues.

Electric oven/microwave/hob/kettle/heating were a nightmare unless on shore power, and the warm air heating wasn’t very warm. But perhaps it’s been fixed since then!

Rear outside deck is very narrow when getting on and off, and seemed even narrower after a pint or 2! We both managed to avoid the wet stuff though. Nice to fish off.

I think you’d find the Haines a very different craft.  It is far more ‘conventional’ with gas cooking and diesel fired heating.  Haines are a respected builder and the boat will be finished to a very high standard.  It’s also longer and wider than Pegasus, so more roomy internally and has a useful aft cockpit with seating.

There was a thread about Pegasus on here when she was launched and the general consensus was that its looks were a little challenging and the access using the somewhat narrow aft deck was less than practical.  It’s been on the market for a few weeks now and good used boats are selling very quickly, often within a couple of days.  It does lead one to wonder why a relatively new boat at a very attractive price hasn’t yet found a new owner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

It’s been on the market for a few weeks now and good used boats are selling very quickly, often within a couple of days.  It does lead one to wonder why a relatively new boat at a very attractive price hasn’t yet found a new owner.

When we had it in October '20, aside from the previously mentioned problems (which have probably been sorted now!), the interior did look a little tired in places with various fittings and trim pieces falling off or warped. I'm sure with a bit of TLC it'll be the right boat for someone

• 2 weeks later...