Any New Hiring Boats 2021

Andrewcook

I too have a real soft spot for the Ocean 30 - Always have done since I first saw one.  There are two really fine examples in t wet shed, both twin screw too.  Thing is I can't ever remember having a trip out on a Ocean 30 - best not to meet ones idols in case they disappoint

Griff

• Like 2

23 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

Hi, Skyway was named after a Chrome BMX i never managed to get, 

she was released last week and has her first hire on the 3rd of July, hopefully we will release her sooner but I had to draw a line somewhere... as always it seems that behind the scenes there was more to do than we expected !

I think the sales were all done from people ringing up as it wasn't on the internet  and I only gave them the release date about a week ago, I have tried to keep the price down, I am probably missing out on a few quid but hopefully that will land me a few loyal customers.. I plan on being here a while yet, even in a couple of years when the frenzy has passed.. 

Here you go Clive .. I definitely prefer the floating one 🤣🤣👍

3EAE6AAB-2133-48BD-AEEC-803274DEDE51.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

I too have a real soft spot for the Ocean 30 - Always have done since I first saw one.  There are two really fine examples in t wet shed, both twin screw too.  Thing is I can't ever remember having a trip out on a Ocean 30 - best not to meet ones idols in case they disappoint

Griff

Anytime Griff , you’re always welcome

• Thanks 1

The Ocean 30s Richardson's still have on hire (San Luis and San Pedro) have classic appeal certainly. I've always been put off those particular boats by the unwieldy-looking canopy. When it's raised I imagine it to be like a dark tent inside.

Looks like Barnes Brinkcraft have just bought the Curlew Class boats from Le Boat on the Caledonian Canal.

They are quite tall boats so are limited by bridges and won't pass under Yarmouth, Ludham, Wroxham or Potter Heigham so have quite a limited cruising range!

https://www.barnesbrinkcraft.co.uk/our-boats/detail/brinks-curlew-class/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That sounds like a recipe for generating a lot of disappointed customers. Okay, it does say up front which bridges the boats won’t go under, but I wonder how many first timers check out where those bridges are?

It's the same with Far Horizon from Richardson's. I can't personally imagine hiring a boat with such limited range but Far Horizon has obviously been doing well! 

4 minutes ago, catcouk said:

It's the same with Far Horizon from Richardson's. I can't personally imagine hiring a boat with such limited range but Far Horizon has obviously been doing well! 

Far Horizon is from Horning Pleasurecraft (not Richardsons):default_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, C.Ricko said:

Far Horizon is from Horning Pleasurecraft (not Richardsons):default_wink:

Please accept my humblest of apologies - you are absolutely correct (I have failed to move with the times there!). 

19 minutes ago, catcouk said:

I'm surprised Clive didn't say more, I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong. Far horizon has let incredible well since she was launched. I can't remember the name of the big tall flybridge boat richardsons brought back to the broads from their Thames fleet. That let very well from acle as well. Canny bit of business by barnes, if priced keenly I'm sure that will fly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andyg said:

I'm surprised Clive didn't say more, I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong. Far horizon has let incredible well since she was launched. I can't remember the name of the big tall flybridge boat richardsons brought back to the broads from their Thames fleet. That let very well from acle as well. Canny bit of business by barnes, if priced keenly I'm sure that will fly. 

It was Prisma, it let very well but it was cheap, 

Far Horizon lets well, so do Sunways and the new one Skyway is off to a flying start, all 3 of them are fairly easy to get  on and off.. 

• Like 2

We are putting another new boat into the fleet in a couple of weeks, 'Clearway' is a single level Alpha 32 which will sleep 3-5.. 

we will do a bit of work on the outside and fit a bow thruster but she is a lovely boat. 

Clearway aft cabin.jpg

Clearway aft cabin main bed.jpg

Clearway captains chair.jpg

Clearway galley front view.jpg

Clearway galley view.jpg

Clearway saloon.jpg

Clearway showeroom.jpg

• Like 13

Shame about the bed on the last boat. One has to be careful of boats advertised as having a walk round bed but in fact the headboard is in the middle of the room and the bed is therefore still no good for tall people!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Shame about the bed on the last boat. One has to be careful of boats advertised as having a walk round bed but in fact the headboard is in the middle of the room and the bed is therefore still no good for tall people!

My son is 6ft 3’ and struggles with boat beds! 

• Like 1

The bath colour isn't that bad in the flesh, I can't easily change it and would probably replace it with a shower tray if it came to it. 

I have not measured the bed but being 6'2" myself i would probably sleep diagonally! I will measure it and let you know if tall people are being discriminated against. 

I don't plan on building any single level boats so need to buy them but there is not much decent at acceptable prices coming on the market right now... 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

The bath colour isn't that bad in the flesh, I can't easily change it and would probably replace it with a shower tray if it came to it. 

I have not measured the bed but being 6'2" myself i would probably sleep diagonally! I will measure it and let you know if tall people are being discriminated against. 

I don't plan on building any single level boats so need to buy them but there is not much decent at acceptable prices coming on the market right now... 

It sure doesn't look as bad as the bright orange ones on some of royalls old hire boats 😯 nice looking boat Clive. I'm guessing alpha done the original fit out as they used that circular shape galley entrance on some of there hire fleet. 

I've long looked for boats with beds with free space at the bottom of the bed. Can't always find them. I'm only 6' tall when stood up, but 6'6" long when lying down! So a bed like this needs to be at least 6'6" for it to be comfortable to sleep in. I've never understood this reverse arrangement with the bed head in the middle of the cabin. Yes you get the additional space under the side deck, but most of these boats are left with very wide passage ways and I'd sooner give that space up over bed length. If there is no hard surface at the foot of the bed it doesn't need to be as long. The boat we had this year had a mattress only 5'9" long, but no problem. My feet stick out yes, but at least I can sleep. I'm sure if you wanted a full length the other way round it would be very simple to have a sliding mattress which you pushed under the side deck during the day and pulled out those extra inches at night.

11 hours ago, SwanR said:

Totally agree having twice hired boats with the bed this way round, fortunately they had a convertible in the saloon that I could sleep on, never again with a bed with the foot under the sidedeck.  The other point is that any bedside cabinet is at the bottom of the bed so you can't reach it when in bed.  Plus your feet are up against a cold hull.

32 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

very simple to have a sliding mattress which you pushed under the side deck during the day and pulled out those extra inches at night.

Excellent idea.

• Like 1

Hi Clive. Going back to my youth (probably 40 years ago!) I remember Poolcraft having their fleet with names ending in WAY and on looking at the database I notice Clearway was the name of one of their boats. Happy memories of holidays in Beccles around 1970 so well before you  were born !!

• Like 1