Covid19 Booster

3 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Can I express my thanks and congratulations to Kate on the award of The Covid Star for her continuous and ongoing dedication to her patients  during this pandemic .

I am so proud and humbled by your unerring dedication , 

0510BF48-BCB7-44EF-BCB9-EB86ACE987FB.jpeg

Congratulations, well deserved.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Will someone please tell me what I’ve just been told at a cafe is utter rubbish:-

’The public will be required to have a booster vaccination every Three Months’

Really?  I hope not

Griff 

That sounds like a distortion of the boost the booster program that was recently announced by the government. 

Initially you couldn't have your booster until after 6 months, then you were able to book it after 5 months in preparation for the 6 months interval. When they announced that the over 40's and even more recently the 18 to 39 year olds would be able to get a booster in a race against another wave of COVID driven by Omicron they said that you couldn't have a booster any sooner than 3 months after your second dose.

All severely immunosuppressed individuals are being given a primary course of three doses and again their booster or fourth dose cannot be any sooner than three months after their third dose.

• Like 1

I see there’s an announcement regarding further restrictions starting at 18:00.  I can’t help wondering why those folk who object to having the vaccine, as it’s an infringement of their civil liberties can be responsible, in part, for further restrictions being placed on my right to live as normal a life as possible.

Still, as long as there’s no lockdown.  I’d hate to have to call my Christmas dinner a business meeting!! :default_hiding:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

I see there’s an announcement regarding further restrictions starting at 18:00.  I can’t help wondering why those folk who object to having the vaccine, as it’s an infringement of their civil liberties can be responsible, in part, for further restrictions being placed on my right to live as normal a life as possible.

Still, as long as there’s no lockdown.  I’d hate to have to call my Christmas dinner a business meeting!! :default_hiding:

So 3 steps forward and 2 steps back....

Plan B brings in covid passports for certain venues and working from home advice.

I would go further!

This will not end until we make vaccination mandatory for access to all services, including work and social activities

For me, if you don't want to take a vaccine, fine, but stay at home, stay safe, don't go to work, but work from home and make sure all purchases are delivered to your door.

Be confined to your home! 

Its time to let everyone else to start living again!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Plan B brings in covid passports for certain venues and working from home advice.

I would go further!

This will not end until we make vaccination mandatory for access to all services, including work and social activities

For me, if you don't want to take a vaccine, fine, but stay at home, stay safe, don't go to work, but work from home and make sure all purchases are delivered to your door.

Its time to let everyone else to start living again!

With you there, Warren!!

I find it hard to believe that some folk still deny the efficacy of the vaccines, despite the evidence to the contrary.  That said, there’s still some people that believe the World is flat!! :default_icon_e_surprised:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I would go further!

How could that be policed and enforced?

3 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

How could that be policed and enforced?

That's an issue for the authorities

But quite easy if you have to provide your covid passport for everything and on demand when requested by police or other authorised persons, such as council officials, NHS and such persons as the highways agency

Anybody that doesn't is reported and let the courts deal with them!

Pretty easy really

3 minutes ago, Tempest said:

That's an issue for the authorities

But quite easy if you have to provide your covid passport for everything and on demand when requested by police or other authorised persons, such as council officials, NHS and such persons as the highways agency

Anybody that doesn't is reported and let the courts deal with them!

Pretty easy really

Although I entirely agree with the objective and share the frustration of trying to get people to do the right thing.... that's still not a state I would like to live in!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

Although I entirely agree with the objective and share the frustration of trying to get people to do the right thing.... that's still not a state I would like to live in!

I would

But that is the great thing about opinions

Some people love to do or not do whatever they want, when they want

I prefer to see the bigger picture

2 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Do think we need to get tough on those that refuse to  get the vaccine, unless there's a medical  reason not too.Most of us through  life have vaccines  for a wide range of illness. Many previously deadly diseases are all but gone due to vaccines. 

All in the days before the interweb and social media though Ian.

6 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I prefer to see the bigger picture

I believe the bigger picture includes the fall out and effects of such a totalitarian action. However as I said I entirely agree with the objective and totally respect differing opinions 🍺

• Like 2

Perhaps as alcohol kills when taken to excess we should ban it? Or tobacco kills and creates a burden on the NHS we should ban it. Obesity puts a huge load on the NHS so perhaps we should force people to go on a diet or healthy eating course. etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for taking the vaccine and I've had my two and the booster and the flu jab, but we do live in a free country thankfully. I took my vaccine as a free choice and I would defend that free choice.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I`m thinking that is down to your past employment in the force Warren.

You may be correct

But every walk of life is covered by legislation, rules or regulations

Tuckman was right when he looked at human behaviour

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuckman's_stages_of_group_development#:~:text=The forming–storming–norming–,plan work%2C and deliver results.

We just need to move to the norming and performing phase, so that those humans who don't like rules and regulations can move to something else to moan about

😂🤣

Does everyone getting in my car put on a seatbelt? Of course as I am trying to save lives - the only infringement to their personal freedom is if they get in the back and I have not taken the child locks off!

When did anyone see a motorcyclist without a helmet? Do no hear a lot anymore about freedom being infringed over that issue!

Indeed I would go further - if an unvaccinated person has to go into hospital and takes a bed another could have had, I would make them pay for that bed space and the treatment - perhaps then the staff could deal with the ever growing list of people waiting for help which was not due to their stupidity!

• Like 2