Covid19 Booster

On 17/12/2021 at 12:25, SwanR said:

I had AZ for the first two and a Moderna booster exactly six months later. By that evening I was proper shivery like with flu. Tried to work the next day but couldn’t do it.

If its any consolation my daughter (29, works in the lab of the forensic medicine department of the large Hamburg hospital) first had AZ, second was BionTech.  She was off work for 2 days each time (as were some but not all of her colleagues).
Last week she had her "booster" (BionTech) & was again K/O for 2 days.

Wife & I had Moderna both times (end May / early July) and apart from stiff arms had little other effects.  We have appointment for "booster" on 4th January (6 mths + 1 day).

1 hour ago, andyg said:

Well covid has struck our family's Christmas plans. Sadly our daughter in-law has tested positive today along with 14 other members of staff at her work. The speed at which this variant is spreading is mind boggling. My friend who tested positive last week and has the Omicron variant reports mild cold like symptoms but on the whole his fine. He has been fully vaccinated and had the booster jab 5 weeks ago. His not the first person I've heard this from so hopefully the vaccine is standing up well against this latest wave. It was reported on bbc london news early yesterday that 97% of all ICU bed in London are occupied by ppl with covid and most are un vaccinated. So frustrating that folk can't see beyond the end of there noses..There ill informed decision are having a major impact on life saving surgery's as they unnecessarily clog up icu departments all over the country. 

Same here, granddaughter just tested positive, starting tomorrow we had a whole host of bake days planned for them. Hasty replanning now going on.😷

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

Same here, granddaughter just tested positive, starting tomorrow we had a whole host of bake days planned for them. Hasty replanning now going on.😷

And here, grandson positive. My son's up here for an appointment so we'll be putting their presents in one car so he can put ours in the other and we can leave them in quarantine. We'll make up for it later though; another "Christmas" day with all silly presents from the £1 shop, probably in spring.

• Sad 1

It's a shame so many plans have gone awry - to add to the list my nephew, his wife and son planned a cruise in the sun for the Christmas break. The day before they were to leave they had a phone call from the school, the boy tested positive!

No cruise!

• Sad 1

I have a standing invite to my sisters Boxing day, for a family get together, considering there will be a fair few school age kids in the gathering, I think I may well give it a miss this year, not wanting to immerse myself into a possible contagion hotspot.

they are saying that once again it seems to be schoolkids that are potentially spreading this far and wide,

I think that maybe we ought to take a more drastic step and maybe just tie a plastic bag on all childrens heads with an airtight seal around the neck. or is that maybe a step too far? :default_coat:

• Haha 8

On 17/12/2021 at 11:02, PaulN said:

Hope you will be OK, my wife and I had our boosters last month (Pfiezer) and no symptoms whatsoever. 

I was really not very well on Friday evening. Feeling too hot then too cold, feeling very sick and light headed. My arm pit glands swelled up massively and were really tender.

I feel fine again now other than swollen glands still but it really wasn't very pleasant.