Covid19 Booster

11 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

We live in an imperfect world, full of imperfect people, governed by imperfect laws.

We will never change them on a Norfolk Broads discussion forum.

Can I draw members attention to Grendel's earlier post,

"can we please limit the discussion to the topic, ie Covid,"

More exactly, to the booster .

Thanks.

My whole point was about COVID and Boosters and the impact of those who refuse them which you obviously missed

Haven't they identified the problem with the AZ vaccine, I'm sure my wife told me earlier this week, the clots are being caused by a rare protein in a very small number of people's blood. Apparently it can be fixed. But wasn't asprin considered a radical new drug once upon a time. 

Thalidomide was also a wonder drug once....

I wonder how those that refused it feel now, quite chuffed I would guess.

Admittedly it was shown to be a very good drug for those not pregnant but it still messed up lots of people, I'm all for the vax and have had 3 doses but would still be against compulsory jabs, more restriction for the idiots I have no problem with whatsoever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

So my point remains the same.  If you have a life threatening condition, which requires daily medication to mitigate (as far as possible) the potential consequences and accept the risks that accompany what is prescribed, what is the difference between that and the risk of a Covid vaccine.

Because it still comes down to personal choice. A blood transfusion may save your life, but if your a Jehovah's Witness you would still chose not to have it, and you cannot be forced to.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not anti the vaccine, I've had both doses and the booster and will more than likely take any future boosters offered, But I do believe in it being mine, or anyone else's free choice.  

• Like 1

Thalidomide was a great drug unfortunately the outcome from it is that no drugs are now trialled on pregnant women, not children nor neonates. Consequently medics ( refuse to call them doctors without a higher degree)spend many hours trying to figure out what drug companies are too afraid to. 
The AZ vaccine in many ways is a superior vaccine for immunological reasons and of course cost. 
The raw costs of an mRNA vaccine add up to less than 5 quid, Pfizer charge up to 23 quid wait for it PER DOSE. AZ was produced in UK for less than 6 quid a dose. 
And thalidomide is still in common usage today and is prescribed safely to millions of people every year. 
Biggest scandal we are not talking about is the government cancelling a inactivated virus vaccine product from Valneva, nothing better than an inactivated vaccine ( argue if viruses are ever alive amongst yourselves pls) was goi g to be made in Scotland company invested 100M and Boris cancelled it, just before OMICRON, oh dear what timing

• Like 2

I have one colleague who has refused the vaccine. Like me he is ex millitary, so somewhat surprised as I have a jab record like a supermarket printout. What's one ( or three ) more.

Only one I ever declined was Anthrax. They were unclear of the side effects, and I believed it's use would probably have triggered Armageddon from the USA anyway, so regarded it as a low risk - after all it's not in normal circulation.

Oh - and he's now got COVID

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh - and he's now got COVID

I hear that from a lot of anti vaxxers - 'What's the point, the vaccine doesn't stop you getting covid'

I answer them with - Agreed, it was never claimed to stop you getting the disease but lessens the impact, that it keeps you out of hospital and stops you going into an ICU or worse

That normally quietens them down somewhat.  The couple I'm working for this week, retired in their sixties, they  are both staunch anti vaxxers - We have had some interesting banter this week

Griff

• Like 2

There is always one and we have one lives in Canada - really anti vax.     In Canada he can now no longer take the mini league , go to a library, church the places are endless.   I have had many a conversation and some of the tripe and that is only expression I can use that he talks is unbelievable.   Reckons that Besos or a name like that says it the governments way of sorting out the worlds population.    There is - wait for it - a chip inserted in your arm so that you can be monitored.  Well they can monitor me whenever they like because they would be bored to death within 2 days.  I mean he is an educated man and he believes all this rubbish.

At 76 I will take my chances and every jab that is offered I will be first in the queue and eternally grateful for it.

• Like 2

the main source for all the rubbish out there, all the conspiracy theories etc is the internet, you could publish that cows are blue and someone would become  a staunch believer in that as a fact.

hence the new legislation pending that we are trying to get one step ahead of, where such idiotic nonsense will no longer be allowed on social media platforms etc.

so all of the fake facts about covid 19 will have to be removed from the internet, (which will probably be seen as proof of  a conspiracy by those who love to delude themselves by such things.)

anti vaxxers that say you are having a microchip implanted, have they seen the size of the needles, these mythical microchips would have to be microscopically small to be able to pass down those needles, as someone who is on warfarin, they actually use an even smaller needle to minimise the risk of bleeding afterwards.  5 seconds actual thought and they would see how stupid their theories really are, if the microchips are for tracking, and are really that tiny, then answer this, how are they powered, and what is the likely range of these miniscule devices. bearing in mind that to transmit you need an antenna of a size commensurate with the frequency you want to transmit on.

just thinking through the problems involved and necessary solutions blows the majority of conspiracy theories out of the water.

• Like 4

according to a pfizer vaccine covid 19 data sheet, a needle of 21 gauge or narrower should be used, this means the inner diameter of the needle should be 0.5mm - or smaller. for a warfarin user the needle is about half that size (25 gauge) 0.26mm inner diameter, and could actually be inserted into the above needle as its outside diameter is the same as the internal diameter of the standard needle

a similar search provides data that says the smallest implantable microchips are only 0.1mm - but they contain no power source, and have to be powered by an ultrasound detector, ultrasound can only be transmitted by direct contact through the body.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a36503099/worlds-smallest-implantable-chip/

14 minutes ago, grendel said:

the main source for all the rubbish out there, all the conspiracy theories etc is the internet, you could publish that cows are blue and someone would become  a staunch believer in that as a fact.

No they are black and white and made of concrete, I've seen them in Milton Keynes :default_eusa_naughty:

15 minutes ago, grendel said:

so all of the fake facts about covid 19 will have to be removed from the internet, (which will probably be seen as proof of  a conspiracy by those who love to delude themselves by such things.)

The problem is there becomes a fine line between removing fake news and then removing inconvenient truths! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grendel said:

according to a pfizer vaccine covid 19 data sheet, a needle of 21 gauge or narrower should be used, this means the inner diameter of the needle should be 0.5mm - or smaller.

a similar search provides data that says the smallest implantable microchips are only 0.1mm - but they contain no power source, and have to be powered by an ultrasound detector, ultrasound can only be transmitted by direct contact through the body.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a36503099/worlds-smallest-implantable-chip/

The problem is your using logic and reason based upon a lifetimes experience of working in a technical environment and to you and me it all makes perfect sense, however there are many equally intelligent people who write fantastic poetry or Broadway plays who won't have a clue about what you've just writtten.

Many people still believe that Old Shuck still exists in Broadland, or that a ghost still visits Acle Bridge regularly!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meantime said:

The problem is your using logic and reason based upon a lifetimes experience of working in a technical environment and to you and me it all makes perfect sense, however there are many equally intelligent people who write fantastic poetry or Broadway plays who won't have a clue about what you've just writtten.

Many people still believe that Old Shuck still exists in Broadland, or that a ghost still visits Acle Bridge regularly!

Talking of which - Santa's going to be really peeved this year!!  I've left a face mask for each of his reindeer instead of milk and nuts and blocked off the chimney :default_laugh: I've also had a diversion sign put on top of the chimney pointing him to the front of the driveway where there will be a sanitiser bottle and wipes!!  (Don't think somehow that we'll be getting a visit this year :default_laugh::default_smiley-taunt014:).

Chris

P.S. Apologies for the deviation :default_hiding:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CeePee1952 said:

Talking of which - Santa's going to be really peeved this year!!  I've left a face mask for each of his reindeer instead of milk and nuts and blocked off the chimney :default_laugh: I've also had a diversion sign put on top of the chimney pointing him to the front of the driveway where there will be a sanitiser bottle and wipes!!  (Don't think somehow that we'll be getting a visit this year :default_laugh::default_smiley-taunt014:).

Chris

P.S. Apologies for the deviation :default_hiding:

Don't forget the hoof clamping sign for the driveway, you could make a mint in release fees.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that ghost at Acle bridge was Norfolk Nog trying to blag a free beer.

• Haha 2

Trying to book my booster jab this morning.

So far I have made it to the front if the queue twice only for the system to have a hissy fit, claim a technical error and chuck me out again. Currently number 1091 in the queue again. Will see if I have any better luck this time.

If they are going to have a push on giving us all a booster jab then surely they need to make sure their booking website is up to the job :default_rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, grendel said:

there are quite a few walk in centres, where you dont need to book, I had a text message saying where mine was and went the same day, no fuss no bother.

I'm going for that option. The website has kicked me off again :default_rolleyes:

3 hours ago, grendel said:

there are quite a few walk in centres, where you dont need to book, I had a text message saying where mine was and went the same day, no fuss no bother.

just tried to find out where the walkin centres for boosters are in Norfolk on the NHS Site... It says Kings Lynn and Bury st Edmunds/ Ipswich / Harleston in Suffolk

Not quite local... But it's better than Sheffield they told me when I first tried to book..

Ps I got mine locally Saturday In Hoveton, through the surgery ringing me up to get one.

• Like 2

So it's being reported the the nhs vaccine booking web site has crash due to high demand, frustrating but a good sign in my opinion. Maybe folk will start being a bit more sensible now and get their jab. We went to the pictures yesterday first time in 3 years, it was good to see ppl complying with the requirement to wear a mask. We saw westside story very good remake indeed ( if you like that kind of thing ) then on for a meal at our local harvester again bursting at the seems, but customers and staff wearing mask when needed to. 😉 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I have an nhs letter confirming I have had 2 vaccinations,  is there going to be a letter confirming you have had the third jab. 

Your vaccination record is confirmed on the NHS App, if you don't use the App then the card they give you when you have it done is proof. I'm sorry I don't know about letters confirming it, I never received one.