Urgent - Stolen Vessel Reg H94 - Report To Norfolk Constabulary- Now Recovered

BroadsAuthority

Missing vessel appeal

The vessel pictured, registration mark H94, has been reported missing by its owner. It was moored near Cary's Meadow, Norwich on the River Yare.

It was last spotted on Saturday 26 February travelling on Haddiscoe Cut towards St Olave's with two people onboard. It has not been since.

It is possible that due to the nature of the vessel being slowly moved through the system that it is being taken for a 'joy ride' or has been sold on. It has been picked up on multiple CCTV cameras so if you have any photos/videos please feel free to share and report to the police.

The vessel is a Freeman 23, registration H94.

Norfolk Constabulary have issued crime reference 36/15521/22.

They ask if anyone sees the boat to call 999 and use the What 3 Words app to provide the location.

Best,

Tom

274792575_10159906889050135_7132854867543103596_n.jpg

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, BroadsAuthority said:

For reference, a photograph of the missing vessel taken around 6pm on Sunday, at St. Olaves.

Best,

Tom

274483568_10159198080980345_1943559519474844480_n.jpg

That photo was lifted from a Facebook group and was actually taken on Saturday evening.  The person who posted it frequently posts photos of sunrises and sunsets around Yarmouth and the Broads.

We saw the boat as we were travelling back to Brundall from Hardley Mill on Saturday afternoon probably between Langley Dyke and The Beauchamp Arms.  Seeing a boat cruising along the river isn’t unusual in itself, so didn’t pay undue attention to it when it passed.  I recognised it in the photo on FB but again, it didn’t ring any alarm bells until I saw that it had been stolen.

I sincerely hope that it is found and returned to its rightful owner without suffering undue damage.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

The Freeman 23 is designed to be trailable.

Given that, I've taken the liberty of re-posting the original Broads Authority post on a Canal Forum in case the boat pops up elsewhere on a broad canal or river.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I read found 30 miles away.  Sounds organised. 

I can move my boat 30 miles on the broads and I'm certainly not organised, it's an easily done trip in a day and a boat on a river don't look suspicious when no-one knew it was stolen.

I read elsewhere it was still on the broads and now in the hands of the BA and not badly damaged so a good outcome from a bad occurence, I hope the gits that took it got caught with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Great News.  I hope it is ok and has not been abused.  Have the preparators had their collar felt?

Griff

2 hours ago, Tobster said:

Where was it found Dave? do you know

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

I read found 30 miles away.  Sounds organised. 

Sorry, not allowed to say any more as there are 'ongoing investigations' but yes, still on the broads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Sorry, not allowed to say any more as there are 'ongoing investigations' but yes, still on the broads.

Not very clever thieves then. It feels like stealing a car off someone's drive and then parking it further up the same road.

• grendel changed the title to Urgent - Stolen Vessel Reg H94 - Report To Norfolk Constabulary- Now Recovered

My worry is that any "con" men could pull a fast one.

Our boats are not really secure and paper work easily forged.

Its not as if we have an official type log book,

Wait until winter with fewer owners visits and maybe someone gets a cheap bargain that don't belong to them

42 minutes ago, Ray said:

Perhaps window etching boat name and reg number would be a deterrent?

Already a standard thing with touring caravans although they use a registered number; with boats a new owner may want to change the name or move the boat to another waterway, but it could be done if the industry wanted it. Would it put premiums down?:default_coat:

• Like 1

Hi all,

From our FB page:

'Result!

We are pleased to share that the missing vessel reported stolen on social media has been located today and phoned in to Rangers / the Police.

Volunteer Rangers attended the scene and verified the vessel’s identity. It will now be passed over to Broadsbeat for their investigation and returned to the owner.

Many thanks to the person who phoned the vessel in, and everyone who kept their eyes peeled and came forward with information.'

Cheers all on here that helped and reported anything suspicious,

Tom

• Like 16