Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

• 1 month later...

There we were, quietly moored at Hardley Mill on Sunday when two HW boats steam by leaving us rocking (well, only a little!). A short while later, clearly chasing after the HW boats, comes Broad Ambition! Very courteously he slowed down (well, only a little!) leaving us rocking again (well, only a little!). I very much doubt the HW boats were caught before they reached the pub though - was it the Reedcutters you were heading for or the Beauchamp Arms? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Neither, we were enroute to Surlingham Ferry. The plan originally stated New Inn at Rockland, having sailed late from Reedham due to engineers visit from H.W’s that put paid to that.  The Brundall Navy we’re there at Surlingham  en-mass and clearly no idea how to berth considerately  so we had to about turn back to Coldham Hall for the evening. The pub as we found out shuts on Sundays at 1800, no dartboard either

Griff

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Neither, we were enroute to Surlingham Ferry. The plan originally stated New Inn at Rockland, having sailed late from Reedham due to engineers visit from H.W’s that put paid to that.  The Brundall Navy we’re there at Surlingham.

Griff

I will have you know I was nowhere near Surlingham.

:default_biggrin:

Doug.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Neither, we were enroute to Surlingham Ferry. The plan originally stated New Inn at Rockland, having sailed late from Reedham due to engineers visit from H.W’s that put paid to that.  The Brundall Navy we’re there at Surlingham  en-mass and clearly no idea how to berth considerately  so we had to about turn back to Coldham Hall for the evening. The pub as we found out shuts on Sundays at 1800, no dartboard either

Griff

A bit unusual to find the brundall navy there they are usually at  bramerton or coldham hall , you could have triple moored over the river though and used the dinghy .

Still coldham hall closing at 6 pm on a Sunday server's as a timely reminder for those traveling out of season to check website's etc re opening times , the ferry surlingham is 11-11 year round but most aren't .

Funny thing is iv always seen those that frequent the ferry to be very considerate mooring wise , then again you always find those that  moor side on in front of the stern on mooring sign .

I was moored next to B.A. in August at Ranworth on the bank holiday. All i can say is what a beautiful boat she is and what a job the owners have done in re-building her a real labour of love.

P.S. i was the one on the portside trying to do my best to leave quietly early in the morning. Unlike the people on the stardboard side who decided to run their engine for some hot water. 

• Like 2

And I actually remember you too! Nice to have met you. 

All four craft now alongside The Bridge Inn at Acle for our dining out night. Twenty of us wearing sixties flower power rig. Cringeworthy 

Sail early in the morning for the yards to complete another Lads week. Only 52 weeks to the next one

Griff

• Like 3

Watch it with the talk of sixties flower power rig! What did they say about careless talk in the war?  If you're not careful Timbo will start delving into his archive of terrible fashions again, as he did in the PH bridge thread. 

Helen

31 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Watch it with the talk of sixties flower power rig! What did they say about careless talk in the war?  If you're not careful Timbo will start delving into his archive of terrible fashions again, as he did in the PH bridge thread. 

Helen

Hi Helen,

It is a good job I have hidden all my pictures of me with long hair, Ben Sherman shirts, crushed red or black velvet flares and platform boots.

It was a 70's thing.:default_norty:

Regards

Alan   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We had a great night J1 won the quiz. 

I get to see my new Grandson today

I have msg’d MrsG ‘N.O.R.W.I.C.H :1_grinning: 

So completes another Lads Week. Presently cruising up the Ant to base via Sutton Yard for pump out / diesel sailed from Acle At 0655. Cracking morning on the rivers. Mild and sunshine 

Griff

• Like 2