Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

On 30/06/2021 at 21:08, BroadAmbition said:

Got a nice surprise in the post today.  Turns out our new owner ordered it for onboard :default_beerchug:

This'll save us getting lost! :default_norty:

Griff

BA NBN 1000.jpg

BA NBN 1001.jpg

I've got one with WR on it and brother has one with his sailing cruiser. Great aren't they!

• Like 1

I thought about getting one where they centre your home. Then I realised that I am only 1 mile from the coast and half of it would be La Mer du Nord.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChrisB said:

I thought about getting one where they centre your home. Then I realised that I am only 1 mile from the coast and half of it would be La Mer du Nord.

You have to make sure the point of interest is off centre otherwise it's on a fold!

• Like 1

Saturday 03rd July 

1000 - An old lady friend of ‘B.A’s came calling - Malanka, and was she coming out? Yes she most definitely was!

We sailed in company to the free moorings at Wroxham  through the bridge at about 6ft7”

We then had a DTS in kings head garden with Purdey making new friends all round

later that afternoon on to Coltishall Common and booked a table in Kings Head Hotel for dinner and with a view of the TV - Bonus  Top notch evening with staff rearranging tables so we could see the game better, I gave them a sizeable tip.  The girlies were smitten with Purdey which seems to be the norm

We retired onboard for a nightcap and lights out.

My thigh is being bothersome

Griff

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Saturday 03rd July 

1000 - An old lady friend of ‘B.A’s came calling - Malanka, and was she coming out? Yes she most definitely was!

We sailed in company to the free moorings at Wroxham  through the bridge at about 6ft7”

later that afternoon on to Coltishall Common and booked a table in Kings Head Hotel for dinner and with a view of the TV - Bonus  Top notch evening with staff rearranging tables so we could see the game better, I gave them a sizeable tip.  The girlies were smitten with Purdey which seems to be the norm

Griff

Purdey is quite the Babe magnet isnt she. :default_biggrin:

58 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Saturday 03rd July 

Griff

Do they let dogs in the Kings Head ?  

29 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

Do they let dogs in the Kings Head ?  

8 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Yes they do

Griff

I’m sure they never used to which is why we’ve never been in there. Has the pub changed hands recently does anyone know? (Or have they just realised dogs can be fun?)

• Like 1

Sunday 4th July

Hobbled off at 0645 for Purdey walk. Then about 0800 a bevvy of Lycra clad beauties arrived and got ready for a session of paddle boarding right next to us. There was about twelve of em. I had not a chance of keeping Purdey back from that lot. Mind you it was a very pleasant start to the day with all that eye candy fussing over her. 

Eventually I was able to get my rod out

We  ‘Found’ a doggy bag on the port deck written with the same, inside was some left over pork for madam. Whoever left that - Thanks, what a nice thing to do. She very much enjoyed it 

Fishing for small stuff on maggot of the well deck. Mug of rum, splash of coffee a fish a chuck. 

Then Percy Jack Pike nabbed a caught fish, refused to let go and somehow got himsen hooked, corner of his orifice. Problem, no piking  gear onboard (not until the winter). It took me nearly half an hour to land him.  Safely unhooked and released. 

We sailed for Wroxham about 1000 in the sunshine. A great morning it was too

Griff

53090856-8FD1-4456-A107-89D05DA550A0.jpeg

• Like 2

Called in at the water point just downstream of the rail bridge, apparently the new venture of the pedal bikes is going quite well.  Then it was over to Kings head mooring for a quick pit stop for the papers and the like.  We then cruised to Womack water arriving for around 1400 and managed to grab the last available berthing spot.  I was after doing some fishing, the crew took Purdey dog off up t pub for the afternoon, they had clicked on to how popular she is.  I followed on about 1900 for dinner.  We were all back onboard for around 2030, watched 'Rocket Man' (Elton John) then lights out

Monday 05th July,

Another glorious morning, Purdey once more making friends all down the quay heading, She seems to have no preference over whether they have two or four legs either.

We sailed with the top down as per the norm and had our last FCE whilst underway, the newbie helms were now helming very well, not even phased by 'Yakking Tots'  Sutton Yard, pump out and 40 x Ltrs diesel, still at £1:07

Back into wetshed, final clean through etc.

During dry wx and whilst underway, Purdey is now spending more time on the deck that in the saloon area

I eventually departed for home at 1530, way after the chaps as I had stuff to attend to.  What a horrendous journey that was, took me four n a quarter hours, (Normally up to three)  it was like whacky races out there with one particular unwelcome driver brake testing me then trying to stop me overtaking - no worries it's all on my dash cam

Surely this cannot be a comfortable way to travel

Griff

BA NBN 1002.jpg

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Onboard at 2000. Nav lights on, sailed at 2145

Paddys lane and Barton turf - full as was every established wild mooring. Couldn’t mud weight as Purdey with us. 

Irstead - alongside at 2300 - just, bow overhanging jetty by 15ft. If boat astern had berthed better it would have been easier. Purdey dog discovered a sloping bank and was straight into river when my back was turned. One wet retriever onboard for the night. Not best chuffed, she is as she loves getting towelled off

Pizza and a nightcap will finish the day off nicely 

Griff

E58DA9E9-E730-4DBC-B64C-BE3129D2E0EF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1