Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

12 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Is it not Purdey day tomorrow?

Ooh! Hope it is!

My recollection of bringing Seren home after we picked her up was her throwing up shortly before we got her home. Fortunately, she was none the worse for it and settled in really well. She hasn’t been car sick since either, thank goodness! Glad we’d bought puppy pads to spread over the car in preparation for the journey. 

Oh drat, sounds like it is. I’m struggling to keep up with the latest, so if that’s the case my sympathies to Charlie. Once your puppy gets beyond that recommended weaning stage you want them home with you ASAP. 

Mind you, any Welsh lockdown should keep my father-in-law a bit safer in Anglesey. I’ve been worried about the virus having a second wave into areas that were previously less affected.

• 2 months later...

I've just had a look-see at 'B.A's 2020 calendar 

Fifty Four days, only a measly Fifty Four days

That is the number of days 'B.A' has been crewed up this year.

Totally out of order and nowhere near enough, it should be made illegal and I feel a need to write to my MP about this most appalling state of unacceptable behaviour

Furthermore if you break down the yearly running costs (Not including maintenance / diesel / Pump outs etc) about £3'700-ish that means each day whilst crewed up has cost us £68:50 - Wow :default_sad:

Griff

I've just received a phone call from a mate - John Hibbert.

John was as a young lad holidaying onboard R641 Star Supreme 1 in the late 60's just after she was commissioned with his Mum and Dad.  In the early days of the restoration of R641 he provided us with original photo's of her taken back then.  He also came over from Dewsbury as and when he could to assist hands on too.  He was one of our twenty or so 'Associate Members'.   John was also a crew member onboard bringing 'B.A' back from the Thames to Lowestoft in 2012 overnight in an horrendous storm, I seem to remember he did not fair to well during the trip, but then he wasn't alone on that one!

Anyroadup, he had a request -  Could 'B.A' take him / family and his Dads ashes for scattering them on the Broads sometime in 2021?  Of course I am honoured to be able to help.  He said it would be the best ever send off for his Dad and the family would so much appreciate it and look forward to being onboard 'B.A'

The family lost him on Christmas day of all days (Not covid) and he was nearly 92!

So that will be something to look forward to next year covid allowing - Good

Griff

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

I've just updated the 'B.A' bookings doc. for this year.

Made an entry for April, a mates 61st B'day afloat - Should have been his 60th afloat last year but the first lock down postponed that until this year - We will try again but I can see it getting put back once more

Anyroadup, 'B.A' is currently due to be crewed up for fifty three days as of today with more to get booked in.  However I wonder how many of those dates will get cancelled once again?

Griff

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I've just updated the 'B.A' bookings doc. for this year.

Made an entry for April, a mates 61st B'day afloat - Should have been his 60th afloat last year but the first lock down postponed that until this year - We will try again but I can see it getting put back once more

Anyroadup, 'B.A' is currently due to be crewed up for fifty three days as of today with more to get booked in.  However I wonder how many of those dates will get cancelled once again?

Griff

Hopefully by April we can all have some boat time. We plan on being on BG for Easter Monday and then a move across to her new moorings at the end of April. Better get the Mrs to talk to her boss upstairs. 

• Like 1

I've just got back in from walking Purdey dog at 2145. (Didn't get in from work until 1930, then it was dinner and paperwork).

Dark and raining or not, Purdey deserves a walk at least once a day, it's what I signed up for, just one of my responsibilities where Purdey dog is concerned

We set of and it was drizzling then the rain cam down good n proper, not that I cared a jot I was dressed for the occasion.  Purdey was sporting her night time LED that fits on her collar so I have an idea of her whereabouts when off her lead.  We walked a way down by our local river and back.  Our river is only about 20ft wide on average when not in flood. As I was tramping along in the dark with my night vision working just fine I got to imagining that I was walking down the river bank of any one of the Broads finest on my way back to a cozy dry 'B.A' on a wild mooring whilst looking forward to a Rum coffee or even a Rum coffee without the coffee and then settling down for viewing of a film of some description.

The last time I was walking along a Broads river bank back to 'B.A' with a best and loyal friend by my side was back in October 2019 with my much missed Macie dog.   The last time I was walking on a Broads river bank back to 'B.A' was October 2020

I miss our Macie dog

I miss being on the Broads

I'm so much looking forward to walking Purdey dog along a river bank back to 'B.A'

Griff

• Like 10
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I miss our Macie dog

I miss being on the Broads

I'm so much looking forward to walking Purdey dog along a river bank back to 'B.A'

Your post made me quite weepy Griff.  I so miss our dogs. We lost Lulu in lockdown one. I treasure my photos of her at Thurne Dyke and St Benets. We are waiting to hear if my brother’s working cocker spaniel is in pup. Our name is down for a pup if she is then we too will look forward to walking along the river banks with a new member of the family. Its so hard without a hound, especially this lockdown. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Holly is in training for climbing the rigging on a proper boat

'Proper Boat'  -  Really?  You taking 'B.A' out for a spin then? - Good, about time too :default_beerchug:

Seeing as Holly can make the top of a curtain with ease, she will have no problems with 'B.A's minimal rigging on the mast then :default_laugh:

Griff

• Haha 1