Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

6 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Another "outside the box" use for a thunderflash ...

Someone with experience should write a book on them :default_rofl:

Has been known to use them during army exercises (in Germany) to catch a fish supper from any nearby lake when on exercise :default_hiding:  (so I am led to believe :default_shocked1animated: )

Chris

• Haha 1

Home safe and sound.

That's eleven days onboard completed, enjoyed everyone of them too.

We did 24 x Hrs running on the Beta and consumed 70 Ltrs diesel which equates to near enough 3 x Ltrs per Hr.  We covered a fair few river miles, sometimes against tide so I'm ok with that, besides 50hp and over 8 x tons is bound to use some dyno juice

Griff

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Home safe and sound.

That's eleven days onboard completed, enjoyed everyone of them too.

We did 24 x Hrs running on the Beta and consumed 70 Ltrs diesel which equates to near enough 3 x Ltrs per Hr.  We covered a fair few river miles, sometimes against tide so I'm ok with that, besides 50hp and over 8 x tons is bound to use some dyno juice

Griff

We topped off yesterday and ran 21 hrs and used 40.1 ltrs that 1.9 per hour when considering we are towing a half decker I’m more than happy with. 

• Like 1

I’m certainly not the best person to advise. The only time I’ve uploaded a video to the forum was by uploading it to YouTube first then linking it to the vlog. There must be easier ways though. I’m hoping someone else on the forum can enlighten me to the proper way! 

9 hours ago, YorkshireChris said:

While fishing at Irstead this morning I was delighted to see Broad Ambition heading toward Barton Broad. As an occasional visitor to the Broads I’d never seen her. She looked absolutely splendid. I have a short video but don’t know how to post it.

Welcome to the Forum from a fellow newbie

I too have seen Broad Ambition on two occasions now, she is a fine looking craft for sure. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 18/08/2022 at 22:18, YorkshireChris said:

While fishing at Irstead this morning I was delighted to see Broad Ambition heading toward Barton Broad. As an occasional visitor to the Broads I’d never seen her. She looked absolutely splendid. I have a short video but don’t know how to post it.

If the video is on your phone just attach it as you would a photo and the software should recognise the format 

25 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Is there more? You can’t drop a tantalising hint like that and not tell…

:default_hiding:

Been out for a sail in the halfdecker and boats coming down river 3 abreast  , a group of 10 paddle boards taking up half the width  and boats getting frustrated with the slow boats in front decided to overtake only to meet me side on tacking across the river he stopped about a foot away from hitting me in the middle.  Lots of fishermen with poles that seem to extend half way across the river and one refused to move his causing the boat to go into full reverse.  
A stress free sail it was not. :default_blush:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Onboard for about 1630. After storing ship way past the acceptable plimsoll line we sailed at 1745. Barton had dozens of craft of all shapes n sizes rafted up

We tried for Gays staithe - not a prayer, no surprise there. Onwards to Neatishead - Really?  Well I was gonna have a look-see at least

Eureka there was a 41ft 6” space halfway down. Astern approach and slotted in nicely. How lucky was that?

Rioutus assembly onboard with three young uns excited to the max. This ain’t gonna be a relaxing week. Purdey is now asleep already. Need to get them fishing tomorrow so it’ll be cast off before 0900 then straight to Wroxham for yet more provisions and more importantly - Bait

Peace has resumed, little uns in bed now. I think  me n Purdey might wander off up t pub for an hour  

Griff

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

A stress free sail it was not. :default_blush:

Indeed not! What part of the rivers was that?

I respect that canoes and paddle boarders and fishermen have as much right to use the river, but it doesn’t help matters when some parties (a minority!) string themselves across the river like that.

Going up to Coltishall and Geldeston in recent weeks, some parties were quite good, others completely oblivious. The worst was at Geldeston Locks a couple of weeks ago, when I was trying to turn Tabitha Rose and got completely stymied by canoes approaching both fore and aft just as I was trying to manoeuvre. What did they think I was trying to do?

Don’t start me on long poles!

:default_gbxhmm:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Eureka there was a 41ft 6” space halfway down. Astern approach and slotted in nicely. How lucky was thati

Is there an advantage to reversing in rather than reversing out? I've always done the latter on the basis I've thought it easier but I'm intrigued.

49 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Is there an advantage to reversing in rather than reversing out? I've always done the latter on the basis I've thought it easier but I'm intrigued.

I normally reverse in so when I leave it’s easier to see if anyone is coming up the dyke.  Plus I could be a little hungover after a few of those ciders in the White Horse! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3