Low Tide

Simondo

I can remember quite a few years back, Karen and i being moored at Reedham, and the coachroof of Swallow was level, maybe even slightly lower than the quay heading.  Also, several years back, someone posted a photo of Loddon basin with no water in it.  I bet the tide was running extremely fast to take that amount of water out, and i would also think there would be a lot of room under Potter Heigham bridge. Just don`t go under it, otherwise you might need a crane to get you back?.

Howard where were you moored in those photos? That would have been me well and truly stuck on the boat!!

We did drive up to Lowestoft this morning and we always glance over the Orwell Bridge if we go that way. Hubby did comment that it looked like a really low tide ... now I know why.

1 minute ago, SwanR said:

Howard where were you moored in those photos? That would have been me well and truly stuck on the boat!!

We did drive up to Lowestoft this morning and we always glance over the Orwell Bridge if we go that way. Hubby did comment that it looked like a really low tide ... now I know why.

Looks to me like Somerleyton?

It took a rescue boat to tow us ( yeoman keelboats)  out of the moorings. As our keels dragged in the mud and that was at high tide. 

When we returned 4 hours later we needed two rescue boats,  and a rope to the shore to manoeuvre us back into our moorings with me stood on the bow to keep the rudder out of the mud to stop it being bent. 

We and several other boats had hit mud during the racing.

5 hours ago, SwanR said:

Somerleyton indeed Jean as V and JF spotted 

Don't tell the BA but we moored stern on to a safety ladder and climbed up :default_norty:

• Haha 1