Coronavirus And The Broads

BroadsAuthority

6 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Oops, meant to link you into the above post but you'll get the gist.

Many thanks. I think it might be a browser thing. It doesn't display on my computer in Edge, or my phone in chrome. But, if I try on the computer on chrome it does. Don't know why, but I think companies need to be more careful how they present information on websites to ensure all customers can actually read it!

The new video on the first page of the NBD website is similar. Sometimes it opens properly and gives you a great experience. Sometimes it doesn't and the whole page looks a complete mess of text. Not related to browsers either, just seems random whether it works or not.

It is good that businesses are trying to adapt, the other alternative is not very attractive.

Shepherd Neame in Kent have suspended all rent payment collection and the directors have had a wage cut.

I wonder if the old practice of taking a jug to the pub to get filled and take home will return.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

wonder if the old practice of taking a jug to the pub to get filled and take home will return

It already has :default_beerchug:

Lots of pubs up here in flat cap land are doing take aways and even delivering. Could be a lifeline for them. Many Breweries doing the same. Grain in Norfolk have introduced a 'drive thriugh' 

Good luck to them 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChrisB said:

It rather depends on who was on the boat before you and the time between them vacating and you going onboard! 

You could not deep clean a boat in the allotted turn round time. Sanitise evey surface, control, every utensil, crockery, cutlery, glasses, handles, light switches. TV, etc. etc.

Very good point but I cant see a booking for the boat the time before online I Wish Boris & Co. would make it legally yes or no like he's now done with Pubs etc. would    then there be no argument but that's politicians for you eh. I'd like the chance to maybe switch to October before it's too late, I can't afford to lose £800 odd who can?

24 minutes ago, Thiswan said:

I'd like the chance to maybe switch to October before it's too late, I can't afford to lose £800 odd who can?

If you want to change it then do so. I have already explained this in a long post on this thread. Just get in touch with the boatyard and and talk to them. I am sure they will be helpful.

• Like 5

I note on the EDP24 website that a raft of local events have now been cancelled and that pubs and restaurants are to be closed from tonight. I know that there are those of us who thrive on getting away from it all but equally there are those that don't. I can think of one Broads boatyard proprietor that, during the winter, was hinting at closing. For many of us pubs and attractions are part and parcel of a Broads holiday.  

2 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Pubs are to close as soon as possible tonight and not reopen tomorrow.

They may offer a takeaway service.

Hi Chris

Am I able to stay in a hotel

Use their restaurant

Have a tonsil rinse in the bar?

Moor stern on to another boat, eat at a restaurant, have a pint in a pub

All of us are facing social limitations and more importantly financial implications. I am at a loss to be able to offer advice or comfort.

Andrew

• Sad 2

I think all will become clearer when the Coronavirus Bill is passed. You will note that the PM says " We are asking" when the bill becomes law they will be "telling".

The bill will be very comprehensive even including funerals and cremation should those services become overwhelmed in any area.

We must wait and see.

2 hours ago, Thiswan said:

Very good point but I cant see a booking for the boat the time before online I Wish Boris & Co. would make it legally yes or no like he's now done with Pubs etc. would    then there be no argument but that's politicians for you eh. I'd like the chance to maybe switch to October before it's too late, I can't afford to lose £800 odd who can?

Think your pop at Boris is unwarranted, one thing at a time eh.

4 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

I think all will become clearer when the Coronavirus Bill is passed. You will note that the PM says " We are asking" when the bill becomes law they will be "telling".

The bill will be very comprehensive even including funerals and cremation should those services become overwhelmed in any area.

We must wait and see.

I have always valued your contributions to the forum and I sincerely hope that your optimism in this particular instance gives me and others confidence for the future. 

We need confidence and direction to overcome this dreadful situation. Few will be able to provide, we just need to provide support towards them.

42 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

We must wait and see.

I've attached a copy of the Coronavirus Bill for anyone interested. Of course, there may be amendments to it as it passes through parliament. Schedule 21 is probably the part of most interest to us.

Coronavirus Bill.pdf

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Think your pop at Boris is unwarranted, one thing at a time eh.

No No I like Boris If I break a rule and be a little political I'm glad it's him at the Helm I just want someone to make up my mind for me as at the moment my Wife is winning . and I've nobody to back me up :default_badday:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paladin said:

I've attached a copy of the Coronavirus Bill for anyone interested. Of course, there may be amendments to it as it passes through parliament. Schedule 21 is probably the part of most interest to us.

Coronavirus Bill.pdf 1.3 MB · 67 downloads

Bedtime reading for a couple of weeks! Thank you for highlighting Schedule 21.

In yesterday’s Daily Telegraph (I think it was!) there was an article about Londoners renting holiday homes in counties (Norfolk was mentioned) and paying large amounts for long term lets. There may be a brighter side for some in the holiday trade. 

Re: the Coronavirus Bill. What a load of gobbledegook! No wonder it usually takes years for anything to get done in this country, if that's anything to go by. And this is an emergency bill, that won't be opposed!! :default_blush:

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Regulo said:

Re: the Coronavirus Bill. What a load of gobbledegook! No wonder it usually takes years for anything to get done in this country, if that's anything to go by. And this is an emergency bill, that won't be opposed!! :default_blush:

I'll wait for the film.

• Like 1