Coronavirus And The Broads

BroadsAuthority

8 hours ago, TheBands said:

Sounds like we will be having fun finding moorings on our holiday then...

Holiday diary:

7:00am  - left overnight morning headed towards......

7:15am - spotted boat leaving mooring, took its place for the night.....

Only if you like to moor at popular spots. For hirers, the flip side of busy times is there's plenty of space to moor in hire boat basins plus there's wild moorings and places off the beaten track always to be had.

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Hunters day boats are in fact out and in the dyke! But its is the skippered sails I guess that are not available - not the boats! If you want a sail in one and wander into the office with your card and ask Vicki nicely, who knows!

I suspect its all about the cleaning regime on its return, but the dyke looks to be full of its fleet and if the dinghies are not available its probably that as they are pretty busy, they have not got around to establishing and organising a workable routine!!! 

Government restrictions for inland boat use have been changed today. So long as you are covid-secure with all the right risk assessments and so on, skippered hire is now possible. 

Whether it's advisable is something entirely different. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

A full refund according to Hoseasons!

Book with confidence

You will be able to choose any one of the following three options if your accommodation is not being provided for any reason, or if you cancel your booking because UK government public health measures mean you are not allowed to travel:

✓ Full refund

We will refund you the full amount you have paid for your booking.

Thank you for posting this,  I did ask this question myself on another post,  not that I am from Leicester but good to know you can book with confidence. 

Sounds like we will be having fun finding moorings on our holiday then...
Holiday diary:
7:00am  - left overnight morning headed towards......
7:15am - spotted boat leaving mooring, took its place for the night.....

Please please no....🤞

We have had our all our new style paperwork emailed through, and have completed our online check in.

We still have our unchanged handover time of 1pm on Saturday. So we will be hotfooting it out of the yard as fast as we can!!

Richardson’s have done some brilliant videos, including one explaining how arrivals and handover will be different.

It’s on there Facebook page if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

15 hours ago, marshman said:

Hunters day boats are in fact out and in the dyke! But its is the skippered sails I guess that are not available - not the boats! If you want a sail in one and wander into the office with your card and ask Vicki nicely, who knows!

I suspect its all about the cleaning regime on its return, but the dyke looks to be full of its fleet and if the dinghies are not available its probably that as they are pretty busy, they have not got around to establishing and organising a workable routine!!! 

Depends how many want to come on board and which boat. The half decker fleet are easily big enough for crew to sit up front ish and helm at the back and remain 2M apart, let alone 1M+

Couldn't see any dinghies on their web site..

4 hours ago, Bexs said:

Please please no....🤞

We have had our all our new style paperwork emailed through, and have completed our online check in.

We still have our unchanged handover time of 1pm on Saturday. So we will be hotfooting it out of the yard as fast as we can!!

Richardson’s have done some brilliant videos, including one explaining how arrivals and handover will be different.

It’s on there Facebook page if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

We are booked with Silverline Marine via hoseasons.

Pick up time is 5pm and I get that additional cleaning time is needed but not sure what happens to social distancing and pick up times when you have 10 sets of families all anxious to board 10 different boats at 5pm?

• Like 1

Richardson’s have put out a series of YouTube videos explaining how things will work when hirers arrive at the boatyard plus lots of tips on boat handling, mooring etc. I would have thought other boatyards would advise hirers of their current procedures too, are they not doing so?

• Like 1

We've received the new pick up arrangements from Hunter's Yard. Only one person to check in, staggered check in times etc. They also asked us to fill in the usual paperwork in advance and, if possible, email it to them. They also included a helpful info sheet from Eastwood Whelpton on what facilities are available, which I've attached.

Only two sleeps to go!

Out About on the Broads - Facilities open July 2020 update (1).pdf

• Like 4

Yes, sure, but it will probably have to wait until we are back home. Not as easy to post from a sailey with no power as it is from Moonlight Shadow. I’ll be attempting to conserve the battery on my mobile, though we are taking a solar charger with us.
 :default_sailing:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TheBands said:

We are booked with Silverline Marine via hoseasons.

Pick up time is 5pm and I get that additional cleaning time is needed but not sure what happens to social distancing and pick up times when you have 10 sets of families all anxious to board 10 different boats at 5pm?

Richardson are requesting you all stay in your cars, until time to depart.

The handover will be done with the lead booker only.

I am actually liking the sound of this new system, no standing in queues!

Perfect!:1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Some information for anyone going out on the Broads this weekend ... in case you haven't got time to listen to the news ... and why would you once you're afloat!

I have just been reading that this Sunday 5th July, the birthday of the NHS, there is to be one final Clap for Carers at 5pm. And ahead of that, tomorrow, July 4th is to be considered a time of remembrance and reflection for all those lives lost during this pandemic.

Sunday could create quite an atmosphere for people at the most popular moorings.

• Like 3

Testing time tomorrow for the hire yards, lots of boats returning, all wanting deep cleaning, last Saturday they’d had the time to prepare the boats due to being layed up. I’m hiring from Broom in September so will be eagerly watching what happens tomorrow, hopefully all will go well.

1 hour ago, Bluesman54 said:

Testing time tomorrow for the hire yards, lots of boats returning, all wanting deep cleaning, last Saturday they’d had the time to prepare the boats due to being layed up. I’m hiring from Broom in September so will be eagerly watching what happens tomorrow, hopefully all will go well.

I`m sure they will have it down to a fine art by September.

13 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I`m sure they will have it down to a fine art by September.

Happy to say I share your confidence. I have every confidence that yards, who let's face it always work to a fairly tight schedule, will all take it in stride. Give it a few take over days and they'll be all over it.

No doubt there are some who may have taken furlough as an extended holiday, reality will bite for many when there is no job to go back to, others have worked throughout and may or may not have more job security.

Either way no-one is getting a free holiday on the broads, the broads are not a cheap option for anyone. 

Whoever takes a holiday on the broads is ploughing their hard earned money back into the local business in the area either way.

I find your comment both patronising, short sighted and ill-judged.

ps. I havent been furloughed but I don't begrudge anyone wanting to spend their money on a holiday in the uk.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TheBands said:

I find your comment both patronising, short sighted and ill-judged.

Really!

Are you telling me that no one have taken their 80% government covid 19 wage to enjoy the broads, knowing that a job is still waiting for them?

21 minutes ago, TheBands said:

Either way no-one is getting a free holiday on the broads, the broads are not a cheap option for anyone. 

A family boating holiday on the Broads can be incredibly cheap when you actually look at the figures objectively. This idea that the Broads is expensive is regularly peddled by people who really have no idea how to compare things. 

1) it's the cheapest waterway in the whole of the UK to hire any kind of boat on

2) People rarely factor in any other costs. The price you pay for the boat is your accommodation, travel and entertainment for the entire family. Work it out as a per person per night and you will discover that it's on par with a B&B at low to mid level boats. 

3) it can be entirely self-catering if you want to keep costs down. 

Really gets my goat when people make this suggestion. 

• Like 5

if you take holiday while on furlough then your company have to pay your full wages, with my company you still had to book the holiday and it came out of your allowance, I dont see it as being any different for other companies, besides, 90% of those on furlough will be struggling to make ends meet on 80% of normal wages, mortgages still need paying and food still needs to be bought.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

A family boating holiday on the Broads can be incredibly cheap when you actually look at the figures objectively. This idea that the Broads is expensive is regularly peddled by people who really have no idea how to compare things. 

1) it's the cheapest waterway in the whole of the UK to hire any kind of boat on

2) People rarely factor in any other costs. The price you pay for the boat is your accommodation, travel and entertainment for the entire family. Work it out as a per person per night and you will discover that it's on par with a B&B at low to mid level boats. 

3) it can be entirely self-catering if you want to keep costs down. 

Really gets my goat when people make this suggestion. 

Point me to it. £1900 for one week it is costing me.

i don't begrudge paying it, but do not tell me it is cheap.

• Like 1