Face Coverings.

9 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

"And I think, probably, the single thing that we didn't see at the beginning was the extent to which it was being transmitted asymptomatically from person to person."

And from Wikipedia just now, with a quote from the WHO :

There are few reports of laboratory - confirmed cases who are truly asymptomatic and to date there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur.

See what I mean, about the "dodgy dossier"?

• Like 1

My grand son works in a shop! there answer is no mask you wont be allowed into the shop, its not there position to police the wearing of masks BUT it is there policy to protect staff, so no mask no entry. if you want to shop wear one if not stay out side. John

38 minutes ago, annv said:

My grand son works in a shop! there answer is no mask you wont be allowed into the shop, its not there position to police the wearing of masks BUT it is there policy to protect staff, so no mask no entry. if you want to shop wear one if not stay out side. John

But will the staff milling about with the customers be wearing them? Checkout staff behind perspex screens are ok but shelf stackers etc, imo, should be wearing face coverings. Not having been in a shop since Thursday, I have no idea what the rules are for shop floor staff but, unless they have good reason, I think they should be helping to protect their customers. Anyone know what the rules are?

39 minutes ago, vanessan said:

But will the staff milling about with the customers be wearing them? Checkout staff behind perspex screens are ok but shelf stackers etc, imo, should be wearing face coverings. Not having been in a shop since Thursday, I have no idea what the rules are for shop floor staff but, unless they have good reason, I think they should be helping to protect their customers. Anyone know what the rules are?

My son works at Morrisons in the Cafe, from Friday if he has to go from the kitchen onto the shop floor he has to wear a mask and staff members on the front line are wearing visors.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I popped into our Local Spar shop here in t village yesterday, forgot to put on my face mask (It was in t van).

Got a right bollocking off the senior supervisor and sent back outside to get it which I duly did of course.

Went back inside suitably chastised 

The senior supervisor was non other than my MrsG :default_blush:

Blakemoors have the franchise for our Spar shop, staff there have been told it is compulsory for them to wear masks / shields whist customers have to

Today whilst in Donny I have visited a trade shop, Boots, Jolleys and my tile supplier with mask donned.  Everyone I saw in all these outlets were all wearing masks and observing social distancing :default_icon_clap:

Griff

• Like 5

1 hour ago, annv said:

surely then the medically exempt have a case for discrimenation in this instance. its down to the government not making clear rules again, if you are exempt the government should provide proof of exemption. in this litigous world, whatever policy the shops take, they will be liable if they get it wrong, and the government have set things up in such a way as whatever they do they will be in the wrong.

I have had enough now and will not contribute any more to this thread .

no offence against anyone but nothing will change and we will just keep going round in circles.

Despite the Government guidelines saying I do not require to wear a mask I have received such abuse today that I don’t really want to ever venture out again.

The  zealots on social media have obviously stirred everyone up

I guess our illustrious leaders with the assistance of faceache etc have succeeded in giving us the instruction they dare not give out themselves.

Ie.  Just stay at home and wait to die.

Sorry if I sound miserable but I have enough to cope with and this has pushed me to a point where I am losing interest in everything.

Maybe I will feel a bit different after I hopefully get some rest.

Someone depends on me and I have to try and find a way to cope.

• Sad 4

The rules seem pretty clear to me,

Shop staff don't have to wear a mask, but if it was me I would.

customers have to wear a mask if they are reasonably able to, there are some exceptions.

The police are the only ones allowed to challenge someone not wearing a mask, they will not be chasing the elderly around the shop. If they see a group of youngsters all without a mask they will have a word.

Shops have always had the right to refuse entry to anyone, if they say no mask, no entry then that is it. They would be foolish not to apply some logic and common sense though if they don't want to alienate a section of their customer base.

The reaction to not wearing a face covering will be from the public and I doubt it will be anymore confrontational than social distancing has been, if I am near someone without a covering I will give them a bit more distance, for their sake as much as mine.

Having read Aurthur's post above, that is sad to hear, I do hope things improve for you soon and any public reaction is moderated soon.

• Like 1

Oh my God Arthur what on earth has been going on.    I thought we were all singing from the same hymn sheet here.   Live and let live , be kind to one another,   it just does not sound like it.     Well at the end of the day ( I know night comes) we all and I mean ALL of us want to live and be healthy as far as we can be.    No one goes out of their way , well may be the odd nutter, to infect anyone else,  in fact when I have dared to venture out , it has been very obvious that everyone is avoiding everyone.     Dont get down and depressed please life is so short.   Hold your heads in shame any of you that have upset Arthur to such an extent.   I have not been reading the last few posts so do not know what has been going on, but for just one of our members to be thinking like Arthur is terrible.

I said I would not post further but I must make something  clear.

No member of this forum has upset me in any way.

We don’t always agree with each other but that is what a forum is all about.

What has upset me is the groups of people hanging about the shopping centre harrasing anyone without a mask.

I am sure this is a result of the stirring of the situation as a result of Faceache and similar sites.

Shop staff in general have now got their act together.

To reply to another recent post I am not anticipating a problem before it happens.

The problem is already here.

Anyway Please be clear that nobody on this Forum has caused me any upset.

• Like 8

this is exactly the situation i forsaw when I started seeing all the facebook posts about masks, and how because this one fit and healthy doctor didnt have his oxygen level affected, its now gospel that anyone not wearing a mask is an antisocial idiot.

I have been fighting against this perception on facebook too, held by some supposedly highly intelligent people - ie it was on facebook so it must be true. I have managed to convince some that there really are people who cannot breathe wearing a mask.

to my mind it is medical discrimination, discrimination every bit as bad as sexual, racial or any other kind, and its something i will fight against with every breath (or lack thereof).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arthur said:

I said I would not post further but I must make something  clear.

No member of this forum has upset me in any way.

We don’t always agree with each other but that is what a forum is all about.

What has upset me is the groups of people hanging about the shopping centre harrasing anyone without a mask.

I am sure this is a result of the stirring of the situation as a result of Faceache and similar sites.

Shop staff in general have now got their act together.

To reply to another recent post I am not anticipating a problem before it happens.

The problem is already here.

Anyway Please be clear that nobody on this Forum has caused me any upset.

Hello Arthur, 

The people you talk about hanging around your local shopping centre no doubt will be the same youngsters that were not keeping social distancing during the lock-down, we have similar near where I live, they sadly think they are immune and the rules are to be ignored, they only adhere when it suits their whims.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 4

I may start a second hand face mask business. The 7 that I came across (and fished out) between Sutton and How Hill has given me a stock to start the business off. I am looking for £11.37 of investment for a 50% likelihood of catching something from them.

People are idiots. And messy idiots at that. 

Andy T Boater

• Like 1

What a sad reflection on our modern times.

Back "in my day" it was condoms floating down the river from Norwich.  What New Yorkers happily call the "Hudson River white-fish"!

Don't suppose there will be many of those any more.

Social distancing, and all that . . . . .

26 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

What a sad reflection on our modern times.

Back "in my day" it was condoms floating down the river from Norwich.  What New Yorkers happily call the "Hudson River white-fish"!

Don't suppose there will be many of those any more.

Social distancing, and all that . . . . .

Never underestimate the young... and the young at heart! 😂

I spent some hours yesterday making 10 face masks for family who are/were going to Spain. 
I imagine now that they will not be needed, given last evening’s Government quarantine announcement.

I should have left the job until today. 😋

20 hours ago, Vaughan said:

And from Wikipedia just now, with a quote from the WHO :

There are few reports of laboratory - confirmed cases who are truly asymptomatic and to date there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur.

See what I mean, about the "dodgy dossier"?

I contracted COVID-19 at the end of April, despite following all guide lines in place at that time,. Severe symptoms lasted 72 hours, the cough about 8 weeks. I was tested clear at the beginning of June as Jamie's school insisted on me testing clear before they would let him back. Breydon, our youngest showed mild symptoms, temperature, cough etc but Elaine and Jamie nothing.

From that first hand experience asymptomatic cases are far more common than the WHO statement suggests, or Elaine and Jamie did not contract the virus meaning it is not as infectious as suggested, bearing in mind they were confined in the house with me. 

I know which I think is more likely. 

• Like 3