My Day

LizG

7 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Rumour has it that you will be back to do the other side one day. :default_hiding:

The other side wasn't green 😛, s'board gets the sun which keeps the algae off 😁

I've just realised we can only see the starboard side of Malc's boat, he could could be hiding a whole market garden of greenery on his port side 😂

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Ray said:

The other side wasn't green 😛, s'board gets the sun which keeps the algae off 😁

I've just realised we can only see the starboard side of Malc's boat, he could could be hiding a whole market garden of greenery on his port side 😂

Not unless you’ve planted some, there wasn’t any there on Friday!  I’ll be up soon to give the old girl a waxing.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

You still talking about the boat here? :default_hiding:

‘S funny you should mention that.  I remember when the wife (some years ago now) came out to me while I was cleaning my motor bike.  She said ‘I wish you’d treat me like you do that ruddy bike.’  The offer of a rub down with an oily rag didn’t go down too well!:default_biggrin:

• Haha 9

34 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

‘S funny you should mention that.  I remember when the wife (some years ago now) came out to me while I was cleaning my motor bike.  She said ‘I wish you’d treat me like you do that ruddy bike.’  The offer of a rub down with an oily rag didn’t go down too well!:default_biggrin:

Wrong kind of oil bud :default_norty:

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Please take no offence 

No offence taken and if anyone feels offended by MargeandParge I will see them outside :default_icon_kiss: You couldn't offend anyone

Just for the record an oily rag does nothing for me at all, a glass of Prosecco however..... :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 05/02/2023 at 18:07, floydraser said:

Reminds me of the coffee morning I take my 91 year old mother in law to on a Wednesday... At 66 I'm the baby on a table of blokes. :default_smiley-angelic002: :default_biggrin:

And the coffee morning reminds me of this forum!

One of the guys told me today he used to own a houseboat in Porter & Haylett's yard, Wroxham. 1970s or 80s, he wasn't quite sure. :default_biggrin:

Twenty eight THOUSAND 

just let that sink in for a moment 

That’s the number of dead in Turkey and Syria as a result of the devastating earthquake. 

The  biggest single cash donation I have ever made was to help the people of Ukraine when the Russians invaded. 

When I get home I’m gonna match it for earthquake victims 

Griff

• Like 1

Rant time. 

I have had to accept there are no illegal or economic migrants in our country. Every media outlet I watch or listen to state on any topic of any visitors here illegally that they are - asylum seekers, every single one.

Why can’t the media outlets just speak the truth? I can take it, I can

Griff

• Like 2

Not sure I agree, Griff. I seem to hear a fair bit of news that is clear what’s going on and that’s mostly the BBC. Asylum claims, modern slavery claims and documents ‘lost at sea’ are part of the reporting which scrutinises all of the above.
I see that a good proportion are young, fit men, but crossing in a dinghy would challenge the fittest and terrify most; as for taking the risk as a family, it’s unthinkable. I am guessing that your time on North Sea patrols would give you an insight into the conditions experienced. 
The gangs setting up these journeys need to be broken up.