Another Eye Sore

BroadAmbition

I once got a telling off at work, I needed to do some work on the car, so threw an extension out of the window, out with the grinder and a few minutes later the work was done. I then got hauled up before the MD, and was told that I could not do that as I had been using the companies electricity (we were and electricity supply company).

at this point I completely upset the MD in his telling off by fishing in my pocket, hauling out a 50p piece, slapping it on his desk, and saying , I am sorry I used the electric without firstly asking, will this cover the cost. all i got told was dont do it again as the MD hadnt prepared an argument to cover that eventuality.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Peter, you're sounding like me there, being a tad synical. 

You forgot to mention the required "feasibility studies" "health and safety discussions" etc, and the look out and back up teams in case someone breaks a finger nail. 

They would need the emergency services standing by just in case !!!!! 

Broken finger nails can be very painful and life threatening

Jeff

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

You forgot to mention the required "feasibility studies" "health and safety discussions" etc, and the look out and back up teams in case someone breaks a finger nail. 

Plus officer reports, chief executive's report, officer time (in triplicate), committee meetings, site visits and contributions to the general reserve. going through the motions of consultations even though decisions have already been made. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Broken finger nails can be very painful and life threatening

Jeff

That would require sick leave and subsequent cover which would involve the HR department who's charge to the Nav Account would need verifying and so the circle of seat polishing becomes self sustaining and perpetual! The owner of the lost nail taking early retirement due to the resultant stress and trauma.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:26, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

The manicure costs for these people must run into thousands.

• Haha 2

• 9 months later...

I thought the change.org petitions were about getting things debated in parliament and sod all to do with BA, it's not something I want debated so won't sign it, I don't see it as a navigation hazard anyway so as much as I find it an eyesore I don't see it's any of my business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

Blooming heck - remind me never to get on the wrong side of you lot.         :default_coat:

Given his record of abuse of 24hr moorings at Wroxham, Sutton etc plus abusing anyone who fell foul of his self appointed sense of judge and jury not sure why your shocked.

Fred 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Why such an issue with someone trying to get the broads cleaned up?

Haha, I`m not getting involved. All I did was ask a simple Q here as a newbie and two days later a screenshot showing my post and username (amongst others) was posted on a n other website!