Another Eye Sore

BroadAmbition

5 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

The Pelican has now left the staithe at Stalham.

2 days ago, some rangers arrived and were on board the boat. Yesterday, a large pirate flag was stuck on the bow, presumably as some kind of statement.

This morning about 1100 it was still there. About 1400 a ranger's launch arrived and when I next looked about 1500, the Pelican was no longer there. Whether towed away, or under own steam, is not clear. So look out everyone - it's coming to a mooring near you!

Meantime the other 4 squatters are still there and squatter is the right word, as they have a charming habit of doing their business in the hedges on the staithe. Sometimes in full public view. 

All in all that was pretty quick wasn`t it?

“This morning about 1100 it was still there. About 1400 a ranger's launch arrived and when I next looked about 1500, the Pelican was no longer there. Whether towed away, or under own steam, is not clear. So look out everyone - it's coming to a mooring near you!”

Shame they don’t send him the bill.

20 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

“This morning about 1100 it was still there. About 1400 a ranger's launch arrived and when I next looked about 1500, the Pelican was no longer there. Whether towed away, or under own steam, is not clear. So look out everyone - it's coming to a mooring near you!”

Shame they don’t send him the bill.

If he is in a council flat as said earlier maybe they did.

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I have since heard that the Pelican has no engine and no gas, hence no BSS.

In which case how did it leave the staithe? Towed by the ranger's launch? In which case, at whose expense?

It use to have an outboard on the back controlled by a broom handle while standing on the roof. 

One can only guess the rangers have a plan for it right? if they have towed it there, they can't just leave it there right? or can they? I'm not too sure where upstream of Wayford Bridge the old mill is, I tried to guestimate on google maps but canny work it out captain lol 

On 16/07/2019 at 19:21, Vaughan said:

Meantime the other 4 squatters are still there and squatter is the right word, as they have a charming habit of doing their business in the hedges on the staithe. Sometimes in full public view. 

It is truly obscene that in this day and age individuals should be led to believe that they are able to behave in a manner abhorrent to us all.

The fine for dog owners in Broadland who fail to clear up their pet's mess straight away has doubled, following new powers adopted by Broadland District Council as a way of combating dog fouling.

A Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) is now in force across Broadland, which increases the fixed penalty fine for the offence from £50 to £100 and extends the scope to include all public areas and areas the public have access. Unlike previous legislation, this covers footpaths through woodland and marshland near to rivers and broads.

A maximum fine of £1,000 if the case goes to magistrates' court remains in place.

Does it not beg the question as to why the dog or more importantly the dogs owner is treated in such a draconian manner compared with other miscreants. Indeed does it not encourage the owner to swear the oath in court and say "It was me your honour, guilty as charged, it was I that did the dirty deed not the dog

The judge accepts the plea and delivers the sentence of ten days community service. 

"Thank you Guv"

The dog wagged its tale.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I have since heard that the Pelican has no engine and no gas, hence no BSS.

In which case how did it leave the staithe? Towed by the ranger's launch? In which case, at whose expense?

For as long as I can remember the wreck she was powered by an ancient, square top, Honda outboard with a tiller extension.

• 2 weeks later...

The origional owner has taken back Pelican and according to him when I spoke to him in Sutton Staithe Boatyard last week has spoken the Broads Authority and made them aware of the fact. I presume but I could be wrong that he has paid the relevant Toll

Boycee

21 minutes ago, boycee said:

The origional owner has taken back Pelican and according to him when I spoke to him in Sutton Staithe Boatyard last week has spoken the Broads Authority and made them aware of the fact. I presume but I could be wrong that he has paid the relevant Toll

Boycee

not according to BA toll checker

38 minutes ago, chameleon said:

not according to BA toll checker

I don't think it will be paid. He never seemed to have funds for that sort of thing. He was towed off from Thorpe island because of habit of 'borrowing' and not returning. I can't say we were sorry to see him go.

The other sunk boat in Thorpe has been on the CEO's report for some time and 'not restricting the navigation and the owner is going to remove'. Just when, nobody knows. Friends in high places me thinks. A very low tide last December and it was possible to see the hole in the bow.

image.thumb.jpeg.63f529d3fa2543a2382328cdc1eefad2.jpeg

Project boat anyone :default_biggrin:

Colin :default_drinks:

P.s. Tad windy here at Reedham ferry.