New Inn Horning

SteveO

11 hours ago, 750XL said:

Is mooring permitted now at the Swan? When we visited last October, the moorings directly outside the pub were taped off 

I haven't noticed any tapes but I am concentrating on racing at the start line and avoiding day boats. Day boats are mooring during the day

• 2 months later...

As per the New Inn FB page this evening_

_----_--------------------------------------

Good evening 

We have some exciting news 🥳...

We will be under new management from Wednesday 20th October! 

Unfortunately this means we will be shut for a period of time but are hoping to reopen at the beginning of November, so please keep an eye out online for updates 😊

If you have a reservation or mooring with us after this time you would have been contacted by our team 

For any queries please call us on 01692 631101 

Thanks to all our lovely customers that have joined us and we can't wait to welcome you back again in November 

Thank you for all your support 🧡

The New Inn Team

As per their job advert on Indeed "Welcome to the Stonegate Group!

We are the largest pub company in the UK and employ thousands of staff across our pubs, bars, clubs, and pub support center. Life at Stonegate is exciting, fast-paced, and always fun.

We love investing in our employees and run an award-winning training program that helps our teams reach their goals of becoming General Managers, Area Managers, and everything in between.

If you are customer-focused, passionate, and hard-working we want to hear from you!

What are we doing?

We are looking to take the New Inn to New Heights by spending some cash on the decor, changing the drinks offer, and updating the food menu.

Want to know what the future looks like?

Then pop along to our sister pub, The Lamb Inn, Norwich to get an idea of the offer and amazing vibe."

12 minutes ago, Tyna said:

As per their job advert on Indeed "Welcome to the Stonegate Group!

We are the largest pub company in the UK and employ thousands of staff across our pubs, bars, clubs, and pub support center. Life at Stonegate is exciting, fast-paced, and always fun.

We love investing in our employees and run an award-winning training program that helps our teams reach their goals of becoming General Managers, Area Managers, and everything in between.

If you are customer-focused, passionate, and hard-working we want to hear from you!

What are we doing?

We are looking to take the New Inn to New Heights by spending some cash on the decor, changing the drinks offer, and updating the food menu.

Want to know what the future looks like?

Then pop along to our sister pub, The Lamb Inn, Norwich to get an idea of the offer and amazing vibe."

If that is a word for word quote then someone somewhere needs leasons.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Tyna said:

I would think that the most commercial thing that they could do would be NONE of those three.

Better to review the accounts and allow the tenant to actually make some kind of profit, rather than "cream it off the top" with excessive rents.

• Like 2

So this is a acquisition by virtue of buying Enterprise Inns (latterly EI group). The group has been buying pub chains like they're going out of fashion (which, to many, they are). 

EI was an awful operator. Let's hope the new owners are better to work with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

I will be interested to see what they do to The New Inn , I didn’t visit during the last incumbents tenure as I was and still am against the addition of a service charge to my bill , I prefer to make that decision for myself.

I wonder how much effect that service charge addition had on the previous incumbent’s business. There were many, many complaints apparently. 

• Like 1

That's great news. Our mooring is in Horning and The New Inn use to be our favourite in the village until the last 1½ years. We called in about 3 weeks ago to give it a another chance, only to find there was no food being served that day, only one cordoned serving station at the bar with a single file queue out the door (albeit 3 staff behind the bar). Needless to say we walked out and had drinks on the boat.

In fairness though, The Swan was closed completely due to staff shortages. 

We ended up eating at the new Inn last night. The food was fine no complaints. Service was slow and we did wait a while for our food. This didn't really bother us, we just had a drink and chatted while we waited. The garden and pub don't appear to be kept anywhere near as nice as I remember. Food was a bit on the expensive side for what it is. They certainly were benefitting from the other pubs being closed as it was packed. Hopefully the new owners will tidy the place up a bit. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

We / you all know the new owners or know of them

I haven’t got a clue who the new owners are. We used to stop at the New Inn on every trip but it seems to have had a very turbulent couple of years. I will simply be happy if it gets back to having a good reputation for food and service.

• Like 2

Stonegate Group

Menu on the New Inn FB page saying they were reopening on the ?5th November is almost identical to the one for our local Stonegate pub in Ware which is also about to close for renovations!

They do a good range of beer but the length of our local pub's bar is considerably longer than the New Inn.  A very similar set up to that other well known chain We**er*****s but better!

• 4 months later...

I know there have been more recent topics discussing the New Inn in Horning (however, in the search engine this was the first to come up) - this appeared on one of my FB feeds last night - "Great News the New Inn in Horning is going to get a late night bar and food. It will have a late night license from 11pm to 12.30am."

https://www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/media/7651/variation-application-new-inn-horning.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1JdVK8wItAreenIRwz05p1Nf0PWFlICjG6JesRBR-x7tCdQ-J5VGwWHe8

I think they want to also be able to have a pop up bar outside which is often the norm these days?

I don't know whether they plan to open every night or just have the option.  Not 100% sure if I was living nearby I would be too happy - the late night noise for those living along Lower Street and living a 'normal' non holiday life might be a bit more than they want?

Liz

• Like 2