Silverline Announcement

Davydine

3 hours ago, Broads01 said:

And Waveney River Centre possibly?

Good to see the positive feedback about Silver Mystique. I never doubted it after having Mirage this year. I think I'll stick with it from Stalham.

I'd just like to point out Silverline priced their boats really well. I'm having Silver Mystique in peak season for £1059 hire charge. It has bow thruster, electric roof, electric mudweight and hook up. I've just been looking at the competition for the same week and given how rare 2 berth Centre cockpits are nothing matches it. The closest is Bronze Emblem but that's £1575 all inclusive, so effective price difference of about £300.

Are you hiring solo, Simon?  Now the boat is at Richo’s, will that still stand, if you are?

39 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Won’t Richardson’s need to uphold the original booking terms? It would be very unfair if they didn’t. 

Hmmm.  If Riicho’s stopped solo hires for insurance reasons, fair or not, they surely won’t be able to honour any bookings for boats transferred to their fleet?  Obviously, I hope that Simon is able to visit as planned, but I do wonder whether alternate arrangements will be necessary.

54 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Hmmm.  If Riicho’s stopped solo hires for insurance reasons, fair or not, they surely won’t be able to honour any bookings for boats transferred to their fleet?  Obviously, I hope that Simon is able to visit as planned, but I do wonder whether alternate arrangements will be necessary.

Mouldy Hoseasons phoned earlier to say Richardsons are honouring all of the 300 customers from silverline with a 10% discount off of their bookings for the inconvenience of going Stalham. That’s ok if you want to start from there. Or a full refund. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Meantime said:

20 mooring spaces at £2,500 each on average = £50k per year income for very little grief. No having to work weekends or be on call for breakdowns. Concentrate on boat building Mon to Fri to top up the base income from moorings. A no brainer really.

"No having to work weekends "

If they are a working boatyard with a number of moorings,  weekends will be their busiest days I think.

ADB marine at reedham can do pump outs. Its an up and coming boatyard and well placed. Last time I enquired they were not able to supply fuel but were looking into it. If they are able to supply fuel in the future that would be good for the company and for boaters.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Captain said:

Just look at Silver Mirage, 34 years old and practically a new boat, virtually everything has been updated or replaced and yet the boats remain reasonably priced, let's hope it stays that way.

100%, that's exactly how I felt when I hired Mirage this year. So much had been improved since I last hired her 18 years ago.

10 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Fortunately I'm not solo, Malcom, my wife will be with me on that one.

Cool.  Although it’s been pointed out that Richo’s will honour all bookings, I can foresee issues arising for solo hirers.  I’m not sure how they can make exceptions if their insurance won’t cover them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Cool.  Although it’s been pointed out that Richo’s will honour all bookings, I can foresee issues arising for solo hirers.  I’m not sure how they can make exceptions if their insurance won’t cover them.

That assumes off course that the reason they do not hire to solo hirers is because of their insurance. Does anyone know that as fact!. It may just be their policy that they no longer hire to solo hirers, because I do remember a time when they did. In fact they used to hire to one customer for a period of weeks at a time. So you may well find their insurance does cover them, that it is company policy and written into their terms and conditions and doesn't affect the hires transferred from Silverline under Silverline's terms and conditions.

52 minutes ago, Meantime said:

That assumes off course that the reason they do not hire to solo hirers is because of their insurance. Does anyone know that as fact!. It may just be their policy that they no longer hire to solo hirers, because I do remember a time when they did. In fact they used to hire to one customer for a period of weeks at a time. So you may well find their insurance does cover them, that it is company policy and written into their terms and conditions and doesn't affect the hires transferred from Silverline under Silverline's terms and conditions.

Fairly certain that they stopped solo hires about two or three seasons ago and I’m sure it was due to insurance restrictions.  There was a lot of ill feeling at the time as several people, including a couple of Forum members, had holidays cancelled as a result.

You obviously know better, so I must bow to your superior knowledge.

39 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Fairly certain that they stopped solo hires about two or three seasons ago and I’m sure it was due to insurance restrictions.  There was a lot of ill feeling at the time as several people, including a couple of Forum members, had holidays cancelled as a result.

You obviously know better, so I must bow to your superior knowledge.

I remember that too. Weren’t there one or two of our forum members who got their holidays cancelled out of the blue? I also seem to recall that Richardson’s gave the reason that it was about insurance,  but if that’s the case how come other yards still allow solo helming? 

6 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I remember that too. Weren’t there one or two of our forum members who got their holidays cancelled out of the blue? I also seem to recall that Richardson’s gave the reason that it was about insurance,  but if that’s the case how come other yards still allow solo helming? 

Different insurers or perhaps a different attitude to solo hirers.  After all, the boats that they hire out are owned and it’s surely up to them to dictate any criteria that they chose with regard to solo hires, parties of young hirers, hen and stag parties etc.

Could you book direct with Silverline or did you have to go through Hoseasons. If you booked through Hoseasons the Ts & Cs would be the same. The starting destination would be different so you would have to be offered and accept the change. A previous post from a forum member who had booked through Hoseasons posted that, he had been notified of the change by Hoseasons and 10% discount was being offered for any inconvenience caused. Hoseasons told him he was one of 300 customers being contacted. Hoseasons Ts & Cs state that there must be at least 2 persons over the age 18 and they also ask if any person has mobility issues. I can’t see Silverline Ts & Cs as their websites are off line for maintenance updates.